OneiricDetail

Blueprints

  1. desktop-o-cdspace (pitti)

  2. desktop-o-xorg-stakeholders-request (raof)

  3. desktop-o-xorg-tools-and-processes (bryce)

  4. foundations-o-wubi (ago)

  5. hwe-o-audio-jack-detection (diwic)

  6. hwe-o-fwts-enhancements (colin-king)

  7. hwe-o-improved-s3-s4-debug (colin-king)

  8. other-kernel-o-bug-handling (apw)

  9. other-kernel-o-config-review (leannogasawara)

  10. other-kernel-o-gcc-build-dependency (leannogasawara)

  11. other-kernel-o-misc (leannogasawara)

  12. other-kernel-o-server-requirements (stefan-bader-canonical)

  13. other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review (leannogasawara)

  14. other-kernel-o-version-and-flavours (leannogasawara)

  15. security-o-apparmor-ubuntu (sbeattie)

  16. server-o-lxc-sandboxing (ubuntu-server)

Activity Status

Blueprint/Activity

Overview

Status

desktop-o-cdspace (0/3/3)

How to free more CD space for the extra software which we'll need to add: unity 2D with Qt (10.6 MB at the moment) probably GTK 2 and GTK 3 until the transition is fully done, possibly python 3, bigger mesa drivers due to LLVM requirement, deja-dup. Magnitude of 30 MB. Note that this does not cover the install media itself. This is discussed at https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-o-great-cd-debate

Postponed

desktop-o-xorg-stakeholders-request (1/2/3)

General session to discuss how and when new X.org bits will be integrated in Oneiric. Should we stay with xserver 1.10.x or plan to move to 1.11? With Oneiric+1 being an LTS, it suggests being aggressive at updating to the newest X to maximize testing. On the other hand, if 1.11 brings ABI changes (like 1.10 did) then we risk breaking the proprietary drivers, since they tend to lag their support weeks or months after an X release. Do you have an opinion? Please come. Other topics for oft-requested features: * Range of hardware models to provide development support (declining bug reports for ancient hardware) * Hybrid graphic system stabilization * Post-release updates for proprietary drivers (SRUs vs. Jockey+x-updates) * 3D for -nouveau * Tablet auto-rotate input with screen (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-o-auto-rotate)

Complete

desktop-o-xorg-tools-and-processes (1/1/2)

Technical discussion about procedures and tools for debugging graphics problems related to X, mesa, and kernel drm drivers.  * Forwarding drm bug reports upstream     + Web utility for doing this     + How to better handle when upstream gives a kernel patch for user to test?  * Intel GPU freeze apport hook     + Switch from intel_gpu_dump to i915_error_state     + Detect if hang did not produce valid debug info     + Prompt user if it was a false positive, and if not, if it's a regression     + Prompt user to turn on debugging and reproduce bug, and THEN send a report?     + Freeze database?  * Nouveau/Radeon GPU freeze apport hooks     + For -ati and -nouveau, need a manually-run script to collect debug data     + kernel event for nouveau gpu lockups is needed     + kernel event for radeon gpu lockups is needed * xdiagnose - for setting kernel debug parameters for gfx issues * Handling hardware X can't properly autodetect    + Kernel support for EDID write? (See http://www.spinics.net/lists/dri-devel/msg00802.html)     + Adding custom randr modes / importing windows driver info (gnome?) + See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Dev/DeviceTreeHWDetection  * Kernel support for printing: possible outputs, connected outputs, detected modes, selected mode     + (Possibly may be enough to simply boot drm.debug=0xe?)  * xorg/compiz apport hook     + attach_drm_info() - can this info be added as an attachment instead? * Graphics troubleshooting documentation    + Needs major updating, particularly due to kernel modesetting changes

Complete

foundations-o-wubi (1/0/2)

Topics to cover: How do we get stronger assurance of quality around Wubi (better integration of testing throughout the release cycle)? Wubi migration to a real partition (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiMigration) Mac OSX support (bootcamp for Ubuntu rather than a loop-mounted image)

Todo

hwe-o-audio-jack-detection (3/3/7)

For the next cycle I'd be great if we had better jack detection for audio. What this means to a user would basically be things like:  * plug an (audio capable) hdmi monitor in, and audio is automatically rerouted to go through HDMI  * plug a headphone in, and not only will the speaker mute, but also, the profile will change so that when you then change the volume, it'll affect the headphone's volume rather than the speaker's volume  * in addition, Nvidia's HDMI has four codecs, and this will remove the need to configure which one is the right one manually  * might be even possible to configure things like line-out being muted on headphones plugged in, like some of our users and customers expect, but I'll leave this without promise for the time being. * also without promise would be a solution to bug 771150 - to add a dialog box and/or impedance sense for determining what a jack should be used for, or reconfiguration possibilities...? There are some bits and pieces implemented here and there, but we still need to pull them all together, implement a few missing pieces probably, decide with upstream how this is going to work, etc.

Todo

hwe-o-fwts-enhancements (8/6/15)

The firmware test suite (fwts) is missing some features that were not implemented in the Maverick release and there have been requests for newer features to be added for the 11.10 Oneiric release. These need discussing and selecting the correct priorities and feature set.

In Progress

hwe-o-improved-s3-s4-debug (9/2/11)

Suspend S3 and Hibernate S4 debug is notoriously difficult and the pm-debug via the RTC only goes so far. S3/S4 debugging is tedious and time consuming, so it seems sensible to spend some effort in developing kernel debug that can help with debugging. We should develop more flexible debugging to enable us to get state out of machines when we don't have the luxury of serial console or JTAG.

