Differences between revisions 23 and 24
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
= Official Wiki =
The official wiki for Do is now located at http://gnomedo.com/wiki
= Introduction =
GNOME Do (Do) is an intelligent launcher tool that makes performing common tasks on your computer simple and efficient. Do not only allows you to search for items in your desktop environment (e.g. applications, contacts, bookmarks, files, music), it also allows you to specify actions to perform on search results (e.g. run, open, email, chat, play). Want to send an email to mom? Simply type "email mom." Want to listen to some music? Simply type "play beatles." Do provides instantaneous, action-oriented desktop search results that adapt to reflect your habits and preferences. For example, if you use Firefox web browser often, typing "f" in Do will launch it. Or, if you visit The New York Times webpage often, Do will open it if you simply type "nyt." Unlike other search tools that present search results as flat, homogeneous lists, Do provides familiar graphical depictions of search results that assure you that your intent is being realized correctly; searching for "mom" will show a picture of mom, and searching for "beatles" will show a Beatles album cover. Do has many more powerful and exciting capabilities that must be seen to be appreciated.
* Main website: http://do.davebsd.com/
* Launchpad website: https://launchpad.net/do/
* IRC: #gnome-do on irc.freenode.net
* Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/do/
* Questions: https://answers.launchpad.net/do/
* Mailing List: http://groups.google.com/group/gnome-do
* Video tutorial: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9110909248380195562&hl=en
* Gnome Do manual (early draft): https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GnomeDo/Manual
GNOME Do is inspired by Quicksilver (http://quicksilver.blacktree.com) and GNOME Launch Box (http://developer.imendio.com/projects/gnome-launch-box).