Differences between revisions 9 and 16 (spanning 7 versions)
← Revision 16 as of 2008-08-06 16:22:09
converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|At this point I want to thank [http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=31207 Blackpaw] for providing us repositories.
1. First you have to install Ubutnu on your computer. Boot from the normal Ubuntu CD and at the boot: prompt, enter ''server''. The rest of the install will be similare to a normal install. When it is done, you will have a very basic system: networking, apt and a shell.
2. When the install is done, log in and edit your sources.list:
sudo vim /etc/apt/sources.list
3. Enable all official repositories (main restricted universe multiverse) by removing '''#''' at the beggining of the line.
4. Than add following line at the end of sources.list:
deb http://blueeyedcreature.net/ubuntu ./
Save and close
5. Refresh apt's cache (is cache the right term here?)
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-lite-desktop
And after you are done restart your machine and you will find your self in WDM login manager. Its extension of XDM another login manager.
Login as user and there you have working Ubuntu Lite system with IceWM as windows manager installed. You have plenty other useful applications installed.
Check for whole list at UbuntuLitePackages or on [http://ubuntulite.org/wiki/index.php/Package_List Our older WIKI]
|#REFRESH 0 http://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallingUbuntuLite|