|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 100:||Line 100:|
| * Profiled parted_sync_server experiment; negligible difference, so
|* Profiled parted_sync_server experiment; negligible difference, so discarded.|
|Line 103:||Line 102:|
| * Optimised away calls to method, mountpoint, and free_space partman
|* Optimised away calls to method, mountpoint, and free_space partman scripts.|
|Line 272:||Line 270:|
| * libmysqlclient16
|* libmysqlclient16 debacle|
For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
GaryLasker - chair
- Lightning Round
- 2-4 sentences on current work/roadblocks
- Outstanding actions from last meeting
- Outstanding feature freeze exceptions
- Any business from activity reports
- Good news
- Reminder for release meeting, if due this week
Scott James Remnant
Outstanding actions from last meeting
Feature freeze exceptions
Notes from previous weeks:
foundations-lucid-software-raid-in-ubiquity-for-desktop-install - medium priority, running out of time, may need to defer
foundations-lucid-btrfs-support - low priority, expecting to defer
foundations-lucid-jockey-support-in-ubiquity - medium priority, expecting to defer
foundations-lucid-software-center-repository-based-index - may not make it, in which case we'll need a client-side workaround, or external PPAs won't get to benefit from icons
foundations-lucid-distributed-development - various useful bzr features won't land in the next week, but perhaps not for lucid anyway
<mvo> I will probably need one for ratings&reviews, just as a early warning
<james_w> I'll probably realise that were are in dire need of a new bzr-builddeb feature in about 24 hours
<ev> I might need some for things design want, but nothing specific yet
<Keybuk> I may end up with a couple of small ones for extra tenths of second
Chair for next meeting
(was off last week, this report is for week ending 2/12)
- Cached output of resizing tools.
- Profiled parted_sync_server experiment; negligible difference, so discarded.
- Cached output of os-prober and linux-boot-prober.
- Optimised away calls to method, mountpoint, and free_space partman scripts.
- Cached question descriptions in partman plugin.
- Now within target time; done!
- Some openssh patch review.
- docbook2x #514877.
- ttf-sil-scheherazade #517297.
- geronimo-jta-1.0.1b-spec #512430.
- Caught up on DMB minutes and actions.
- TB meeting.
- Added statistics to update-manager-support-status.
- Added bullet-proof-x support to ubiquity-dm.
- Integrated greeter code from Cody Russell.
- Integrated multipath-tools patch from Intel (#520309).
- Merged: debhelper, dpkg
- Presentation of PPAs/individual software sources in Software Center merged and released
- Fixes LP: #442882
- Lots of work on back/forward navigation in the top-level "Get Software" section
- Some edge cases not complete by Wed before FF, so we will defer and request a FF exception
- Fix for alpha-3 bug LP: #496058, branch review and merge tbd
- Software Center call with mvo and mpt
- OEM, Foundations team weekly meetings
- Started to fix some bugs in bzr-builddeb.
- Merged some fixes from John for the importer. Thanks to him we are now below 400 failures.
- Had a call with jml about recipes.
- Updated some work item statuses to reflect reality.
- Worked with IS to allow more people to control the importer. Thanks agy.
- Belatedly enabled kerneloops again.
- Archive admin duty.
- A little sponsoring.
- various small fixes to ubumirror, moved the Vcs around
- reviewed ubuntu-dev-scripts edit-patch
- filed an old expense
prepared a cubic meter of boxes to ship around with ARM hardware
- chased adding valgrind to Packages-arch-specific for a good while, in Debian, and then in Ubuntu; documented the current process on wiki.u.c/Packages-arch-specific
- poked FTBFSes further, requested cdebconf sync to fix cdeconf-terminal build-deps; looked into first user-mode-linux FTBFSes (empty linux-source package); requested xprint sync to fix some FTBFS
- requested more versatile kernel packages tweaks to support installer properly: linux-versatile meta and udebs; thanks to apw for taking care of these!
