|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|= Sarah Hobbs (Hobbsee) =||= Sarah Hobbs (Hobbsee) =|
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
|= Where to in the future? =||=Where to in the future? =
Sarah Hobbs (Hobbsee)
I'm a uni student in Sydney, Australia, doing a Bachelor of Technology in Optoelectronics. Part of my degree involves some programming in C++, so I hope to be able to do a lot more work in the future in regards to programming and patching.
I've been using linux since june 2005, first Ubuntu, and then discovering Kubuntu. Tried Opensuse in the meantime, but it didnt like me, and I didnt like it!
Various contributions to the forum - see http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?find=lastposter&t=115460
- I'm often on irc.freenode.net, helping out in #kubuntu, #kubuntu-offtopic, #ubuntu and participating in #kubuntu-devel, #ubuntu-motu. I have ops in both #kubuntu and #kubuntu-offtopic, and frequently get told that i must live there! :P
- Bug reports, either contributing them myself, or testing for them (including in the recent hug day). Often I go through and confirm whether old bugs still exist (which I havent found a way to search for in launchpad yet!). Also some bugs in bugs.kde.org (cant get the search to find ones i've contributed to, sorry!)
- A few patches, including a recent akregator manpage patch that I helped out with, and a ksudoku patch.
- Various wiki page updates, including:
- Occasional cd testing for the flight candidates
I'm part of the kubuntu team, at https://launchpad.net/people/kubuntu-team
=Where to in the future? =
I hope to:
- contribute more in packaging, particularly in the area of KDE apps.
- Help others learn to package as well.
- Continue to be around to help people in IRC, especially on #kubuntu