For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
GaryLasker - chair
- Lightning Round
- 2-4 sentences on current work/roadblocks
- Outstanding actions from last meeting
- Outstanding feature freeze exceptions
- Any business from activity reports
- Good news
- Reminder for release meeting, if due this week
Scott James Remnant
Outstanding actions from last meeting
Feature freeze exceptions
From last week:
foundations-lucid-software-raid-in-ubiquity-for-desktop-install - medium priority, running out of time, may need to defer
foundations-lucid-btrfs-support - low priority, expecting to defer
foundations-lucid-jockey-support-in-ubiquity - medium priority, expecting to defer
foundations-lucid-software-center-repository-based-index - may not make it, in which case we'll need a client-side workaround, or external PPAs won't get to benefit from icons
foundations-lucid-distributed-development - various useful bzr features won't land in the next week, but perhaps not for lucid anyway
<mvo> I will probably need one for ratings&reviews, just as a early warning
<james_w> I'll probably realise that were are in dire need of a new bzr-builddeb feature in about 24 hours
<ev> I might need some for things design want, but nothing specific yet
<Keybuk> I may end up with a couple of small ones for extra tenths of second
Chair for next meeting
- Presentation of PPAs/individual software sources in Software Center merged and released
- Fixes LP: #442882
- Lots of work on back/forward navigation in the top-level "Get Software" section
- Some edge cases not complete by Wed before FF, so we will defer and request a FF exception
- Fix for alpha-3 bug LP: #496058, branch review and merge tbd
- Software Center call with mvo and mpt
- OEM, Foundations team weekly meetings
- Started to fix some bugs in bzr-builddeb.
- Merged some fixes from John for the importer. Thanks to him we are now below 400 failures.
- Had a call with jml about recipes.
- Updated some work item statuses to reflect reality.
- Worked with IS to allow more people to control the importer. Thanks agy.
- Belatedly enabled kerneloops again.
- Archive admin duty.
- A little sponsoring.
- various small fixes to ubumirror, moved the Vcs around
- reviewed ubuntu-dev-scripts edit-patch
- filed an old expense
prepared a cubic meter of boxes to ship around with ARM hardware
- chased adding valgrind to Packages-arch-specific for a good while, in Debian, and then in Ubuntu; documented the current process on wiki.u.c/Packages-arch-specific
- poked FTBFSes further, requested cdebconf sync to fix cdeconf-terminal build-deps; looked into first user-mode-linux FTBFSes (empty linux-source package); requested xprint sync to fix some FTBFS
- requested more versatile kernel packages tweaks to support installer properly: linux-versatile meta and udebs; thanks to apw for taking care of these!
- uploded qemu-kvm pselect() support patch as well as the GCC atomic builtins patch since it passed basic testing
- uploaded qemu-kvm with support with "credentials yes" for qemu-arm-static binfmt: allows running suid apps such as sudo under qemu-arm chroots; thanks cjwatson for merging my binfmt-support changes
- upstreamed all current Debian/Ubuntu valgrind patches; all code changes merged upstream now \o/
- chased valgrind doc build issue; got a workaround now, need to reupload a valgrind snapshot with docs, but waiting for some ARM fixes to land
- upstreamed GCC atomic builtins qemu patch (+ volatile spinlock_t)
- triaged some valgrind Ubuntu bugs
Scott James Remnant