- o/ P/omap4: a new kernel (3.2.0-1407.9) was cut, rebased on top of 3.2.0-17.27, with fixes for usb musb (lp 927860), led heartbeat (lp 905445) and smsc95xx cmdline macaddr option (lp 937051).
Launchpad bug 927860 in linux-ti-omap4 (Ubuntu) "Missing musb-hdrc module required by Pandaboard OTG port" [Medium,Confirmed] M/omap4: to reserve >= 2GB of memory (lp 861296) the memory layout was changed from a 2G/2G to a 3G/1G split - next SRU kernel will contain this fix.
Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs
- Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following link:
Milestone Targeted Work Items
- If your name is in the above table, please review your Beta-1 work items. If they won't be closed by Thursday, please push them out to Beta-2.
4 work items
6 work items
3 work items
1 work item
- Power Management:
- Bluetooth power consumption in suspend
- Background colour with DPMS off
Call for testing: latest RC6 fixes, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/PowerManagementRC6
- Please *re-test* if you haven't already done so. Thanks to Leann Ogasawara for organising this.
Status: Precise Development Kernel
- The archive remains frozen for the upcoming Beta-1 release on Thursday. We received a Beta Freeze exception last week to upload a fix for the RC6 patch we applied. This has received positive testing feedback and it looks promising that we will be able to ship with RC6 enabled by default. We have been queueing patches for the first post Beta-1 upload. This will include a rebase to the latest v3.2.8 upstream stable release. We will need to coordinate our upload with the planned gcc-4.6 upload. Important upcoming dates:
- Thurs Mar 01 - Beta 1 (~2 days)
- Currently we have 74 CVEs on our radar, two new CVEs were added this week. See the CVE matrix for the current list:
http://people.canonical.com/~kernel/cve/pkg/ALL-linux.html Overall the backlog is broadly unchanged this week, we have closed one of the new CVEs and the other is already fixed for a number of releases:
Status: Stable, Security, and Bugfix Kernel Updates - Oneiric/Natty/Maverick/Lucid/Hardy
- Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (Feb. 28):
- Hardy - 2.6.24-31.99 - Ready for copy to -updates
- Lucid - 2.6.32-39.86 - In regression testing
- Maverick - 2.6.35-32.66 - In regression testing
- Natty - 2.6.38-13.56 - In regression testing
- Oneiric - 3.0.0-16.29 - In regression testing
Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized
- Thanks everyone