|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
|Line 18:||Line 21:|
|Line 19:||Line 25:|
|Line 23:||Line 32:|
We will try once weekly for the duration of the summer period to
contact the student.
|Line 24:||Line 37:|
If a student reports a mentor as unresponsive, we will ask the Ubuntu
community to select someone to take the mentor's role.
FAQ entry about mentoring organisation application: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2012/faqs#mentoring_apply
The questions below need to be filled out:
- Describe your organization.
- Why is your organization applying to participate in Google Summer of Code 2012? What do you hope to gain by participating?
- Did your organization participate in past Google Summer of Codes? If so, please summarize your involvement and the successes and challenges of your participation.
- If your organization has not previously participated in Google Summer of Code, have you applied in the past? If so, for what year(s)?
- What Open Source Initiative approved license(s) does your project use?
- What is the URL for your Ideas page?
- What is the main development mailing list for your organization?
- What is the main IRC channel for your organization?
- freenode #ubuntu-devel
- Does your organization have an application template you would like to see students use? If so, please provide it now.
- Who will be your backup organization administrator?
- What criteria did you use to select your mentors for this year's program? Please be as specific as possible.
- What is your plan for dealing with disappearing students?
- We will try once weekly for the duration of the summer period to contact the student.
- What is your plan for dealing with disappearing mentors?
- If a student reports a mentor as unresponsive, we will ask the Ubuntu community to select someone to take the mentor's role.
- What steps will you take to encourage students to interact with your project's community before, during and after the program?
- Are you a new organization who has a Googler or other organization to vouch for you? If so, please list their name(s) here.
- Are you an established or larger organization who would like to vouch for a new organization applying this year? If so, please list their name(s) here.
- Improving Harvest
- Implement syslog namespace
Containers share the host's syslog, and so can read, write, and clear them. A syslog namespace should prevent the container from accessing or clearing kernel messages. Userspace-generated messages should go to the container's own syslog. Ideally, a new ns_printk() kernel function should be provided to target certain kernel-generated messages (like iptables messages).
- Improved multiple devpts mounts support
- Implement cgroup fake root