Complete

other-kernel-o-bug-handling (11/14/25)

The process by which the Kernel Team addresses bugs is ever-evolving. As our goal is to make it more efficient with each cycle, this cycle will focus on 2 key groupings of kernel bugs Development and SRU. As such, we will be outlining and planning the process needed around that as well as the change in responsibilities for the Bug Triager and the SRU team.

Complete

other-kernel-o-config-review (56/2/58)

Review of the kernel configuration for Oneiric. This will concentrate on confirming the policy for various option types, as well as new options. For major new options, discussion and confirmation of the selection of each.

Complete

other-kernel-o-gcc-build-dependency (3/0/3)

Discuss the kernel's dependency on gcc and why it forces a re-upload of the kernel to rebuild with every new rev of gcc. Can we eliminate this dependency?

Complete

other-kernel-o-misc (2/0/3)

Misc tasks which do not warrent their own blueprint.

In Progress

other-kernel-o-server-requirements (4/0/4)

This would be a pool/follow-up session to bring together the kernel and the server team to discuss any new requirements for the kernel arising from server projects, improvements (config options for example, or packaging), flavours, or anything else that needs clarification.

Complete

other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review (25/0/26)

Review of the current Ubuntu Kernel delta. This session will look at the current delta comprised of both patches to the core and the ubuntu specific drivers. The aim is to record what we are carrying, review the reasons for that component(s) to be carried, and recommend replacements, updates, cleanups, upstreaming etc of those components.

In Progress

other-kernel-o-version-and-flavours (6/0/6)

Discussions on the likely mainline kernel version and appropriate kernel flavours for Oneiric.

Complete

security-o-apparmor-ubuntu (0/11/11)

Discuss where to focus Ubuntu-specific AppArmor packaging and integration efforts.

Postponed

server-o-lxc-sandboxing (0/1/1)

Even when user namespaces are fully implemented, there remains the concern that containers share an OS with the host, and may be able to exploit syscall vulnerabilities (in particular) to gain access to and privilege in the host. Historically, relatively new syscalls in particular, have ended up with vulnerabilities which a container would be able to exploit. It would be nice if we could deny a container from using certain system calls, perhaps by a method analogous to seccomp. http://lwn.net/Articles/332438/ described plans for such, and a suggestion to combine seccomp with ftrace instead. http://code.google.com/p/seccompsandbox/ describes what google ended up using for chrome on linux instead. http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/security/capsicum/ describes the approach used on freebsd. http://git.chromium.org/gitweb/?p=kernel-capsicum.git;a=summary is a port to linux. These are very useful for sandboxes in general, but not ideal for this lxc concern. This blueprint, then, is for following, helping and testing, or initiating the seccomp+ftrace approach.

Postponed

Activity Task Status

Blueprint/Activity

Task

Assignee

Milestone

Status

desktop-o-cdspace (0/3/3)

As System.map is unreadable anyway, move it into the -dbgsym package (0.5 MB)

apw

ubuntu-11.10-beta-1

Postponed

Split out (some?) staging drivers into separate package which we don't install by default, using dh-modalises (several MB)

apw

ubuntu-11.10-beta-1

Postponed

Split out gfs2 and ocfs2 (and perhaps others) into separate -networkfs binary package (0.75 MB)

apw

ubuntu-11.10-beta-1

Postponed

desktop-o-xorg-stakeholders-request (1/2/3)

Check which input/video drivers could be dropped from the archive, for either being obsolete or unmaintained

tjaalton

ubuntu-11.10-beta-1

Complete

Make the intel kernel module always print: possible outputs, connected outputs, detected modes, selected mode

apw

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

Understand which kernels are needed for -staging ppa

apw

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

desktop-o-xorg-tools-and-processes (1/1/2)

Investigate changing the mainline kernel shortlog generation to be from release tag to current rather than from tag to tag

apw

ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Complete

Update kernels in xorg-edgers for better bug triaging

sarvatt

ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Postponed

foundations-o-wubi (1/0/2)

Investigate HFS+ journalled write support (either full, or an interim position ignoring journal)

apw

Todo

test kexec is functional for i386/amd64

apw

Complete

hwe-o-audio-jack-detection (3/3/7)

LP: 771150 : [Feature] support the external headphone/microphone jack sensing (alsa-driver)

diwic

ubuntu-11.10

Todo

Update pavucontrol in archive

cjcurran

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

collect complete requirements; talk to coling

diwic

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

implement libnotify notifications for hotplug routing changes (see NOTE 1)

cjcurran

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

Approach design team about establishing a default behaviour for headphone/mic hotplugging: "keep current routing" vs "change to new device"

cjcurran

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

investigate UI changes (GNOME sound prefs, HW tab) to control default behaviour

diwic

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

look at UI changes required for sound preferences (instead of pavucontrol) to allow routing reconfiguration

cjcurran

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

hwe-o-fwts-enhancements (8/6/15)

get more community buy-in: ACPI mailing list, conferences

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

In Progress

FWTS bootable image - revisit minimal USB boot image (new cd images should be ddable to stick)

vanhoof

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

UEFI boot services testing: can we build UEFI fwts image

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

UEFI boot services testing: find out required services required for grub to boot kernel

