Ubuntu user since December 2006. I live in Seattle and travel to many developing countries.
My experience with UBUNTU
- Using Open Office for regular documents to share with Microsoft users - only works if I create the first version. This creates problems.
- Installing new memory and an wifi card on a really old Dell - works, but wifi won't automatically re-acquire - painfully slow process, but probably due to really old wifi card. I am pretty sure this old Dell would run MUCH slower on M$FT.
- Ruby on Rails on Ubuntu - still difficult
- Geronimo installation and configuration - stuck
- Eclipse installation and configuration - difficult but doable
- Unhappy with: Zim Desktop Wiki seems to cause system freeze on an irregular basis
- Happy with: Upgrade path from Drapper Drake to Feisty Fawn - successful
- Overall Ubuntu experience - good
I travel to a variety of countries and promote Ubuntu whenever I get the chance in meetings with entrepreneurs and technologists.