For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
RobbieWilliamson - chair
MatthiasKlose - on Canonical OEM Team rotational assignment
- DMRaid update from mterry
- Status and Roadmap (*complete*, but NOT final)
- foundations-karmic-i586-support NEEDS an assignee
- Need to Milestone Features
- Platform Team Sprint Update
- 8.04.3 LTS Update
- Sponsorship queue
- Good news
Debian-Ubuntu Boot Performance Sprint next week
Outstanding actions from last meeting
Actions from this meeting
liw to enter the storm of dmraid and talk to TheMuso
robbiew to add http://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-karmic-usb-creator-for-windows to Karmic Roadmap
- Keybuk to draft KMS on the Console spec....based on mysterious irc discussion
- libwibble #385317 (bounced).
- mutt #384499.
- ntfs-3g #349569 (semi-bounced).
- libunique #383718.
- mdbtools #383917.
- partman-ext2r0 #384796 (sync, universe).
- parrot #219276 (universe, I'm the Debian sponsor too).
- qcomicbook #384808 (sync, universe).
- viking #384380 (sync, universe).
- mpi-defaults #383665 (universe).
- netcfg (merge from Muharem).
- silo-installer (merge from Muharem).
- rootskel (merge from Muharem).
- rootskel-gtk (merge from Muharem).
- dpkg #332068 (rejected for sponsorship, Debian bug already filed and
- it's better there anyway since it involves translatable strings).
- console-tools #49031 (universe).
- Finished introducing variable-width menu columns to gfxboot-theme-ubuntu, allowing me to fix #311699.
- Fixed gfxboot-theme-ubuntu #40144 (Norwegian languages sorted weirdly).
- Drafted specs: foundations-karmic-rsyslogd, foundations-karmic-grub2
- Reviewed/approved specs: foundations-karmic-usb-creator-for-windows, rsync-based-deb-downloads, foundations-karmic-better-debian-import, foundations-karmic-swapfile
- IS/platform review meeting.
- Fixed casper #386010 (unionfs-fuse killed too early on live CD shutdown).
- Hoovered up most of a casper patch series to fix snapshot resyncing, and commented on the rest (#384059, #384061, #384066, #384068, #384076).
- Fixed grub-installer #385995 (sometimes tries to edit menu.lst even with GRUB 2).
- Merged: anna, base-installer, cdrom-checker, clock-setup, debian-installer-utils, finish-install, grub-installer, installation-report, lilo-installer, lowmem, main-menu, net-retriever, network-console, partman-auto, partman-auto-crypto, partman-auto-lvm, partman-basicfilesystems, partman-crypto, partman-ext3, partman-lvm, partman-partitioning, partman-target, preseed, tzsetup, yaboot-installer
- Synced: cdebconf, mountmedia, partconf, partman-jfs, partman-md, partman-reiserfs, partman-xfs
- Honour casper's live_media_path configuration in ubiquity.
- Added cdimage/livecd-rootfs support for variable casper initramfs compression methods, in preparation for a kernel version that will support LZMA initramfs decompression across the board.
- Proposed patch for util-linux #383697 (mount.preinst uses lsb-release while unconfigured).
- TB meeting (chaired).
- Ubiquity bug triage.
- Helped rgreening get the KDE frontend merged into usb-creator.
- Helped cr3 with ubiquity automation questions.
- Specification writing. All specs approved, awaiting for responses from others, or awaiting approval, with the exception of encrypted swap.
- Started work on a UDS writeup for Larry Poon.
- More work on migration-assistant base code.
- In preparation of making a video to allow comparison between gscan2pdf and flegita, tested Istanbul and recordmydesktop. The latter actually works.
- Participated and monitored machine-readable debian/copyright discussions in Debian.
- Wrote my important specs.
- Verified that python-fstab is covered by the decision to not require contributor agreements that was done for Computer Janitor.
- Upgraded main desktop to karmic. Broke gnome-display-properties and USB auto-mounting, so far.
- Started travel arrangements for Debconf and karmic sprint.
- Filed a sync request for speedcrunch.
* Travel to Lexington (Mon) * Work on an OEM project
- start working on bug reports
- look at apport backport for jaunty based projects.
* Various talks with OEM people about procedures/processes, while learning * Some simple toolchain updates
- add copy-n-paste for pub-key adding
- drag-n-drop for pub-key adding
- Add transition code to update-manager for broadcom users
- Unattended-upgrade maintainace/merges
- Add search progress and UI updates to synaptic (#24188) and upload new version
- Add ionice support to apt
- design call with mpt
- add prototype support for keyword search for gnome-app-install
- make g-a-i start faster
- make desktop data reading and cache opening threaded
- spec work
- Smoke testing the desktop CD for alpha-2
- merge/test/upload apt
- Add code to python-apt to create required dirs on the fly if run with "apt.Cache(rootdir=foo")"
- Review gconf patch for seb128
- Write debian-version compare script (lp:~mvo/+junk/compare-to-debian)
- Review language-selector diff (from lool)
- Write some simple profiling code for the apt install run (for the pre-unpack spec)
- Review/sposnor imagemagick, popcon
- Merge/upload newlib, bzip2
- Review/merge/sponsor app-install-data-partner for jaunty
- Review/merge/sponsor app-install-data-commercial intrepid upload
- Review/merge patch from robert for compiz
- Merge freevo (385645)
- Merge galan (385662)
- Merge hdparm (311451)
- Merge libxml2 (386390)
- Merge xkeyboard-config (386445)
- Merge hunspell (387366)
- Sync gnome-backgrounds (385666)
- Fixed a gconf error when logging in (383461) that arose because we referenced a gconf source location, but didn't make sure that it existed
- Continued working on removing ac.d and battery.d (385949)
- Still need to get some feedback from upstream devicekit folks. Looks like pm-powersave isn't being called by devicekit-power and they aren't planning to.
- May need to call pm-powersave another way (maybe call it if anything but kde4 is running)
- Started looking at keypress events we can drop
- Started working on replacing sysklogd with rsyslog
- An initial version of the upgrade path is working (copy syslog.conf over). Need to make this use ucf
- Worked on derooting it. Started work on a -U flag to drop privileges, but apparently upstream v4 has similar support built-in as a config flag. mbiebl says v4 likely to hit in Karmic timeframe
- The above privilege-dropping doesn't help with klog, which needs root access. Implemented a simple config value to look at a different path and running a privileged dd instance that copies it over (as we do for sysklogd) to that path
- performance review preparation/call with Julian E.
- UDS survey
- silo-installer (1.16)
- perl - 5.10.0-23ubuntu1
- ==== Sync requests ====
- requestsync libsepol karmic
- requestsync newt karmic
- requestsync newt pyopenssl
- requestsync ifplugd karmic
- finished testing LP API for package sets
Scott James Remnant
- Holiday on Friday
- Finally finished the Upstart D-Bus work, took even longer than I thought it might in the end.
- Updated Upstart's Contributing Code guide
- Fixed some D-Bus bugs in the process.
- Finished up my patch to notify setsid() over the proc connector, sent to lkml along with the 2.6.31 firehose
- Chatted with other folks about what to talk about at Plumbers this year, submitted Upstart 1.0 talk and possibly doing a shared talk with Kyle@Fedora about living in Arjan's shadow
- Put our C bootchart code into bzr for Michael Meeks@Novell
- More nagging Ted Tso about libuuid
- More VFS union-mount testing
- alpha-2 released
- release meeting
- continuing the 8.04.3 round-up
- aptitude (bug #139661)
- perl merge
- audacious merge
- foundations-karmic-power-management drafted
- Monday archive duties
- NBS cleanups