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

add unique test ID to each failure test message to ease test result analysis

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

check each test against oneiric, adjust any tests accordingly

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

compare FWTS & other existing test (QA), look for potential merges (battery tests - spineau)

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

ensure folks know about project/team and mailing list; send questions on reports to the list for review -- team: https://launchpad.net/~firmware-testing-team

vanhoof

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

wiki for error explanations - possible URL in test output to wiki explanations

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

(or awe) establish a plan for a pilot program for increasing usage with O{E,D}Ms, with the goal of getting feedback. BIOS vendors too? hughhalf & pmcgowan to provide managerial support

vanhoof

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

UEFI boot services testing: write service tests

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

UEFI run time services testing: can it be done, if so, write tests

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

look at feasibility of hooking FWTS into apport collector

cgregan

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

review cking's upload rights, to move stable PPA to universe, if this makes sense to do

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

talk to Ara about including in the Ubuntu Friendly program

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

hwe-o-improved-s3-s4-debug (9/2/11)

Investigate ACPI + pstore for debug status saving

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

S3 early resume keyboard LED sanity check

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

investigate LED reading hardware

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

investigate how to add *lots* of instrumentation into S3/S4 debug kernel

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

prototype LED console output driver

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

review of percentage of laptop/netbook machines which have keyboard LEDs (~55%)

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

review of percentage of machines which have pcspkr (~15-20%)

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

suspend GPIO LED debug investigation, can we use these LEDs for debug (no)

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

write tool to examine instrumented kernel and give S3/S4 analysis

colin-king

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

investigate video DDC pin

sconklin

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

prototype sound output driver for inclusion in kernel in general

kamalmostafa

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

other-kernel-o-bug-handling (11/14/25)

Develop/define process to address SRU release bugs.

brad-figg

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

Review bugs every milestone for Ubuntu/ drivers we disabled in the release, and notify KRM of any reports

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

Review bugs every milestone for Ubuntu/ drivers we disabled in the release, and notify KRM of any reports

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

Review bugs every milestone for Ubuntu/ drivers we disabled in the release, and notify KRM of any reports

leannogasawara

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

Review bugs every milestone for Ubuntu/ drivers we disabled in the release, and notify KRM of any reports

leannogasawara

ubuntu-11.10-beta-1

Complete

Review bugs every milestone for Ubuntu/ drivers we disabled in the release, and notify KRM of any reports

leannogasawara

ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Complete

identify which scripts we no longer run which we should port forward (with the aim of 0 New bugs)

canonical-kernel-team

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

migrate updated scripts to the kteam-tools git branch

canonical-kernel-team

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

modify apport so that apport-kerneloops bug reports get autotagged using the subsystem

brian-murray

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

structure tag page for DX, link to main tag page (using include on top level page)

dbarth

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

tag existing apport-kerneloops reports based off the subsystem (network, graphics) following Kernel/Tagging (bdmurray is happy to help)

brian-murray

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

Generate specific hotlist for devel bugs focus

canonical-kernel-team

oneiric-alpha-3

Postponed

Improve documentation for installing a test kernel, mainline kernel, -proposed, -pre-proposed

jeremyfoshee

ubuntu-11.10-beta-1

Postponed

Investigate feasibility of a further triage summit/open week session (DX team has voiced +1 for this, see dbarth)

jeremyfoshee

oneiric-alpha-2

Postponed

define/develop process to deal with confirmed and triaged state bugs

jeremyfoshee

oneiric-alpha-3

Postponed

drive new state bugs to 0 and maintain 0 new status bugs daily

jeremyfoshee

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

prevent mainline kernels becoming the default default kernel EVER Smile :)

apw

ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Postponed

prototype a script which will simplify installation and removal of kernels: proposed, mainline kernels, and specific test kernels

apw

ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Postponed

refine/develop process for addressing regression bugs

jeremyfoshee

oneiric-alpha-2

Postponed

refine/update tools to batch process bugs in all open states.

canonical-kernel-team

oneiric-alpha-3

Postponed

refresh triaging wiki pages based on new process

jeremyfoshee

oneiric-alpha-2

Postponed

to ensure the janitorial scripts are running on an on going basis

jeremyfoshee

ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Postponed

update linux bug reported acknowledgement to recommend that people tags their bugs using tags from Kernel/Tagging

jeremyfoshee

oneiric-alpha-3

Postponed

update the Tips and Tricks section in the community help page.

jeremyfoshee

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

work with SRU team and KRM to develop/define process for addressing development kernel bugs.

jeremyfoshee

oneiric-alpha-1

Postponed

other-kernel-o-config-review (56/2/58)

LP: 698009 : Request to enable vmwgfx driver in kernel config (linux)

apw

ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Complete

Add check to the script to determine if we are inconsistent to policy for all configs

apw

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

Add config items which could be M which are not detection to tooling and table to the report

apw

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

Add policy checking for NETFILTER and SENSORS to the script

apw

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

CONFIGNFIG_INPUT_APANEL enable as module?

