- P/omap4: since a critical bug (lp963512 - "Latest kernel updates broke video on omap4") was affecting 3.2.0-1410.13, for beta2 the kernel was reverted to a previous working version (3.2.0-1409.12). AFAIK the regression came with latest rebase on master (3.2.1[0-2]) while the TI BSP was unchanged - so it's either a bad interaction between upstream/TI BSP or it's a brand new bug we got from upstream. lp956693 ("Broken perf with Ubuntu-3.2.0-1408.11 at Pandaboard"): one of the patch from Linaro tried to enable perf hw support but it wasn't ready for prime, reverting it gave us perf ba ck in a working shape. lp666267("Cross compiled headers package breaks DKMS compilation"): two patches that address this issue were resurrected from O and ported to P, scripts/* are correctly cross compiled no w.
Release Metrics and Incoming Bugs
- Release metrics and incoming bug data can be reviewed at the following link:
Milestone Targeted Work Items
4 work items
1 work items
3 work items
- Power management:
- hdparm spin up/down measurements
- Going to re-measure unity 2d vs 3d fairly soon.
Status: Precise Development Kernel
- We are currently frozen for the upcoming Beta-2 release this Thurs, Mar
- Only fixes critical for the release will warrent an upload at this time. We just uploaded 3.2.0-23.33 which contains a critical fix for bug 961482. We plan to upload all other queued patches immediately following the release on Thurs. Note that Kernel Freeze is next Thurs Apr 5. I intend to upload our final kernel no later than Tues Apr 3.
Launchpad bug 961482 in linux "3.2.0-19 kernel fails to boot (-18 OK)" [Critical,Fix released] If there are any patches which need to land, submit them immediately. After Kernel Freeze, all patches are subject to our SRU policy: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/StablePatchFormat Important upcoming dates:
- Thurs Mar 29 - Beta-2 (~2 days)
- Thurs Apr 5 - Kernel Freeze (~1 week)
- Currently we have 71 CVEs on our radar, with no new CVEs added this week. See the CVE matrix for the current list:
Broadly the backlog is unchanged this week:
Status: Stable, Security, and Bugfix Kernel Updates - Oneiric/Natty/Maverick/Lucid/Hardy
- Here is the status for the main kernels, until today (Mar. 27):
- Hardy - 2.6.24-31.101 - Being prep'd; Fix for a single warning.
- Lucid - 2.6.32-41.88 - Being prep'd; 52 commits in total.
- Maverick - 2.6.35-32.68 - Being prep'd; 9 commits in total. NOTE: THIS IS THE LAST MAVERICK KERNEL!
- Natty - 2.6.38-14.58 - Being prep'd; 12 commits in total. Mostly eCryptfs and KVM.
- Oneiric - 3.0.0-17.30 - Being prep'd; 4 stable upstream releases (194 commits).
Open Discussion or Questions? Raise your hand to be recognized
- No open discussion.