Differences between revisions 14 and 19 (spanning 5 versions)
← Revision 19 as of 2008-08-06 16:29:27
converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|The IRC ops meeting will be at Jan. 30, 21:00 UTC||The next IRC ops meeting will be at '''Feb 15, 05:00 UTC''' in '''#ubuntu-meeting'''|
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
| * Nominations (and hopefully vote) for the IRC council
* ''Please add yourself as nominee here if you want to join the council''
* I'm willing to undertake this, but will be unable to attend this meeting. -- MelissaDraper (elkbuntu)
* Lorenzo J. Lucchini (LjL)
* Which processes should really be written down?
* Appointing operators
* Dealing with abuse from operators
* Rewording/adding Guidelines to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrcGuidelines seeing as we have new ops coming on and maybe they are not sure exactly what to do or how to do it. the past few months there has been alot of ops not agreeing with ops, and i think it needs to end.
* Ops removing other ops bans.
* Regularity of discussion
* Do we want to have IRC meetings like this scheduled regularly regardless of obvious concerns, or a monthly e-mail asking for feedback, or anything like that?
* Technical issues
* Guidelines (note ''guidelines'', as in "help us know what to do") for dealing with attacks - a.k.a. "when +rR ain't enough". +mz? +J? Smart bots?
| * Result of the IRC council vote
* Discussion of the first draft of the following documents, Seveas will write them
* Scope of the ops team
* Banning/unbanning guidelines
* Emergency actions
* Tasks of the council
* Appeal/Abuse process
* Review of the current ops team
* Cody Somerville - what to do next
* Other business
The next IRC ops meeting will be at Feb 15, 05:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting
Points to discuss:
- Result of the IRC council vote
- Discussion of the first draft of the following documents, Seveas will write them
- Review of the current ops team
- Cody Somerville - what to do next
- Other business