Differences between revisions 5 and 6
## page was copied from FoundationsTeam/Meetings/2010/0714
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|## page was copied from FoundationsTeam/Meetings/2010/0714|
|Line 6:||Line 5:|
| * You - chair
|* RobbieWilliamson - chair|
|Line 12:||Line 10:|
| * ScottJamesRemnant
|Line 38:||Line 34:|
| * BarryWarsaw
|Line 46:||Line 45:|
|* [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+bugs?field.milestone:list=27561|alpha-3 bugs]]||* [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+bugs?field.milestone:list=27563|beta bugs]]|
|Line 63:||Line 62:|
|* ev||* ???|
|Line 73:||Line 72:|
| * f-m-python-versions
* much work on py27 stack
* dealing with ppa limitations and api
* waiting for (sloooowwww) results of last sync submission
* todo: review ftbfs logs and write no-change version bump mass upload script
* python bug 9193
* versioned .so files patch (poor man's abi)
* python-dev discussions
* todo: finish pep 3149 and submit
* bug 602132 (valgrind ftbfs on mav)
* reviewed lean research paper
* built out new mav installation on mbp
* python modules submitted for debian ITP
|Line 91:||Line 73:|
* GRUB 2:
* Merged Debian work from the tail-end of last week, with some additional fixes for bugs reported over the weekend.
* Fixed regression when installing to a partition.
* Yet more documentation work.
* Worked on foundations-m-grub2-boot-framebuffer, fixing an ordering bug that broke GRUB_BACKGROUND handling, working with Andy to figure out how to avoid screen-clears, and spending a lot of time testing. At Matthew Garrett's suggestion, I wrote a simple linearfb kernel module, awaiting his review.
* Fixed an obscure directory corruption bug when reading from reiserfs.
* Fix grub-installer to resolve symlinks in default boot device (Bug:602758).
* Support building debian-installer with new apt mirror: method.
* Some 10.04.1 preparation.
* Fixed cyrus-sasl2 (Bug:600180) and ppp (Bug:600947) build failures.
* Stop sshd on shutdown, since Upstart won't do it for us now that it's a native job (Bug:603363).
* Reviewed gparted patches from Surbhi.
* Merged: initramfs-tools (twice), busybox, suitesparse (fixing build failure, Bug:601008), manpages-de, loadlin
|Line 118:||Line 80:|
|==== misc ====
* App-install-data: fix glade meta-data bug
* Apt-cacher-ng: debug failure with u-m and meta-release fetching
* Apt-cacher-ng: review/sponsor fix for #601883 (for apw)
==== apt ====
* fix ftbfs
* make term.log logfile unbuffered
* review changes in debian-experimental-ma branch
==== software-center ====
* aptdaemon: debug crash when user presses CANCEL in aptdaemon progress dialog
* aptdaemon: debug/fix enable_component call return type mismatch
* aptdaemon: update 03_auth_me_less to ask for less password prompts
* aptdaemon: fix test failures
* workon/merge lp:~mvo/software-center/appdetails-in-db
* merged appdetailsview-gtk and pathbar-tweaks branches
* diagnose failure in install-from-channel code
* make buy-app workflow work
* port buy-something to new trunk code
==== python-apt ====
* bugfixes, better test coverage
* py3 fixes in tests/debfile code
==== update-manager ====
* Review/merge lp:~mdz/update-manager/small-fixes-20100707
* call set_fraction() less often
* fixes in python-apt 0.8 port
* fixes in the non-interactive upgrader and with python-apt 0.8 from lucid (that is a bit buggy :/)
* good performance measurment/improvements #595845
==== sponsoring ====
* hostname, libaio, whois, memtest86+, subversion, compizconfig
For minutes of previous meetings, please see FoundationsTeam.
Lightning round order
- Lightning Round
- 2-4 sentences on current work/roadblocks
- Outstanding actions from last meeting
- Outstanding feature freeze exceptions
- Farming out tasks that aren't being handled
- Any business from activity reports
- Good news
- Next week's chair
Outstanding actions from last meeting
Actions from this meeting
Chair for next meeting
Scott James Remnant