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

CONFIG_ATM - why 'n' for armel-versatile (likely disabled due to build failure)

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

CONFIG_BRCMFMAC why 'y' only on arm

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

CONFIG_COMPAT_BRK why is this disabled? should we enable? (enforced to n)

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

CONFIG_FSCACHE should we enable? (it is enabled as a module)

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

CONFIG_FT1000 check with themuso why this would be n for power

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

CONFIG_INPUT_TOUCHSCREEN disabled on purpose for arm as it causes build failure - check if this is still the case

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

CONFIG_IPV6_MIP6 why is this disabled? should we enable? (depends on EXPERIMENTAL)

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

CONFIG_IRDA - why 'n' for armel-versatile (likely disabled due to build failure)

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

CONFIG_L2TP* why do we not enable? (this is enabled as a module)

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

CONFIG_LLC - likely deliberately inconsistent, but should make consistent amongst arm flavours

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

CONFIG_MDIO_BITBANG, investigate discrepancy

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

CONFIG_RTL8192*, talk to OEM what we need

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC_DEBUG_FS investigate why this enabled

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

CONFIG_VIDEO_OUTPUT_CONTROL investigate discrepancy

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

Final kernel content and configuration report to ubuntu-devel

leannogasawara

ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Complete

In the config review scripts, add 'staging' in the comments column if it's a staging driver

apw

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

In the scripts, we need a way to note why we violate policy on purpose so we don't have to always re-review the same configs each cycle

apw

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

Revisit Revert "x86 idle: EXPORT_SYMBOL(default_idle, pm_idle) only when APM demands it"

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily Disable CONFIG_BRCMSMAC on arm

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily Disable CONFIG_GPIO_EXYNOS4 on arm

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily Disable CONFIG_GPIO_PLAT_SAMSUNG on arm

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily Disable CONFIG_GPIO_S5PC100 on arm

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily Disable CONFIG_GPIO_S5PV210 on arm

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily Disable CONFIG_RTL8192SE on arm

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily Disable CONFIG_RTL8192SE on powerpc

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily disable CONFIG_BRCMSMAC on powerpc

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily disable CONFIG_SMC91X on armel-omap

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

investigate CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG, particularly for the server

jjohansen

ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Complete

investigate CONFIG_SLUB and why do we have it enabled

jjohansen

ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Complete

look at why ATA_NONSTSTANDARD is only enabled for powerpc64

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

per non-modular module review, Enable CONFIG_BLK_DEV_CMD64X=m on powerpc

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, Enable CONFIG_CAN_TI_HECC=m on arm

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, Enable CONFIG_CRYPTO_CCM=m on powerpc

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, Enable CONFIG_CRYPTO_DEV_HIFN_795X=m on powerpc

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, Enable CONFIG_CRYPTO_GCM=m on powerpc

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, Enable CONFIG_DL2K=m on amd64 and i386

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, Enable CONFIG_DM9000=m on arm

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, Set CONFIG_CDROM_PKTCDVD=m on amd64 and i386

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, Set CONFIG_DISPLAY_SUPPORT=m on arm

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, Set CRYPTO_LZO=m on powerpc64-smp

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, disable CONFIG_ATM_DUMMY on arm

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, enable CONFIG_ALIM7101_WDT=m on powerpc

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, enable CONFIG_ASUS_OLED=m on powerpc

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, enable CONFIG_BLK_DEV_DRBD=m on powerpc

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, set CONFIG_ACPI_PCI_SLOT=m

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, set CONFIG_ACPI_SBS=m

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, set CONFIG_ACPI_WMI=m

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, set CONFIG_AD7150=m

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

per non-modular module review, set CONFIG_AD7152=m

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

schedule a follow on session after UDS to continue review

jjohansen

oneiric-alpha-1

Complete

talk to OEM to see if we should build in any more *ATA drivers

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

Review non-modular modular table

leannogasawara

ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Postponed

look into generating a trimmed down config for debug purposes (maybe discuss at the platform sprint)

p-pisati

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

other-kernel-o-gcc-build-dependency (3/0/3)

Check compiler used in all builds in getabis and warn if not consistent

apw

ubuntu-11.10-beta-1

Complete

Schedule all teams meeting at Rally to discuss the release+1 compiler decision as UDS is too late

kate.stewart

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

Update weekly agenda to have a spot for doko to summarize upcoming changes to compiler

kate.stewart

oneiric-alpha-1

Complete

other-kernel-o-misc (2/0/3)

Power Consumption: Look at pmutils power.d scripts and compare to powertop recommendations

apw

In Progress

Boot Speed: review kernel early boot charts and boot charts

apw

Complete

Flicker Free Boot: review kernel components of FFB are functioning

apw

Complete

other-kernel-o-server-requirements (4/0/4)

Integrate the seccomp mode 2 patches into Oneiric

jjohansen

ubuntu-11.10-beta-1

Complete

Investigate improving virtual kernel inclusion list (maybe move to hybrid with using both inclusion and exclusion) (since other modules will now be put into an extra package, this is not needed)

stefan-bader-canonical

ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Complete

backport xen blkback for Xen Dom0

stefan-bader-canonical

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

verify and test Xen Dom0 configuration

stefan-bader-canonical

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review (25/0/26)

apw upstream upstreamable patches

apw

ubuntu-11.10

In Progress

add alpha1 work items for individual developers with patches to review

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-1

Complete

apw review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

apw

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

aufs2: document update process

apw

oneiric-alpha-1

Complete

aufs2: update, re-enable, and test

apw

oneiric-alpha-1

Complete

bjf review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

brad-figg

oneiric-alpha-1

Complete

dm-raid-45 update, re-enable, and test

stefan-bader-canonical

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

fix up iscsitarget build failure; ask server team what they need it for and if they can test it. ping server team mailing list.(https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server)

stefan-bader-canonical

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

follow up with OEM about rtl8192se and why we need to carry this and why is this not upstream in staging

