Spelling, better wording.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 38:||Line 38:|
|Login as user and there you have working Ubuntu Lite system with IceWM as windows manager installed. You have plenty other useful applications installed.||Login as user and you have a working Ubuntu Lite system with IceWM as window manager installed. You will also have many other useful applications installed.|
At this point I want to thank [http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=31207 Blackpaw] for providing us repositories.
1. First you have to install Ubutnu on your computer. Boot from the normal Ubuntu CD and at the boot: prompt, enter server.
The rest of the install will be similar to a normal install. When it is done, you will have a very basic system: networking, apt and a shell.
2. When the install is done, reboot and log in and edit your sources.list:
$ sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
3. Enable universe by removing the # from :
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu dapper universe
4. Than add following line at the end of sources.list:
deb http://blueeyedcreature.net/ubuntu ./
Save and close
5. Refresh apt's cache (is cache the right term here?) and start the ubuntu-lite-desktop install:
$ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install ubuntu-lite-desktop
And after you are done restart your machine and you will find your self in WDM login manager. Its extension of XDM another login manager.
Login as user and you have a working Ubuntu Lite system with IceWM as window manager installed. You will also have many other useful applications installed.