- Stefan Bader [smb]
- Tim Gardner [rtg]
- Colin King [cking]
Open Action Items: (apw) Check up on drdb status in dkms package and kernel
Karmic Release Status: Bugs
Leann reported bug status via email to the group as she was on holiday.
Blueprints: kernel-karmic-hwdb-workshop (ogasawara)
Leann on holiday. The folowing is from her forwarded status:
See driver stats
- I wrote a hwdb script to search for all known drivers and the total number of owners. In the future this will also show the total number of bugs related to a specific driver as checkbox just recently provided a way to save the hw profile submission id for apport to link to a bug. Note some drivers will have an "*" by their name indicating LP timed out while gathering the data so the stats will be inaccurate for those.
Blueprints: kernel-karmic-kms (apw)
- kms is basically business as usual now for intel, fixes coming down the pipe for radeon but we are still waiting for them.
- rtg asked about GPU lockup issues. Discussion followed and apw will look into it.
Blueprints: kernel-karmic-new-kernel-on-lts (rtg)
- lts kernel - was ready to upload last week but got side tracked by a trip top St Louis.
- pgraner wants to hold off moving it into the archive until more testing is done. He will work a plan with QA.
Blueprints: kernel-karmic-review-of-non-upstreamed-code (smb)
Remaining work to be done:
- lenovo-sl: Partially updated, still has one update pending which needs some more work.
- lmpcm_usb: Has not been enabled for a while (patch to remove it ready). This Logitech gizmo driver sounds like it should be supported by the normal drivers by now but I have not been validating this.
Blueprints: kernel-karmic-suspend-resume (manjo)
A lot of progress was made on the USB testing last week:
- bug reporting on failed results
- no suite selection dialog
- a 'view report' page at the end of the test
- the actual XML report file saved correctly
- Marc is working on supporting HTML tags to descriptions so that we can have RTF for descriptions
- need to work on uploading test results to server, an RT ticket has been filed for this.
Other Release Tasks: AppArmor (jjohansen)
AppArmor closed out bugs affecting security team #419308 #408473 #4084454 #419222 #401931 #419505
- Turned #359338 over to jdstrand which he finished testing and closed
- A new bug: #415632 is occuring and need to follow up with Amazon, after we get some more detailed time with it on Centos 5.0. I have the patches applied, but it is currently failing to link on some missing symbols.
Other Release Tasks: ARM-Freescale (amitk, bjf)
- bjf: I'm in the middle of rebasing mvl-dove to -rc9 and testing, that should be done today (real soon now).
- amitk: I've rebased imx51 to -rc8 and I am currently testing. Next, I will rebase to -rc9. I am also working on bugs 418238 and 420447.
Status: Karmic (rtg, apw)
We have just rebased to 2.6.31-rc9 based kernel. This is expected to be the last -rc, though so was -rc8. We should have a .31 kernel in before beta, likely by late this week.
Status: Security & bugfix kernels
- Dapper: 2.6.15-54.79 (security)
- Hardy: 2.6.24-24.59 (security), 2.6.24-24.60 (proposed) 1/2 verifications, LUM-2.6.24-24.40 (proposed, uploaded today)
- Intrepid: 2.6.27-14.39 (security), 2.6.27-14.41 (proposed) 9/24 verifications
- Jaunty 2.6.28-15.49 (security), 2.6.28-15.52 (proposed, uploaded today) 8/17 verifications, 1 regression caused by #228399 fixed by revert.
As always anyone listening/reading here and having bugs fixed in proposed, please update the bug with test information.
Status: Netbook (sconklin, apw)
Rebasing karmic netbook is in progress. It should be ready tommorrow which finishes this activity. This item is removed from future agendas.
Actions from this meeting
- ACTION: jjohansen to set up a daily time and channel, probably #ubuntu-kernel, to track this issue and make sure the server team is invited.
Outstanding actions from last meeting
- ACTION: apw to check up on drbd status in dkms package and kernel
- RESULT: Continuing.
- Leann on holiday. She sent her report to the list via email.