|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
|=== Colin Watson ===||=== Colin Watson ===|
For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
RobbieWilliamson - chair
8.04.3 LTS 07/09
- Status and Roadmap
- Doko's topics
- handling of component mismatches: Currently no action is taken for build failures due to component mismatches (selfish examples: jinja2, llvm).
- handling of the new queue (selfish example: python3.1)
- handling of MIR's (selfish example: llvm).
- Sponsorship queue
- Good news
Outstanding actions from last meeting
Actions from this meeting
- Finished removing the old timezone map from ubiquity, and replaced gdm-signal with a D-Bus call, thereby making ubiquity's GTK frontend architecture-independent.
- Merged: choose-mirror, user-setup, refit, kbd, cdrom-detect, apt-setup, parted, partman-base, partman-partitioning, partman-ext3, scim-bridge, libdebian-installer
- fakeroot #389591.
- bash-completion #370611 (nothing to do in Karmic, declined Jaunty SRU).
- ecj #347393.
- Feature work:
- Wrote online help text code for cdebconf. Debian seems to like it, so I should get that committed towards the end of this week.
- Worked on constructing initial package sets.
- Fixed grub-installer #393432 (LILO rather than GRUB 2 still used for /boot on LVM).
- Dropped ant's JDK recommendation to a suggests, at the server team's behest (#389470).
- Fixed gnu-efi build failure.
- Fixed memtest86+ to install properly in chroots (e.g. live CDs). Dealt with #384627 (20_memtest86+ uses deprecated update-grub_lib in Karmic) while I was there.
- Synced: twisted-lore, twisted-names, twisted-runner
- Updated tasksel to karmic, including recent UNR task changes.
- Figured out why d-i was completely broken (busybox printf's exit code was wrong), and fixed it.
- IS/platform review meeting.
- Fixed w3m #283975, #353900 (formatting problems with w3mman, affecting manpages.ubuntu.com).
- Fixed horrendous grub bug #185878 (GRUB installation fails if installing to certain non-ext* filesystems).
- Technical Board meeting.
- Short week. On vacation Thursday through Monday.
- Merged partman-efi.
Reviewed usb-creator 0.2.0 for upload. The KDE frontend is ready, but I'm keen to get the DeviceKit-disks backend done before we upload.
Started a conversation with Andrew Sayers on him helping with Migration Assistant and incorporating his idea to install applications that serve as replacements for applications installed on other operating systems (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/InstallProgramsFromMigrationAssistant).
Started working on a unit test framework using twisted's trial and worked towards creating a fake DeviceKit-disks to test the respective usb-creator backend.
- Discussed a proposal from a community member to create a GRUB recovery option on the live CD.
Finished another draft of the Migration Assistant DBus API (http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MigrationAssistant/Karmic/DBusService). Comments/suggestions welcome.
- Reached 10,000 source package branches on LP.
- Fixed the issue that was causing the most failures. Need to retry all of those failures and finish the import of main.
- Call with Martin Pool about the best way to start a discussion on parallel imports. Need to write up a wiki page with our requirements.
- Belatedly finished drafting the spec.
- Mailed the kernel team asking whether they would like OOPS reports as bugs. Mail is waiting in their moderation queue.
- Only managed to sponsor one item this week.
- Back from vacation.
- Processing of e-mails, and stuff.
- Tested flegita, compared with gscan2pdf. Neither is good. Told Ken van Dine I'm OK with flegita replacing xsane as default.
- Planning of implementation of specs.
- Started prototyping Compter Janitor new UI.
- Debugging aptdaemon hang in gio code
- Fix gio hang n aptdaemon client
- Work on apt-daemon packaging (lp:~aptdaemon-hackers/aptdaemon/ubuntu-karmic)
- Add aptdaemon backend to g-a-i(lp:~mvo/gnome-app-install/aptdaemon)
- Port add/remove to Gtkbuilder
- Work on the auto-upgrade-tester
- Work on main-all profile
Analyze held-back on release-upgrade from gnome-bluetooth<>bluez-gnome and discuss with asac
- Work on the EC2 upgrade tester (with andreash) and fix issues in trunk, a bit of code cleanup too
- Port update-manager to gtkbuilder
- Merge official-ec2 support branch from andreash into update-manager (many thanks!)
- Add warning when running on battery to update-manager (#377697)
- review/merge patches from lp:~donkult (quite a few!)
- Look into grub2 and crashdumps
- Add crashdump= support to grub2
- Upload new grub2 with crashkernel feature
- Forward patch to grub-devel
- Update linux-meta diff for grub2 support (kernel crashdump)
- Kernel-crashdump spec work
- Work on prototype apport-retrace for kernel crashdumps
- Re-generate command-not-found database
- Work on command-not-found, fix bash crash (#127399)
- Implement spelling suggestions to command-not-found
- Analyze why alpha-2 command-not-found data was wrong, add scripts to ensure operations are more smooth
- Debug apt ddtp problem with dpm
- move data from rookery to new people.u.c
- Synaptic i18n updates
- App-install-data-ubuntu fixes (lxde description, nvidia-glx-180)
- Add information around spec foundations-karmic-upgrade-support-in-landscape
- Target features to milestones
- release meeting
- Review/merge/upload lp:~seb128/update-notifier/gtkbuilder
- Update-notifier: add gconf key to hide reboot required messages
- Merged libgksu from debian (for the gtkbuilder fixes)
- Sponsor gawk via a sync request
- Sponsoring python-geoip
- Sponsoring tuxtype (via review/sync request)
- Merge rsync and forward changes upstream
- Look at acpica-unix merge and request sync
- Merge djvulibre, elinks, planner, rpm
- The oem-config merge continues apace. I'm now testing code, rather than porting.
- Sent mail to devel list about change
- Rebased on 4.2.0 which made the import freeze
- Finalized details of who calls pm-powersave with upstream
- Tweaked bzr branch as a result
- Steve pushed this in, so we no longer have ac.d and battery.d directories! Yay
Scott James Remnant
- Booked Dublin tickets
- Installed SSD into Dell D620 received from Pete for SSD testing
- Meetings with Desktop Experience Team about Boot Experience
- Updated udev to 143, and then GIT head, more changes were required and Martin finished them off for me
- Working on Upstart 0.6.0, fixing initctl and telinit
- TB Mono Position statement draft
- Developer Application Board announcement draft
- release meeting
- Ubuntu 8.04.3 work
- follow up on multiarch spec with Debian
- follow up on Debian LTS coordination
- Monday archive duties
- fix syncbugbot to work with current launchpad (python-launchpadbugs)
- epic battle with Spanish rail