Differences between revisions 2 and 3
page was renamed from KernelTeam/AddingFreeFirmware
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|## page was renamed from KernelTeam/AddingFreeFirmware|
- clone the firmware tree.
$ git clone git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/linux-firmware.git $ cd linux-firmware
- look for the current release branch
$ git branch -a * master remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master remotes/origin/jaunty remotes/origin/karmic remotes/origin/lucid remotes/origin/master
- check out the branch for the current release (in this case lucid)
$ git checkout lucid
- copy the firmware and license file to the appropriate directories.
- make sure the license is a redistributable license.
- if required run dos2unix on the LICENCE.XXX file to remove any control characters.
git add/commit/push files and submit a pull request to firstname.lastname@example.org.