Outstanding actions from last meeting
- JFo to send out regression bug day announcements on monday
- e-mail went out last week for the schedule to all bug lists that normal bug days go to
- JFo to do a wiki page on regression bug days
- In progress, carried forward to next week.
Wiki page for the Bug Day is located here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/KernelBugDay.
- In progress, carried forward to next week.
- Bugs (Release Meeting Bugs / RC Milestoned Bugs / Release Targeted Bugs)
Beta 2 Milestoned Bugs
Release Targeted Bugs
- Milestoned Features
- 0 blueprints
Bugs with Patches Attached:123 (up 4) https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.has_patch=on
- Breakdown by status:
Blueprints: kernel-lucid-bug-handling (JFo)
Only outstanding item for beta 2 still open: [leannogasawara] apport -- sub-system directed reporting [amber]:INPROGRESS all other beta 2 tasks are complete
Blueprints: kerne-lucid-kernel-config-review (apw)
PATA and SATA pull out is done and some debian installer fallout sorted out (thanks smb), and the review of the builtin sub-systems complete.
Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kms (sconklin / apw)
I've just released a test kernel which addresses the flickering problem with some Intel graphics devices. There are five bugs open against this: http://bit.ly/aiKuuL. Otherwise we are continuing to debug issues as they appear.
Blueprints: kernel-lucid-suspend-resume (manjo)
Nothing new to report.
Blueprints: kernel-lucid-apparmor-development (jjohansen)
Looking at Bug #458299, Bug #529288, Bug #544764, Bug #549428, which all seem to be inter-related or even possibly symptoms of the same bug
Launchpad bug 458299 in linux "apparmor_parser: page allocation failure. order:5" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/458299
Launchpad bug 529288 in linux ""Kernel Oops" - unable to handle kernel paging request at ffff880323279bf2 RIP is at aa_dfa_match_len+0xd9/0xf0" [Low,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/529288
Launchpad bug 544764 in apparmor "unkillable apparmor_parser" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/544764
Launchpad bug 549428 in apparmor "Triggers permanent high i/o load after upgrade" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/549428
Blueprints: kernel-lucid-boot-performance (apw, csurbhi)
Looks like the remaining ureadahead work will get postponed to Lucid+1 as the userspace bits are not likely to make Lucid. That likely will close off the blueprint.
Other Release Tasks: Lucid Audio Support (bjf)
Did a bunch of arsenal work, blasted several hundred alsa-driver bugs with automated comments.
Other Release Tasks: Lucid Better Power Mgt (cnd)
Pushed a new set of packages out and a CFT (call for testing). No news since.
Other Release Tasks: EC2 Lucid Kernel Status (jjohansen)
Did lots of testing for Bug #540378, Bug #527208, haven't been able to trip either so we are looking good for EC2.
Launchpad bug 540378 in linux-ec2 "BUG: soft lockup - CPU#1 stuck for 66s! [swapper:0]" [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/540378
Launchpad bug 527208 in linux-ec2 "ec2 instance fails boot, no console output on c1.xlarge" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/527208
Status: Lucid (apw)
Lucid is at stable 22.214.171.124+drm33.1. We are prepping to the Beta-2 freeze on Thursday, and expect to upload kernels for that early Wednesday. Anything we need in should be up for review _today_.
Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb)
- Hardy: 2.6.24-27.68 (security)
- 2.6.24-27.69 (proposed)[ 6] 1/ 3 verifications done (+1)
- Intrepid: 2.6.27-17.46 (security)
- Jaunty: 2.6.28-18.60 (security)
- Karmic: 2.6.31-20.58 (security)
- 2.6.31-21.59 (proposed)[ 6] 2/19 verifications done (+2)
- - LBM 2.6.31-20.22 (security)
- 2.6.31-21.23 (proposed)[ 6] 0/ 2 verifications done
- 2.6.31-213.27 (proposed)[ 6]
- 2.6.31-110.26 (proposed)[ 6] 0/ 1 verifications done
1/ 1 failed! -> #507416
- 2.6.31-110.26 (proposed)[ 6]
- Karmic ec2 and mvl-dove have no open bug reports but were rebased to the version of master in proposed. Asked for quick re-test. Karmic fsl-imx51 needs to set the status right. An update for it has been uploaded today (consisting of previous and new changelog).
Incoming Bugs: Regressions (JFo)
Incoming Bugs 568 Lucid Bugs (up 130) Current regression stats (broken down by release):
regression-potential (up 38)
- 166 lucid bugs
regression-update (up 1)
- 12 karmic bugs
- 5 jaunty bugs
- 2 intrepid bugs
- 1 hardy bug
regression-release (down 1)
- 53 karmic bugs
- 21 jaunty bugs
- 11 intrepid bugs
- 4 hardy bugs
regression-proposed (no change)
- 1 karmic bug
please note the big bump in lucid regressions
Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (JFo)
- Today is another Kernel Team 'regression-' bug day. Thanks for working on these last week. The next Kernel Regression Bug Day will be on Thursday of this week.
Open Discussion or Questions
- Nothing this week