Adding part about 10 monitors
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
|[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BradZuphLuyster Zuph] is in contact with the Oldham County School Board. He has obtained roughly 60 computers meeting our requirements. They will be available mid-April.
He would like volunteers to help move them.
|[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JordanMontgomery Montgoej] has 10 monitors.|
Roadmap: (To do items...in order)
Petition local organizations to donate functional machines. (In progress)
- prefer 500mhz or greater, and intact. Other specs are variable.
Determine central meeting place. (Holding)
- get the computers working, up to certain spec, and install Ubuntu.
Develop our Linux package. (In Discussion)
- consider using Edubuntu, or a derivative, that will run on slow machines.
- it would be preferably to have a Mirror of Wikipedia on the machines (almost 10gb of data)
- try to standardize the package for slipstreaming.
Locate suitable donation candidates and expand the project. (In Discussion)
Topics of discussion:
- Who can get machines? How many and what kind of Specs?
- What should our MINIMUM baseline specs be? Most utilities will run reasonably well on 500mhz.
- What do we want in our Linux Package? Who has the expertise to slipstream this into one install CD?
All of this is in order of priority. I will update this post periodically with important info from the thread.
LEADS ON COMPUTERS
[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JordanMontgomery Montgoej] has 10 monitors.
To make comments on the project, or ask questions, go to the forum at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=351344
[:KentuckyTeam/CharityProject/Members:Charity Project Members]