Outstanding actions from last meeting
- (apw) check up on drbd status in dkms package and kernel
- no progress, carrying forward to next meeting
- (jjohansen) set up daily irc meeting (#ubuntu-kernel) to cover ubuntu on EC2 progress
Blueprints: kernel-karmic-hwdb-workshop (ogasawara)
The ability to link bug reports to a full hw profile is possible so now we're discussing how to link to a specific device.
Blueprints: kernel-karmic-kms (apw)
We are having some instability on intel at the moment which we are hoping we have just fixed. Nothing else interesting going on at the moment.
Blueprints: kernel-karmic-new-kernel-on-lts (rtg)
It's in a PPA pending some testing. a topic for next week at the sprint
Blueprints: kernel-karmic-review-of-non-upstreamed-code (smb)
No change since last week but mainly one remove and maybe an update pending.
Blueprints: kernel-karmic-suspend-resume (manjo)
No change since last week.
Other Release Tasks: AppArmor (jjohansen)
Launchpad bug 429872 in tcpdump "/sbin/apparmor_parser: ... Profile doesn't conform to protocol" [Undecided,Invalid] https://launchpad.net/bugs/429872
Launchpad bug 415632 in linux "apparmor not properly handling file deletion on NFS" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/415632
Launchpad bug 427948 in apparmor "network operations not getting reported on karmic" [Low,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/427948
Other Release Tasks: ARM-Freescale (amitk, bjf)
Nothing significantly new on the Marvell dove front. Am waiting for a live image (and helping as much as I can). Upload for the imx51 kernel was postponed today. Mobile team has live images barely working and 150 new patches might've caused a disturbance in the force.
Other Release Tasks: EC2 Karmic Kernel Status (jjohansen1)
EC2 kernel is looking pretty good. rtg packaged up EC2 kernel topic branch and sent in MIR. Bug 418130 is fixed for alpha 6 (Launchpad bug 418130 in Ubuntu Karmic "Karmic EC2 images don't use a karmic kernel" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/418130). For Bug 427288 - went with patch to glibc instead of kernel patch (Launchpad bug 427288 in eglibc "Karmic i386 EC2 kernel emulating unsupported memory accesses" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/427288). rtg is going to create a meta package for linux-ec2 and rtg has also updated the ec2 kernel configs to more closely match virtual, and I am currently packaging up a test kernel
Status: Karmic (rtg, apw)
Uploaded -10.33 this morning. With the hangs under control, and the fsck thing in I think we are pretty good on the platforms i am testing right now. We need to focus on the regressions still for the forseeable.
Security & bugfix kernels - Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)
- Dapper: 2.6.15-54.79 (security)
- Hardy: 2.6.24-24.60 (updates)
- New proposed upload scheduled for tomorrow
- LUM-2.6.24-24.41 (proposed, uploaded today)
- A small glitch in the makefiles caused a new modules not to be build.
- Intrepid: 2.6.27-14.41 (updates)
- Jaunty 2.6.28-15.49 (security)
- 2.6.28-15.52 (proposed) (10/21 verifications)
Status: Netbook (sconklin, apw)
I released and uploaded kernel, lum, and lbm last friday for the netbook-lpia branch. Dropping from future agenda's.
Actions from this meeting
- ACTION: ogasawara, drop Netbook status from agenda's
- ACTION: ogasawara, cancel 20090922 meeting due to team travel
- ACTION: apw to check up on drbd status in dkms package and kernel
Release Meeting Bugs (8 bugs) - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/Karmic
RC Milestoned Bugs Alpha 6 (8 kernel bugs) - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+bugs?field.milestone=12714
Release Targeted Bugs (12 bugs) - https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/linux
Milestoned Features - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+milestone/karmic-alpha-6
- Incoming Bugs:
- 7 regression-potential bugs. We will review them at the next bugs call.