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

investigate compressed swap (ramzswap and zram)

apw

ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Complete

investigate fujitsu system in HEXR, are we able to test and confirm if we really need the fsam7400 delta? (we don't have this system in the lab)

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

jj review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

jjohansen

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

just drop the easycap FTBS sauce patch

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

kees review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

kees

oneiric-alpha-1

Complete

lag review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

p-pisati

ubuntu-11.10-beta-1

Complete

manjo review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

manjo

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

mark tgardner's and bjf's set of patches "SAUCE: (no-up)" upon next rebase, also drop manjo's 2 patches

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

mpoirier review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

mathieu.poirier

oneiric-alpha-1

Complete

omnibook, rfkill, fsam7400 - disable in O. If no one screams we'll completely yank the code in P

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

ping henrik rydberg about his patches

leannogasawara

oneiric-alpha-1

Complete

revert old Yama and merge new Yama patches with UBUNTU: ubuntu: $name, send pull request

kees

oneiric-alpha-1

Complete

revert old nx-emu and merge new nx-emu patches with UBUNTU: ubuntu: $name, send pull request

kees

oneiric-alpha-1

Complete

review overlayfs

apw

oneiric-alpha-2

Complete

rsalveti review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

p-pisati

ubuntu-11.10

Complete

tgardner review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

timg-tpi

oneiric-alpha-3

Complete

timo to review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

apw

ubuntu-11.10-beta-1

Complete

other-kernel-o-version-and-flavours (6/0/6)

Create initial LTS backport of Oneiric for Lucid

apw

ubuntu-11.10-beta-1

Complete

Decide if we need to support a Xen flavour

leannogasawara

ubuntu-11.10-beta-1

Complete

Investigate pulling 'excluded' modules for -virtual into a new binary package/udebs

apw

ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Complete

MIR for Natty Backports Kernel into Lucid (not required)

apw

oneiric-alpha-1

Complete

publicise final kernel version after we hit kernel freeze

leannogasawara

ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Complete

review patches and config for Amazons EC2 kernels

stefan-bader-canonical

ubuntu-11.10-beta-1

Complete

security-o-apparmor-ubuntu (0/11/11)

base extended capability support as part of v3 format change

jjohansen

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

base extended permission support

jjohansen

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

dfa improvements, kernel vars

jjohansen

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

dfa improvements, parser memory usage (patch pending)

jjohansen

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

dfa improvements, reordering of the structure

jjohansen

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

extend network mediation beyond socket level, stage 1 (kernel)

jjohansen

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

fix missed transitions in handleChildren()

jjohansen

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

matcher in userspace to support regression tests, unit tests, etc

jjohansen

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

profile rcu patch

jjohansen

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

v3 tagging - kernel support

jjohansen

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

v3 tagging - parser support

jjohansen

ubuntu-11.10

Postponed

server-o-lxc-sandboxing (0/1/1)

Get seccomp2 into ubuntu kernel or ppa for testing

jjohansen

ubuntu-11.10-beta-1

Postponed

Total (130/45/180) 97%

Milestone oneiric-alpha-1

Blueprint/Activity

Task

Assignee

Status

other-kernel-o-bug-handling (0/1/1)

work with SRU team and KRM to develop/define process for addressing development kernel bugs.

jeremyfoshee

Postponed

other-kernel-o-config-review (1/0/1)

schedule a follow on session after UDS to continue review

jjohansen

Complete

other-kernel-o-gcc-build-dependency (1/0/1)

Update weekly agenda to have a spot for doko to summarize upcoming changes to compiler

kate.stewart

Complete

other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review (9/0/9)

add alpha1 work items for individual developers with patches to review

leannogasawara

Complete

aufs2: document update process

apw

Complete

aufs2: update, re-enable, and test

apw

Complete

bjf review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

brad-figg

Complete

kees review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

kees

Complete

mpoirier review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

mathieu.poirier

Complete

ping henrik rydberg about his patches

leannogasawara

Complete

revert old Yama and merge new Yama patches with UBUNTU: ubuntu: $name, send pull request

kees

Complete

revert old nx-emu and merge new nx-emu patches with UBUNTU: ubuntu: $name, send pull request

kees

Complete

other-kernel-o-version-and-flavours (1/0/1)

MIR for Natty Backports Kernel into Lucid (not required)

apw

Complete

Total (12/1/13) 100%

Milestone oneiric-alpha-2

Blueprint/Activity

Task

Assignee

Status

other-kernel-o-bug-handling (2/3/5)

Develop/define process to address SRU release bugs.

brad-figg

Complete

Review bugs every milestone for Ubuntu/ drivers we disabled in the release, and notify KRM of any reports

leannogasawara

Complete

Investigate feasibility of a further triage summit/open week session (DX team has voiced +1 for this, see dbarth)

jeremyfoshee

Postponed

refine/develop process for addressing regression bugs

jeremyfoshee

Postponed

refresh triaging wiki pages based on new process

jeremyfoshee

Postponed

other-kernel-o-config-review (17/0/17)

CONFIGNFIG_INPUT_APANEL enable as module?

