Date - 2005-07-24
Team Contact - MatthewEast
Membership - 88 as of 6th July 2010
Mailing List - ubuntu-it on lists.ubuntu.com
IRC - #ubuntu-it on freenode
identi.ca - ubuntuit
Launchpad page - https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-it
- Discuss with the various team of the Italian community the reinforcement of monthly IRC meeting.
- Software Freedom Day, 18th September 2010 in Perugia: we aim to collaborate with the Italian Debian community to hold sessions together on key community aspects (translation, development,...).
Long term goals:
- Rework the website, wiki, forum, and planet themes to match the new Ubuntu colors and logo.
- Change the website CMS to Drupal.
- Discuss a separation of the wiki contents: a community wiki with Italian community written or translated documentation, a wiki for the various working teams to use. Need to find a place for the HTML version of the official Ubuntu documentation.
Interview for RAI3 Neapolis show (RAI3 is a national TV channel)
YouTube channel with different TV shows where some of our members have appeared
Links to various photo stream of the events:
The Working Teams
The working teams are those groups that maintain certain services for the community. Current activities include: website, forum, mailing list, irc, wiki, translations, and more.
The active groups as of 2010-07-06 are:
Documentation - http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/GruppoDocumentazione
Translation - http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/GruppoTraduzione
Packaging - http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/GruppoSviluppo
Marketing - http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/GruppoPromozione
Testing - http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/GruppoTest
All groups have a dedicated mailing list (the Siena LUG provides us with a small server with a mailman instance that handles the http://liste.ubuntu-it.org domain to provide local mailing lists), or an email address (an alias) to be contacted. We don't have a team that administer all our mailing lists, the administration is left to the members of that particular group based on their needs.
The Italian LoCo Council is responsible for the creation of the dedicated mailing lists.