- user: seth
- pwd: Cupertino, CA
- ls | grep skillz: Video Editor / Graphic Artist. Amateur Sound Engineer. *nix.
- ls | grep work: QA Engineer
...and trying to learn C++ & Python & stuff...
So...I just got finished a very long and arduous change of jobs and moving house. And now I'm finally getting back to the stuff thats important to me, most notably being involved with Linux!
I have an ever-rotating collection of computers...currently they include:
BrandX PC tower / 1.5ghz 1 GB RAM 200 GB HD
- Ubuntu 7.10
Powerbook G4 / 1.6ghz 1.5gb RAM 80gb Hard Drive
- Debian 4
Sony Vaio N250N laptop / 1.73 Intel Core Duo Centrino System 1 GB RAM 120 HD Partitioned 2-ways
- Fedora 9 + KDE 4.0
- Slackware 12
- Maemo OS2008 (well, Debian)
- Slackware 12.1
- Mandreeeva 2008.1
and so on...
Stuff I know a little something about
- Forcibly installing Linux on computers, configuring X environments that work, a bit about wrangling wireless cards
- Sound engineering
VirtualBox, Parallels, stuff like that
- Firmware, Intels' EFI shell, boot ROMs, etc.
Stuff I know everything about
- Video editing
- Video compression
- Motion photography
- Graphic design
Stuff I want to learn more about
- Server stuff
- harkonen on irc.freenode.net
Email - must have the word "ubuntu" or "Linux" in the subject line or it will never get to me