leannogasawara

Complete

CONFIG_ATM - why 'n' for armel-versatile (likely disabled due to build failure)

leannogasawara

Complete

CONFIG_BRCMFMAC why 'y' only on arm

leannogasawara

Complete

CONFIG_COMPAT_BRK why is this disabled? should we enable? (enforced to n)

leannogasawara

Complete

CONFIG_FSCACHE should we enable? (it is enabled as a module)

leannogasawara

Complete

CONFIG_FT1000 check with themuso why this would be n for power

leannogasawara

Complete

CONFIG_INPUT_TOUCHSCREEN disabled on purpose for arm as it causes build failure - check if this is still the case

leannogasawara

Complete

CONFIG_IPV6_MIP6 why is this disabled? should we enable? (depends on EXPERIMENTAL)

leannogasawara

Complete

CONFIG_IRDA - why 'n' for armel-versatile (likely disabled due to build failure)

leannogasawara

Complete

CONFIG_L2TP* why do we not enable? (this is enabled as a module)

leannogasawara

Complete

CONFIG_LLC - likely deliberately inconsistent, but should make consistent amongst arm flavours

leannogasawara

Complete

CONFIG_MDIO_BITBANG, investigate discrepancy

leannogasawara

Complete

CONFIG_RTL8192*, talk to OEM what we need

leannogasawara

Complete

CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC_DEBUG_FS investigate why this enabled

leannogasawara

Complete

CONFIG_VIDEO_OUTPUT_CONTROL investigate discrepancy

leannogasawara

Complete

look at why ATA_NONSTSTANDARD is only enabled for powerpc64

leannogasawara

Complete

talk to OEM to see if we should build in any more *ATA drivers

leannogasawara

Complete

other-kernel-o-gcc-build-dependency (1/0/1)

Schedule all teams meeting at Rally to discuss the release+1 compiler decision as UDS is too late

kate.stewart

Complete

other-kernel-o-server-requirements (2/0/2)

backport xen blkback for Xen Dom0

stefan-bader-canonical

Complete

verify and test Xen Dom0 configuration

stefan-bader-canonical

Complete

other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review (8/0/8)

dm-raid-45 update, re-enable, and test

stefan-bader-canonical

Complete

fix up iscsitarget build failure; ask server team what they need it for and if they can test it. ping server team mailing list.(https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server)

stefan-bader-canonical

Complete

follow up with OEM about rtl8192se and why we need to carry this and why is this not upstream in staging

leannogasawara

Complete

investigate fujitsu system in HEXR, are we able to test and confirm if we really need the fsam7400 delta? (we don't have this system in the lab)

leannogasawara

Complete

jj review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

jjohansen

Complete

just drop the easycap FTBS sauce patch

leannogasawara

Complete

omnibook, rfkill, fsam7400 - disable in O. If no one screams we'll completely yank the code in P

leannogasawara

Complete

review overlayfs

apw

Complete

Total (30/3/33) 100%

Milestone oneiric-alpha-3

Blueprint/Activity

Task

Assignee

Status

other-kernel-o-bug-handling (5/4/9)

Review bugs every milestone for Ubuntu/ drivers we disabled in the release, and notify KRM of any reports

leannogasawara

Complete

identify which scripts we no longer run which we should port forward (with the aim of 0 New bugs)

canonical-kernel-team

Complete

migrate updated scripts to the kteam-tools git branch

canonical-kernel-team

Complete

modify apport so that apport-kerneloops bug reports get autotagged using the subsystem

brian-murray

Complete

tag existing apport-kerneloops reports based off the subsystem (network, graphics) following Kernel/Tagging (bdmurray is happy to help)

brian-murray

Complete

Generate specific hotlist for devel bugs focus

canonical-kernel-team

Postponed

define/develop process to deal with confirmed and triaged state bugs

jeremyfoshee

Postponed

refine/update tools to batch process bugs in all open states.

canonical-kernel-team

Postponed

update linux bug reported acknowledgement to recommend that people tags their bugs using tags from Kernel/Tagging

jeremyfoshee

Postponed

other-kernel-o-config-review (30/0/30)

Add config items which could be M which are not detection to tooling and table to the report

apw

Complete

Revisit Revert "x86 idle: EXPORT_SYMBOL(default_idle, pm_idle) only when APM demands it"

leannogasawara

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily Disable CONFIG_BRCMSMAC on arm

leannogasawara

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily Disable CONFIG_GPIO_EXYNOS4 on arm

leannogasawara

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily Disable CONFIG_GPIO_PLAT_SAMSUNG on arm

leannogasawara

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily Disable CONFIG_GPIO_S5PC100 on arm

leannogasawara

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily Disable CONFIG_GPIO_S5PV210 on arm

leannogasawara

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily Disable CONFIG_RTL8192SE on arm

leannogasawara

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily Disable CONFIG_RTL8192SE on powerpc

leannogasawara

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily disable CONFIG_BRCMSMAC on powerpc

leannogasawara

Complete

Revisit UBUNTU: [Config] Temporarily disable CONFIG_SMC91X on armel-omap

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, Enable CONFIG_BLK_DEV_CMD64X=m on powerpc

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, Enable CONFIG_CAN_TI_HECC=m on arm

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, Enable CONFIG_CRYPTO_CCM=m on powerpc

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, Enable CONFIG_CRYPTO_DEV_HIFN_795X=m on powerpc

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, Enable CONFIG_CRYPTO_GCM=m on powerpc

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, Enable CONFIG_DL2K=m on amd64 and i386

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, Enable CONFIG_DM9000=m on arm

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, Set CONFIG_CDROM_PKTCDVD=m on amd64 and i386

