|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
| * Researching Edubuntu and some other educational packages for schools disposal.
* Hunting for sponsor to distribute 1000 CD a month
* Getting Ubuntu Desktop Course next to ICDL courses in universities and institutes
- Date - Monday, April 14 2008
Team Contact - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Syntux Jad/Hakam Madi Jad[at] Syntux [dot] net
Membership - 4 active core members - 20 enthusiastic in two universities - 14 registered member at https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-jordan launchpad
- Mailing List - ubuntu-jo [ at ] lists.ubuntu.com
- IRC - #ubuntu-Jo on Freenode
It's worth mentioning that we have decided not to be a social group but a group of qualified people to spread the word about GNU/Linux Ubuntu Distribution in many ways and places.
Our main goal is to spread the word about GNU/Linux Ubuntu Distribution therefore we are conducting FLOSS Lectures, Ubuntu Desktop Course, Installation Workshops/festivals and planning for other activities to build a qualified community such as LPI 101, 102 courses, Packaging jam, Translation How-to.
- Spreading the word
March 13th - FLOSS Introductory lecture http://syntux.net/blog/2008/03/13/ubuntu-jordan-loco-floss-introduction-the-jordanian-way/ link - Jordan University
April 9th - FLOSS introductory lecture http://syntux.net/blog/2008/04/11/ubuntu-jordan-loco-floss-introduction-princess-sumaya-university-of-technology/ link - Princess Sumaya University of Technology
23 March - Installation Festival/Workshop http://syntux.net/blog/2008/03/13/ubuntu-jordan-loco-floss-introduction-the-jordanian-way/ link- Jordan University
April 10th Installation Festival/Workshop http://syntux.net/blog/2008/04/11/ubuntu-jordan-loco-floss-introduction-princess-sumaya-university-of-technology/ link- Princess Sumaya University
- Building qualified community
16th March To 20th March - Ubuntu Desktop Course http://syntux.net/blog/2008/03/06/jordan-loco-ubuntu-desktop-course/ link- Jordan University
LPI 101, 102 courses for the LoCo Team and the LoCo/Universities team
- Getting them into the big community
- Packaging Jam [ Not yet, working on it with Daniel and Cesare]
- Translation How-to session [Not yet]
- Researching Edubuntu and some other educational packages for schools disposal.
- Hunting for sponsor to distribute 1000 CD a month
- Getting Ubuntu Desktop Course next to ICDL courses in universities and institutes
So far we achieved the following
- Ubuntu Desktop Course at Jordan University
It was a good experience although we had to play a bit with the official materials as students weren't satisfied with it so we added three chapters from LPI 101 course to bridge the two courses together [ Linux Installation & Package Management, GNU & Unix Commands and Devices, Linux Filesystems, Filesystem Hierarchy Standard]
- FLOSS Introductory lecture, Jordan University and Princess Sumaya University
We are developing our http://wiki.ubuntu.com/JordanTeam/Documents lecture materials now
- Installation festival ( We will have to do workshops instead of installation festival as many students facing difficulties in getting their computers inside the university) So far we did it twice at Jordan University and Princess Sumaya University