- uploded qemu-kvm pselect() support patch as well as the GCC atomic builtins patch since it passed basic testing
- uploaded qemu-kvm with support with "credentials yes" for qemu-arm-static binfmt: allows running suid apps such as sudo under qemu-arm chroots; thanks cjwatson for merging my binfmt-support changes
- upstreamed all current Debian/Ubuntu valgrind patches; all code changes merged upstream now \o/
- chased valgrind doc build issue; got a workaround now, need to reupload a valgrind snapshot with docs, but waiting for some ARM fixes to land
- upstreamed GCC atomic builtins qemu patch (+ volatile spinlock_t)
- triaged some valgrind Ubuntu bugs
wrote ratings&reviews server prototype (lp:~mvo/+junk/reviews.django) now that we know that we can not use LP directly
- make lp:~mvo/software-center/reviews work with the new server
- calls/coordination on how the server should work
- review sourcesview branch
- use gtkspinner instead of progress bar in reviews code
- review/merge sourcesview branch
- add SCPkgname xml filter
- reviews discussion with ubuntuone
- push server code to lp:~rnr-developers/rnr-server/trunk
- work on channelsview
- add abstractions/cleanup
- add "XB-Softwarecenter-Appname" support for PPAs
- add "Featured" section
- headache about fixed_height mode (or the lack of it) - the center is sluggish without it and my upstream patch got no feedback so far
- look into ubuntu SSO API/ubuntuone API
- Work on kvm auto-upgrade-test setup in the DC
fix crash in hardy->lucid cleanup stage
- fix bug in result publishing in the auto-upgrade
apt & friends
- review/merge python-apt debian-sid branch, bugfixes in compat code
- Debug apt configuration problem in buildd/pbuilder and upload new
- util-linux that should fix the bug
- Apt merges (merge from lp:~mvo/apt/debian-sid, lp:~mvo/apt/mvo)
- Merge synaptic fixes from jibls (my hero this week)
- Review/merge apt patch from lifeless (thanks), took a bit because bzr was giving me a hard time (#523703)
- dd abicheck/ code that make testing for accidental abi breaks trivial (*happy*)
- work on lp:~mvo/+junk/edit-patch
- Commit edit-patch to lp:~ubuntu-dev/ubuntu-dev-tools/trunk
- upload new squid-deb-proxy that contains squid-deb-proxy-client with auto proxy configuration
- Review/sponsor ubumirror package (foundations-lucid-local-repository-support)
- Test/review/sponsor aptitude #391035 (and submit upstream)
Scott James Remnant
- Fixing daily bootcharts, and updating to use unity session difficulties actually getting unity to work
- traced to very strange "cache" behaviour of the user's preferred session in gdm and fixed
- Re-architectured daily scripts to support multiple images
- Re-did netbook tests by installing netbook images instead
- Lots more catching up on bugs and doing triage
- Finally almost caught up on bugs e-mail
- Updated e2fsprogs to 1.14.10
- Uploaded ifupdown to use -n on initctl emit
- fixes issues with "on net-device-up" combined with another event
- helps boot time too
- Fixed mountall to create /dev/console and /dev/null after mounting something over top of /dev
- also switched to copying /lib/udev/devices again instead of using MAKEDEV in the devtmpfs case
- Updated rsyslog to drop the dd job and read from /proc/kmsg directly
- Uploaded initramfs-tools with moved blacklist job
- Uploaded udev that depends on moved blacklist
- udev upstream fix for buffer
- include in udevadm monitor too
- merge into ours
- call from udev bridge
In bed with Flu thursday/friday
- Feature Freeze
- prep for alpha 3
- ifupdown (bug #497299)
- cryptsetup: doesn't need 'console output' anymore
- libdrm: move libs to /lib for plymouth
- mysql-dfsg-5.1: no-change upload to follow through on the
- libmysqlclient16 debacle
- lvm2: move .so to /usr/lib, to fix cryptsetup FTBFS
- pam: merge from Debian
- opensc: fix for pcsclite
- kexec-tools (misuse of debconf, bug #518853)
- add an apport hook to plymouth
- bridge-utils, ifenslave-2.6: upstart support
- upstart (bug #524484)
- archive admin duties