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, Set CONFIG_DISPLAY_SUPPORT=m on arm

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, Set CRYPTO_LZO=m on powerpc64-smp

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, disable CONFIG_ATM_DUMMY on arm

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, enable CONFIG_ALIM7101_WDT=m on powerpc

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, enable CONFIG_ASUS_OLED=m on powerpc

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, enable CONFIG_BLK_DEV_DRBD=m on powerpc

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, set CONFIG_ACPI_PCI_SLOT=m

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, set CONFIG_ACPI_SBS=m

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, set CONFIG_ACPI_WMI=m

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, set CONFIG_AD7150=m

leannogasawara

Complete

per non-modular module review, set CONFIG_AD7152=m

leannogasawara

Complete

other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review (4/0/4)

apw review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

apw

Complete

manjo review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

manjo

Complete

mark tgardner's and bjf's set of patches "SAUCE: (no-up)" upon next rebase, also drop manjo's 2 patches

leannogasawara

Complete

tgardner review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

timg-tpi

Complete

Total (39/4/43) 100%

Milestone ubuntu-11.10-beta-1

Blueprint/Activity

Task

Assignee

Status

desktop-o-cdspace (0/3/3)

As System.map is unreadable anyway, move it into the -dbgsym package (0.5 MB)

apw

Postponed

Split out (some?) staging drivers into separate package which we don't install by default, using dh-modalises (several MB)

apw

Postponed

Split out gfs2 and ocfs2 (and perhaps others) into separate -networkfs binary package (0.75 MB)

apw

Postponed

desktop-o-xorg-stakeholders-request (1/0/1)

Check which input/video drivers could be dropped from the archive, for either being obsolete or unmaintained

tjaalton

Complete

other-kernel-o-bug-handling (1/1/2)

Review bugs every milestone for Ubuntu/ drivers we disabled in the release, and notify KRM of any reports

leannogasawara

Complete

Improve documentation for installing a test kernel, mainline kernel, -proposed, -pre-proposed

jeremyfoshee

Postponed

other-kernel-o-gcc-build-dependency (1/0/1)

Check compiler used in all builds in getabis and warn if not consistent

apw

Complete

other-kernel-o-server-requirements (1/0/1)

Integrate the seccomp mode 2 patches into Oneiric

jjohansen

Complete

other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review (2/0/2)

lag review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

p-pisati

Complete

timo to review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

apw

Complete

other-kernel-o-version-and-flavours (3/0/3)

Create initial LTS backport of Oneiric for Lucid

apw

Complete

Decide if we need to support a Xen flavour

leannogasawara

Complete

review patches and config for Amazons EC2 kernels

stefan-bader-canonical

Complete

server-o-lxc-sandboxing (0/1/1)

Get seccomp2 into ubuntu kernel or ppa for testing

jjohansen

Postponed

Total (9/5/14) 100%

Milestone ubuntu-11.10-beta-2

Blueprint/Activity

Task

Assignee

Status

desktop-o-xorg-tools-and-processes (1/1/2)

Investigate changing the mainline kernel shortlog generation to be from release tag to current rather than from tag to tag

apw

Complete

Update kernels in xorg-edgers for better bug triaging

sarvatt

Postponed

other-kernel-o-bug-handling (1/3/4)

Review bugs every milestone for Ubuntu/ drivers we disabled in the release, and notify KRM of any reports

leannogasawara

Complete

prevent mainline kernels becoming the default default kernel EVER Smile :)

apw

Postponed

prototype a script which will simplify installation and removal of kernels: proposed, mainline kernels, and specific test kernels

apw

Postponed

to ensure the janitorial scripts are running on an on going basis

jeremyfoshee

Postponed

other-kernel-o-config-review (4/1/5)

LP: 698009 : Request to enable vmwgfx driver in kernel config (linux)

apw

Complete

Final kernel content and configuration report to ubuntu-devel

leannogasawara

Complete

investigate CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG, particularly for the server

jjohansen

Complete

investigate CONFIG_SLUB and why do we have it enabled

jjohansen

Complete

Review non-modular modular table

leannogasawara

Postponed

other-kernel-o-server-requirements (1/0/1)

Investigate improving virtual kernel inclusion list (maybe move to hybrid with using both inclusion and exclusion) (since other modules will now be put into an extra package, this is not needed)

stefan-bader-canonical

Complete

other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review (1/0/1)

investigate compressed swap (ramzswap and zram)

apw

Complete

other-kernel-o-version-and-flavours (2/0/2)

Investigate pulling 'excluded' modules for -virtual into a new binary package/udebs

apw

Complete

publicise final kernel version after we hit kernel freeze

leannogasawara

Complete

Total (10/5/15) 100%

Milestone ubuntu-11.10

Blueprint/Activity

Task

Assignee

Status

desktop-o-xorg-stakeholders-request (0/2/2)

Make the intel kernel module always print: possible outputs, connected outputs, detected modes, selected mode

apw

Postponed

Understand which kernels are needed for -staging ppa

apw

Postponed

hwe-o-audio-jack-detection (3/3/7)

