For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
ColinWatson - chair
Lightning round order
- Lightning Round
- 2-4 sentences on current work/roadblocks
- Outstanding actions from last meeting
- Outstanding feature freeze exceptions
- Farming out tasks that aren't being handled
- Any business from activity reports
- Good news
Outstanding actions from last meeting
Actions from this meeting
Chair for next meeting
Fixed up GPT->MBR syncing in parted for Intel Macs (#538536).
- Fixed broken use of cylinder alignment in parted_server (#539456).
- Fixed KDE privilege-raising code (#526456, #538142).
- Minor UI fixes (#527704, #531864).
- Fixed up noninteractive frontend (#539342).
- Plymouth interaction fixes.
- Avoided use of apt/libudev when we already have /cdrom bind-mounted (#539170).
- Other installer work:
- Filter out cloud tasks from ordinary server installations (#540167).
- Fixed kernel installation on ubuntustudio/amd64 (#541625).
- Unbreak console-setup-udeb postinst (#540835).
- console-setup performance improvements.
- Don't warn about data loss from partitioning when we know there won't be any (#151266).
- Attacked wubildr installation problem a bit more (#477104).
- Worked with Scott to nail down Plymouth/Upstart console handling bug that caused pressing Enter on live CD boot to kill X (#540256).
- Revert dpkg fsync during unpack for now due to serious performance regression (#537241).
- Cope with partitions over 9 in initramfs (#539577).
- Kubuntu Netbook localisation (#540335).
- Worked a bit on a test harness for ubiquity.
- Align labels to the top on the language page in ubiquity (LP: #532876).
- Fixed a race around the quit dialog in ubiquity (r3927 for the full details).
- Properly set the text for the release notes label after the user runs the 'update this installer' option.
- Fixed the grub comboboxes in ubiquity (LP: #539204).
- In the KDE frontend in ubiquity, call reboot with root privileges and try rebooting via dbus only if a KDE dbus session exists (LP: #540856).
- Moved ubiquity's apport hook into the apport source.
- Give feedback when the user selects one of the ubiquity greeter options and disable the other.
- Landed my inactive labels for the user setup page branch on ubiquity trunk.
- Implemented the rest of the need changes to ubiquity for the slideshow, now that Dylan has implemented Michael's mockup. Freeze exception filed as bug 538411.
- Fixed the Firefox icon in ubiquity-slideshow and merged the updated Kubuntu slideshow branch.
- Fixed a race in usb-creator that was preventing partitions from being shown sometimes.
- Looked into 269786 (suppressing nautilus windows in usb-creator) some more. The options are seemingly limited to either mounting partitions in hidden directories or telling nautilus via gconf to not automount *anything*.
- Rework partition mounting so that it doesn't fail if the partition was mounted between dbus calls.
- Don't write usb-creator-helper's log to /root (LP: #461064).
- Somewhat fix progress reporting.
- Provide a format confirmation dialog (LP: #443330).
- Error out of formatting if we're unable to unmount all of the partitions (LP: #507420).
- Provide feedback via a spinning cursor and disabled format button while formatting (LP: #457737).
- Unmount the partition at the end of install using usb-creator-helper rather than umount as a regular user to work around a udisks bug.
- Handle device property changes (synthesizing a remove and add).
- Pulse the progress bar while flushing changes to disk and installing the bootloader.
- And lots more small changes.
- Small fixes to get it working in lucid.
- Continued software-center bug fixes and triage.
- Lots of triage, targeting and prioritizing bugs for Beta 2. Emphasis on stability and performance.
- Fixed four bugs in current release 1.1.18.
- In-progress LP: #535055, channel/PPA reload issue.
- OEM and Foundations weekly team meetings
- Recruitment: IRC/email with candidate for open OEM/desktop
- developer positions
- Engineering rotation allocation this week
- 80% platform, 20% OEM
debug/fix #530632 hardy->lucid initramfs-update upgrade bug in module-init-tools
- review auto-upgrader logs and report bugs/target existing bugs
- debug/fix conffile prompt hang in noninteractive upgrade mode (#538206)
- fix gtk-qt-engine removal (#532968)
- add workaround for openoffice.org #516727
- add better pre-depends cycle detection to cleanly revert in this case
- improve "keep-install-section" rule to fix main-all/main-all-lts auto upgrade test failures
- fix indicator applet add bug (#539969)
- fix kernel selection from base-installer to avoid duplicates (#540114)
- dpkg: look at missing error on --status-fd on trigger failure
- Debug/patch missing dpkg error reporting for deferred triggers (#540252), send patch upstream for comments
- Debug main-all upgrade failure, fix libunique #493608
- show progress when searching for obsolete packages in cleanup stage
- fix crash in non-interactive upgrader
- debug/fix blacklist removal issue (#540823)
- improve stepmaker profile by using devilspie to ensure fixed window positions (yeah!) and commit updated script to bzr
- updated command-not-found scan.data
- cherry pick fix for #507760
- Apt-ddtp update for beta-1
- updated and uploaded into rosetta for import, fix bug in upload
- debug/fix bug in icon extraction (and add test to tests/)
- fix incorrect addition of "cs" in needFullLocales and upload new version
debug memleak in TagFileParser
- review apt debian/sid changes
- review/merge lp:~barry/rnr-server/review-stats
- update reviews branch for changes in rnr-server, fix some bugs
- debug/fix maintenance status for non-apps (#538172)
- Aptdaemon: review/merge fix for socket race (#455861)
- Aptdaemon: fix is_dpkg_journal_clean() code
ratings&reviews deployment calls
- debug aptdaemon debconf race (#455861)
- Gtk: work on speedup for software-center in the treeview/treelist #514879
- Work on dbus computer-janitor branch with barry and review his branch (good stuff!)
- review dbus branch
- push "find_async" improvements on lp:~mvo/computer-janitor/dbus
- Ubuntu-system-service: debug/fix apply-systemwide bug (#530430)
- Update-notifier/landscape: review/comment reboot-required file (#538253) additional info
- Discuss system-wide apply on gnome-control-center with upstream
- Update-notifier: add hplip firmware loading support (with pitti, tkamppeter)
- Unattended-upgrades: add support for plymouth via --text ... if a upgrade is running on shutdown (#506709)
- Compiz: look at rounding issue (#532224) with light theme
- Arm: trying to reproduce hang, but fails in qemu-system-arm
- various M planning phonecalls
Scott James Remnant
- Lucid beta 1 released, in SUDDEN DEATH OVERTIME
- plymouth testing
- bug triaging
- finish NBS mass-rebuilds for libhdf5-serial-1.8.4
- NBS rebuilds for libgdal1-1.6.0, libgssdp-1.0-2, libgupnp-1.0-3
- fix yate FTBFS (more NBS cleanup)
- fix whois, libspe2 FTBFS