Outstanding actions from last meeting
Open Action Items: check up on drbd status in dkms package and kernel (apw)
- APW vacation.
Karmic Release Status: Bugs (Release Meeting Bugs / RC Milestoned Bugs / Release Targeted Bugs)
Release Meeting Bugs (5 bugs) - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic
RC Milestoned Bugs Alpha 5 (0 kernel bugs) - https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=12713
Release Targeted Bugs (9 bugs) - https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/linux
Karmic Release Status: Milestoned Features
Milestoned Features - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+milestone/karmic-alpha-5
Karmic Release Status: Blueprints: hwdb workshop (ogasawara)
- There is now a bzr branch of code for removing the HAL dependency from the hwdb and checkbox and using udev instead. This will hopefully be merged before feature freeze (which is in 2 days).
Karmic Release Status: Blueprints: kms (apw)
- APW vaction
Karmic Release Status: Blueprints: new kernel on lts (rtg)
- about to be uploaded, probably later today.
Karmic Release Status: Blueprints: review of non upstreamed code (smb)
- went over the list a few minutes ago. Most things are complete, a few disabled but not yet dropped and one driver (lenovo-sl)
Karmic Release Status: Blueprints: android (coolony)
- no change
Karmic Release Status: Blueprints: suspend resume (manjo)
Working on putting together the USB test kit, target ALF, test KMS & suspend resume.
Karmic Release Status: Other Release Tasks: AppArmour (jjohansen)
- lp #359338 started testing on it friday, have a request pull with about 10 commits that needs to be sent out.
Karmic Release Status: Other Release Tasks: ARM-Freescale (amitk,bjf)
- Jaunty got it's FSL update. All ER8-SP patches applied and available in official Jaunty tree. Currently updating the dove configuration in Karmic. Dove, karmic pacakges are being published.
Karmic General Status (rtg)
- uploaded a -rc7 based kernel, expect final perhaps next week.
Security & bugfix kernels: Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)
- Dapper: 2.6.15-54.79 (security)
- Hardy: 2.6.24-24.59 (security)
- 2.6.24-24.60 (proposed) 0/2 verifications
- Intrepid: 2.6.27-14.39 (security)
- 2.6.27-14.40 (proposed+security/pending)
- Jaunty 2.6.28-15.49 (security)
- 2.6.28-15.50 (proposed/pending)
- Intrepid is just a new upload for the previous proposed. Both Intrepid and
Jaunty are not yet accepted into proposed. Hopefully this happens this week.
Netbook Trees: status (sconklin, apw)
- rtg just rebased the karmic netbook tree, I will test as soon as I can. All distro trees should now have the new debian directory structure in place.
Incoming Bugs: Regressions (ogasawara)
- There were 4 regressions added to the list this week which smb and I reviewed yesterday and are currently investigating.
Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (ogasawara)
For bug 417732 it seem I found the source, Bug day stats can be seen at:http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ogasawara/kernel-bugday/20090818.html. I'd specifically like to point out that *all* 50 bugs in the community section were triaged! Everyone please give a big big thank you to Andres Mujica for his help! I'd also like to note that Andres is helping write a symptom based suspend/resume apport hook to help with bug reporting.
Open Discussion: Anyone have any questions ?
Actions from this meeting
- remove android blueprint from agenda (bjf)`