LP: 771150 : [Feature] support the external headphone/microphone jack sensing (alsa-driver)

diwic

Todo

Update pavucontrol in archive

cjcurran

Complete

collect complete requirements; talk to coling

diwic

Complete

implement libnotify notifications for hotplug routing changes (see NOTE 1)

cjcurran

Complete

Approach design team about establishing a default behaviour for headphone/mic hotplugging: "keep current routing" vs "change to new device"

cjcurran

Postponed

investigate UI changes (GNOME sound prefs, HW tab) to control default behaviour

diwic

Postponed

look at UI changes required for sound preferences (instead of pavucontrol) to allow routing reconfiguration

cjcurran

Postponed

hwe-o-fwts-enhancements (8/6/15)

get more community buy-in: ACPI mailing list, conferences

colin-king

In Progress

FWTS bootable image - revisit minimal USB boot image (new cd images should be ddable to stick)

vanhoof

Complete

UEFI boot services testing: can we build UEFI fwts image

colin-king

Complete

UEFI boot services testing: find out required services required for grub to boot kernel

colin-king

Complete

add unique test ID to each failure test message to ease test result analysis

colin-king

Complete

check each test against oneiric, adjust any tests accordingly

colin-king

Complete

compare FWTS & other existing test (QA), look for potential merges (battery tests - spineau)

colin-king

Complete

ensure folks know about project/team and mailing list; send questions on reports to the list for review -- team: https://launchpad.net/~firmware-testing-team

vanhoof

Complete

wiki for error explanations - possible URL in test output to wiki explanations

colin-king

Complete

(or awe) establish a plan for a pilot program for increasing usage with O{E,D}Ms, with the goal of getting feedback. BIOS vendors too? hughhalf & pmcgowan to provide managerial support

vanhoof

Postponed

UEFI boot services testing: write service tests

colin-king

Postponed

UEFI run time services testing: can it be done, if so, write tests

colin-king

Postponed

look at feasibility of hooking FWTS into apport collector

cgregan

Postponed

review cking's upload rights, to move stable PPA to universe, if this makes sense to do

colin-king

Postponed

talk to Ara about including in the Ubuntu Friendly program

colin-king

Postponed

hwe-o-improved-s3-s4-debug (9/2/11)

Investigate ACPI + pstore for debug status saving

colin-king

Complete

S3 early resume keyboard LED sanity check

colin-king

Complete

investigate LED reading hardware

colin-king

Complete

investigate how to add *lots* of instrumentation into S3/S4 debug kernel

colin-king

Complete

prototype LED console output driver

colin-king

Complete

review of percentage of laptop/netbook machines which have keyboard LEDs (~55%)

colin-king

Complete

review of percentage of machines which have pcspkr (~15-20%)

colin-king

Complete

suspend GPIO LED debug investigation, can we use these LEDs for debug (no)

colin-king

Complete

write tool to examine instrumented kernel and give S3/S4 analysis

colin-king

Complete

investigate video DDC pin

sconklin

Postponed

prototype sound output driver for inclusion in kernel in general

kamalmostafa

Postponed

other-kernel-o-bug-handling (2/2/4)

Review bugs every milestone for Ubuntu/ drivers we disabled in the release, and notify KRM of any reports

leannogasawara

Complete

structure tag page for DX, link to main tag page (using include on top level page)

dbarth

Complete

drive new state bugs to 0 and maintain 0 new status bugs daily

jeremyfoshee

Postponed

update the Tips and Tricks section in the community help page.

jeremyfoshee

Postponed

other-kernel-o-config-review (4/1/5)

Add check to the script to determine if we are inconsistent to policy for all configs

apw

Complete

Add policy checking for NETFILTER and SENSORS to the script

apw

Complete

In the config review scripts, add 'staging' in the comments column if it's a staging driver

apw

Complete

In the scripts, we need a way to note why we violate policy on purpose so we don't have to always re-review the same configs each cycle

apw

Complete

look into generating a trimmed down config for debug purposes (maybe discuss at the platform sprint)

p-pisati

Postponed

other-kernel-o-ubuntu-delta-review (1/0/2)

apw upstream upstreamable patches

apw

In Progress

rsalveti review assigned set of Ubuntu delta patches and push upstream where applicable

p-pisati

Complete

security-o-apparmor-ubuntu (0/11/11)

base extended capability support as part of v3 format change

jjohansen

Postponed

base extended permission support

jjohansen

Postponed

dfa improvements, kernel vars

jjohansen

Postponed

dfa improvements, parser memory usage (patch pending)

jjohansen

Postponed

dfa improvements, reordering of the structure

jjohansen

Postponed

extend network mediation beyond socket level, stage 1 (kernel)

jjohansen

Postponed

fix missed transitions in handleChildren()

jjohansen

Postponed

matcher in userspace to support regression tests, unit tests, etc

jjohansen

Postponed

profile rcu patch

jjohansen

Postponed

v3 tagging - kernel support

jjohansen

Postponed

v3 tagging - parser support

jjohansen

Postponed

Total (27/27/57) 94%

Milestone None

Blueprint/Activity

Task

Assignee

Status

foundations-o-wubi (1/0/2)

Investigate HFS+ journalled write support (either full, or an interim position ignoring journal)

apw

Todo

test kexec is functional for i386/amd64

apw

Complete

other-kernel-o-misc (2/0/3)

Power Consumption: Look at pmutils power.d scripts and compare to powertop recommendations

apw

In Progress

Boot Speed: review kernel early boot charts and boot charts

apw

Complete

Flicker Free Boot: review kernel components of FFB are functioning

apw

Complete

Total (3/0/5) 60%

KernelTeam/ReleaseStatus/OneiricDetail (last edited 2011-10-11 16:31:08 by apw)