For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
LoïcMinier - chair
- Lightning Round
- 2-4 sentences on current work/roadblocks
- Outstanding actions from last meeting
- Any business from activity reports
- Good news
- Reminder for release meeting, if due this week
Outstanding actions from last meeting
Actions from this meeting
Chair for next meeting
I was off last Wednesday so it was a short week for me.
I worked on packaging a Python library not currently in Ubuntu from scratch, and got it successfully built in my PPA. I update the Python distribute package from Debian, got that successfully built in my PPA, and submitted a merge proposal for updating Lucid. I did both using the UDD method, sent an email of the experience to the mailing list and updated the wiki pages.
I spent some time reading up on the dh_python thread in debian-python, made some responses, and worked on my own fat byte-compilation file PEP.
I also did some planning for Pycon.
- Finished grub2 merge.
- Fixed d-i build failures following switch to eglibc 2.11.
- Fixed partman-base #507059 (infinite loop; regression from performance work).
- ubiquity fixes for frozen choices (another regression from performance work).
Reviewed and merged Kees' openssh patch to add DebianBanner configuration option (Debian #562048).
- Resurrected some old work on removing grub-installer's reliance on device.map, using grub-probe etc.
- Resurrected old work on storing grub-pc/install_devices as persistent by-id device names. Sent to Debian for feedback; rewarded by being given commit access, so apparently I get to decide for myself. I'd like to see how it works with dmraid before committing.
- TB meeting (chaired).
Added support to ubiquity for generating AppArmor's cache to speed up the first boot.
- Released a new ubiquity-slideshow, which now has a Kubuntu variant, thanks to Roman and Dylan. Added the Kubuntu slideshow to the seeds.
- Fixed use of printf in casper that was preventing GDM from starting properly.
- Added xkb-data-i18n to the pkgbinarymangler striptranslations blacklist on the advice of pitti.
- Arranged Pycon attendance.
- Briefly chatted with David Bensimon about him taking on a bug contact role for usb-creator, and helping in testing Wubi. Had some further chats with him on particular usb-creator issues.
- Fixed a small bug in ubiquity's new network configuration copying code that was breaking automated installs.
- Tested and committed a patch from Colin for handling plymouth in ubiquity's display manager.
- Brought the KDE frontend's slideshow handling into line with the GTK frontend.
- Worked on merging Debian's console-setup translation code into Ubuntu console-setup and ubiquity. Done and waiting for a merge review.
- CD testing. Ran into bug 506996.
- Ran into a number of odd resets shortly after initial boot, and then X failing to start up properly. Martin pointed me at the fix, but it ate up a good chunk of the morning.
- Added some initial review to the ubiquity design document.
- Built and uploaded a new Wubi as we haven't had any on the Lucid CDs yet.
- Finished the "remove oem-config on successful completion" work item.
- Fire-fighting bug 506585 (deleting a partition in ubiquity doesn't work) with Colin.
- Call with Colin and OEM services to discuss foundations-lucid-oem-dvd-iso.
- Finished code to maintain app selection for all
- cases when the list view is refreshed. Some misc small fixes. Branch reviewed by mvo and merged.
- Working on additional performance and user experience
- improvements for app reselect.
- Some bug work and triage.
- Weekly call with mvo and mpt.
- Time allocation: Platform 70%, OEM 30%.
- OEM engineering meeting.
- Foundations team meeting.
- Discussed/spec-ed pbuilder profile support with Osamu Aoki on the pbuilder list
- Sent patch to fix mk-build-deps -i with aptitude
- After a system hang while upgrading libc6, my laptop wouldn't boot; as a result I went to check debsums for all installed packages and noticed that one was broken and a bunch were missing; fixed all packages installed on my system to have correct debsums: dput, debian-archive-keyring, bzip2, bogofilter (was actually fixed in Debian; did some other fixes in Ubuntu too which were also done in Debian), mawk, liblockfile, lockfile-progs, update-inetd (was actually fixed but blocked on a main promotion of a build-dep), gnome-pilot
- MIRs: poked psycopg2 MIR issue with respect to running the testsuite, green flag on edje, ctdb, took a look at libplist + usbmuxd + libiphone
- Triaged some pbuilder, flumotion, bzip2 bugs
- Researched fixing MAIL= handling in sudo (LP #507934)
- MIRs: ctdb, looked into psycopg2 testsuite issue, green-flagged edje, looked at libplist + usbmuxd + libiphone
- Some bug triaging on flumotion, pbuilder, bzip2
- Researched how to fix handling of MAIL= in sudo (LP #507934)
- Reviewed + uploaded indicator-me
- Fix install-info trigger transition warning in readline5
- Solid work on pkg-create-dbgsym to avoid some warnings during all builds using it, and to run the testsuite during build (much more work than I anticipated -- had to patch pkgbinarymangler too)
- Worked quite a bit on fixing + sanity checking the new uboot image generation script for imx51 which ogra provided me with
- Reviewed proposed rootstock changes from Robert Nelson
- Fixed ffmpeg build with lucid toolchain and greatly improved features detection: now the VFP flavour will only be built if the toolchain doesn't enable VFP by default, same for NEON
work on ratings&reviews (lp:~mvo/software-center/reviews)
- added login/submit support with launchpadlib/gtk and add utils/submit_review.py that can log into launchpad without the need for a browser and proper threading etc (took a bit)
- talk to Debian about review db sharing
- work on fix for #486474, update SRU insruction, upload to karmic-proposed
- debug/fix crash in delete_event handler
- fix crash in threading code, upload new version, properly fix removal warning (needs latest python-apt)
- debug/fix software-center app-reselect scrolling bug
- review/merge lp:~gary-lasker/software-center/app-reselect
- code cleanup (use Application object all the time)
- fix race condition in JS injection in wkwidget
- hide reviews when no package is available
- discuss sub-category design (likely to change)
- bug triage/fixing, prepare new version
apt and friends
- debian branch review
- Synaptic: fix ftbfs with gcc-4.5
- Unattended-upgrades: updated for lucid, add Automatic-Removal flag
- Unattended-upgrades: bugfixing, add conffile_prompt tests
- Unattended-upgrades: backport fixes to hardy, upload to ppa:~mvo/unattended-upgrades
- add /bin/static-shell to busybox-static
- add static-sh support to sulogin (sysvutils)
- push seed changes to lp:~mvo/ubuntu-seeds/platform.lucid
- booting with init=/bin/static-sh for super emergency works (not uploaded yet because of alpha-2)
- Command-not-found: data update/review, bug triage/fixing
- Apt-ddtp: updated, upload to lucid (alpha-2)
- Friendly-recovery fix xfix option
- talk with TeTeT about upgrade system design
- Ubuntu-weatherreport: updated branch for new auto-upgrade tester location and submit patch
debi: review/merge code from DktrKranz
- Python: debug failure with pycentral and python-pyatspi (#507842), fix pycentral, upload
Scott James Remnant
On Leave last week.
- alpha 2
- preparations for Ubuntu 8.04.4
mobile-lucid-arm-alternate-images: Add ARM alternate images to ISO trackers
foundations-lucid-cryptsetup: follow through on cryptsetup SRU
- mountall: fix an unlikely race condition (bug #506902)
- follow through on plymouth/cryptsetup integration, fixing the problem that was causing plymouth to never display any text (bug #496765)
- mountall (bug #503212, bug #505748, bug #505530)