|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|In Progress :)
|Line 3:||Line 6:|
|I am Gauvain Pocentek, french Ubuntu MOTU.[[BR]]
I study music in Paris, and feel very concerned by music typesetting and music sharing.[[BR]]
I use linux since 2003, and (X)Ubuntu since the Warty release.[[BR]]
|Hi wiki user!
I am Gauvain Pocentek. I'm an Ubuntu user since the Warty release, and I became a MOTU during the Dapper development cycle.[[BR]]
I'm an Xfce addict (have you seen the Xubuntu splash screen for Xfce? Just have a look at it, and you'll fall in love with Xubuntu too :p)
|Line 8:||Line 11:|
|== Contact ==||== Contact me ==|
|Line 16:||Line 19:|
|== Free softwares involvment ==
=== Lilypond ===
I am one of the french translators of the [http://lilypond.org Lilypond website]. Lilypond is the "GNU Music Typesetter," and I do my best to help people using it. To do so, I've built a small website, [http://gnu-pond.tuxfamily.org GNU-Pond], which provides tips and tricks for french-speaking users. I also moderate the french Lily mailing list.
|Line 23:||Line 21:|
|I do my best to help new Ubuntu users, in live discussions on #ubuntu-fr and on the [http://forum.ubuntu-fr.org ubuntu-fr.org forum].||As an Ubuntu user I try to do my best helping the community, especially in live discussion on some Ubuntu irc channels (#ubuntu-fr, #ubuntu-fr-testing, #xubuntu, #xubuntu-fr).|
|Line 25:||Line 23:|
|I wrote some wiki pages on [http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org]:
* [http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/applications/apt/faq an apt FAQ]
* [http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/installation/creer_un_meta_paquet a dummy package HowTo]
|As an Ubuntu MOTU, I try to keep the Universe in a good shape, but also try to keep close to the community by helping MOTU wannabes. Being a [MOTU/Mentors MOTU Mentor] is really important to me, since I was really happy to be helped by other MOTUS when I started packaging. I wish I'll be able to do the same with newcomers.
|Line 31:||Line 28:|
|==== Accepted New packages ====||==== New packages ====
I've created various new packages for dapper:
|Line 37:||Line 36:|
| * [http://xfce.org xfce4-dev-tools]
==== In progress (on REVU) ====
* [http://www.nongnu.org/libtranslate/gnome-translate gnome-translate]
| * and Xfce packages:
* thunar plugins
* screenshooter plugin
* pyxfce (NEW in edgy)
|Line 44:||Line 43:|
|I've also worked on [http://netswitch.tuxfamily.org libswitch and gswitch], which are now netswicth and gnetswitch (Packaged by AnthonyMercatante)
I've been involved in the '''Xfce 4.4''' transition, by packaging some goodies for the new panel:
* [https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/xfce4-diskperf-plugin xkb plugin]
* [https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/xfce4-diskperf-plugin diskperf plugin]
* [https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/xfce4-battery-plugin/0.4.0-0ubuntu1 battery plugin]
* [https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/xfce4-cpugraph-plugin/0.3.0-0ubuntu1 cpugraph plugin]
* [https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/xfce4-genmon-plugin/2.0-0ubuntu1 genmon plugin]
* [https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/xfce4-minicmd-plugin/0.4.0-0ubuntu1 minicmd plugin]
* [https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/xfce4-mount-plugin/0.4.5-0ubuntu1 mount plugin]
* [https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/xfce4-netload-plugin/0.4.0-0ubuntu1 netload plugin]
* [https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/xfce4-sensors-plugin/0.9.0-0ubuntu1 sensors plugin]
* [https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/xfce4-systemload-plugin/1:0.4.0-0ubuntu1 systemload plugin]
=== Reviews ===
I've commented some packages on REVU:
* [http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=1125 gaim-libnotify]
* [http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=1642 pam-abl]
* [http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=1624 hiawatha]
* [http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=1622 dekorator]
and a few others.[[BR]]
Helping new packagers with comments on REVU, or on irc is a really important and interesting task :)
Hi wiki user! I am Gauvain Pocentek. I'm an Ubuntu user since the Warty release, and I became a MOTU during the Dapper development cycle.BR I'm an Xfce addict (have you seen the Xubuntu splash screen for Xfce? Just have a look at it, and you'll fall in love with Xubuntu too :p)
My LP account: [https://launchpad.net/people/gauvainpocentek gauvainpocentek].
As an Ubuntu user I try to do my best helping the community, especially in live discussion on some Ubuntu irc channels (#ubuntu-fr, #ubuntu-fr-testing, #xubuntu, #xubuntu-fr).
As an Ubuntu MOTU, I try to keep the Universe in a good shape, but also try to keep close to the community by helping MOTU wannabes. Being a [MOTU/Mentors MOTU Mentor] is really important to me, since I was really happy to be helped by other MOTUS when I started packaging. I wish I'll be able to do the same with newcomers.
I've created various new packages for dapper:
- and Xfce packages:
- thunar plugins
- screenshooter plugin
- pyxfce (NEW in edgy)
Syncs / Merges
I've worked on triaging bugs, reported some and fixed a few.
Some bugs I've reported: [https://launchpad.net/bugs/4450 lilypond], [https://launchpad.net/bugs/5978 denemo], [https://launchpad.net/bugs/5340 xfce4], [https://launchpad.net/bugs/6195 mozilla], [https://launchpad.net/bugs/6303 anjuta], [https://launchpad.net/bugs/6425 OOo 1.1.5], [https://launchpad.net/bugs/28136 gimp]
Some fixed bugs: [https://launchpad.net/bugs/6437 gnome-schedule], [https://launchpad.net/bugs/4673 blobwars], [https://launchpad.net/bugs/6598 ipy], [https://launchpad.net/bugs/30339 libxfcegui4], [https://launchpad.net/bugs/32771 gproftpd], [https://launchpad.net/bugs/6486 python2.4-biopython-martel], [https://launchpad.net/malone/bugs/30437 kxl], [https://launchpad.net/bugs/33311 gkrelldnet]...
I've also worked on the missing deps due to the OCaml transition (thanks sistpoty): 15 packages debugged, but a rebuild was enough for most of them...
I've also worked on GOffice and Gnumeric to get gtk/GNOME multibuild packages. Gnumeric is now available for Xubuntu without the GNOME deps!
Keep helping the best I can! That means:
- helping new packagers
- making Xubuntu rock even more
- translating some u.c wiki pages for the french community
- installing Ubuntu everywhere I can...