For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
RobbieWilliamson - chair
Status Updates on Karmic Deliverables
- Alpha 4
Cloud Setup in Installer - Defer to Alpha 5?
Grub2 as Default - Done, but still needs some cleanup work:
- Blinking cursor
- The flashes of text that still happen
Possible zero delay work
Installer Support for ISCSI - Done
Install Updates on Shutdown - Deferred to Alpha 5/6 (need to confirm when mvo returns)
More Robust Python Packaging - Defered to Alpha 5/6 (need to confirm when mvo returns)
- Missing Milestones
- Alpha 4
- Sponsorship queue
- Missing Objectives from
- Good news
Outstanding actions from last meeting
Actions from this meeting
Robbie to update the team release status wiki for Karmic deliverables [Done]
- Attended Debconf9. Liased, leveraged, synergized, and so on with a number Debian people. Gave a talk and BOF on piuparts (with Holger Levsen). Cooked up a bug exchange format proposal with Don Armstrong.
- Attended karmic sprint. Participated in some (e)glibc bug fixing, did some further zsync and debdelta research. Discussed these things with Launchpad team and Colin Watson. cdimage.ubuntu.com now generates .zsync files for ISO images (zsync seems to use much less bandwidth than rsync), and I have a strategy for Packages files and .deb downloads. Launchpad-dev indicates they might have at least Packages.zsync files generated in September.
- Prototyped a way to show kernel oops messages in a compact form that can be decoded by OCR or such, for times when the whole message can't be visible.
- Platform sprint
- Implemented "merge-package" bzr command, see lp:~al-maisan/bzr-builddeb/merge-package
- Started adding tests and polishing the branch for review.
Scott James Remnant