Outstanding actions from last meeting
- Bugs (Release Meeting Bugs / RC Milestoned Bugs / Release Targeted Bugs)
- Milestoned Features
- 0 blueprints
Blueprints: kernel-lucid-bug-handling (JFo)
No update, all items are still in progress.
Blueprints: kernel-lucid-review-of-ubuntu-delta (apw)
drbd confirmed no longer in use with the server team and dropped from the kernel. Awaiting testing on the Lenovo driver combination which should close the last item here.
Blueprints: kerne-lucid-kernel-config-review (apw)
It seems we require SECCOMP enabled for Lucid, this is there for the distro kernels but under investigation for ARM.
Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kms (sconklin / apw)
Upstream for DRM and upstream for the main drivers of interest, i915 and ATI, are all disavowing 2.6.32 indicating there is no hope of getting this working. As we are already backporting Nouveau from 2.6.33 we are now examining the feasability of a wholesale DRM backport as a better starting point. Testing ongoing, though all new issues are being shown up by this combination.
Blueprints: kernel-lucid-suspend-resume (manjo)
Nothing new to report.
Blueprints: kernel-lucid-apparmor-development (jjohansen)
Finally got another push to LKML out, working through the feedback. This update is now in the archive in lucid, we run whatever has been pushed upstream. This push is cleanups and code transforms requested by upstream.
Blueprints: kernel-lucid-boot-performance (apw, csurbhi)
We remain around the 1.6s to rootfs mark. khubd fixes are now uploaded and looking good.
Other Release Tasks: Lucid Audio Support (bjf)
Nothing new to report.
Other Release Tasks: Lucid Better Power Mgt (amitk)
Nothing new to report.
Other Release Tasks: EC2 Lucid Kernel Status (jjohansen)
I (jjohansen) poked at running a pv-ops kernel again briefly, it looks promising but it needs to be run through all zones, and regions. Quesiont: What do we want to do if the pv-ops kernel is working? It would be nice to dump the xen patchset but it is getting aweful late. I (apw) presume that is much closer to the normal kernel? We could possibly get rid of the -ec2 kerenls but a lot more testing needs to be done to be sure. We might need to FF the change, but if it means we don't need more than a flavour then its worth it I (jjohansen) redid pv-ops with some of the configs that we learned are problematic disabled. We would need a flavour but not a topic branch but a flavour is much less maintenance overhead. We will make this a high priority and get an answer before beta-1. We will get the server team involved as well.
Status: Lucid (apw)
Lucid is at stable v126.96.36.199, the khubd fixes have now hit the archive and boot times are looking better. We have potential issues with the HDA beep being discordant and loud, but this seems to be codec specific and not the nightmare screech issue we have had before, investigation ongoing. We also have graphics issues as discussed above, a decision will have to be taken in the next week as to direction. Progress has been pretty solid the last week, with us nearly hitting the trend-line for a day. The new issues above have pushed us back a little. I have been through the remaining Alpha-3 items and pushed any that are clearly not release critical out to ubuntu-10.04-beta-1, these include the apport changes etc which can easily be done after kerenel freeze. If I have pushed your items out and they are kernel related we do need something soon; be ta-1 is only 3 weeks out.
Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)
- Dapper: 2.6.15-55.82 (security)
- Hardy: 2.6.24-27.65 (security)
- 2.6.24-27.67 (proposed) 0/ 3 verifications done (+0)
- Intrepid: 2.6.27-17.45 (security)
- Jaunty: 2.6.28-18.59 (security)
- Karmic: 2.6.31-19.56 (security)
- 2.6.31-20.57 (proposed) 5/19 verifications done (+0)
- - LBM 2.6.31-20.22 (proposed) 0/ 2 verifications done (+0) - mvl-dove 2.6.31-211.22 (security)
- 2.6.31-211.23 (waiting for acceptance)
- 2.6.31-108.22 (proposed) 0/ 1 verifications done (+0)
- 2.6.31-304.11 (proposed) 0/ 1 verifications done (+0)
The mvl-dove upload is not processed, yet as there were questions about its impact by pitti which have not been answered. The questions are why it is needed and what is the impact. Working on getting a few more changes in Karmic proposed being verified. Likewise fsl-imx51 and ec2 interested parties should report back on the bugs in question.
Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)
Incoming Bugs 160 Lucid Bugs (up 30) Current regression stats (broken down by release):
regression-potential (up 13)
- 51 lucid bugs
regression-update (no change)
- 9 karmic bugs
- 5 jaunty bugs
- 2 intrepid bugs
- 1 hardy bug
regression-release (up 1)
- 55 karmic bugs
- 23 jaunty bugs
- 11 intrepid bugs
- 4 hardy bugs
regression-proposed (no change)
- 1 karmic bug
Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)
Last week's BugDay was a success. Stats are available at: http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/jfo/kernel-bugday/20100216.html The next Kernel BugDay is scheduled for next Tuesday the 2nd of March. The focus will be Bugs with patches attached.