I lived in China and I worked for Kingsoft Inc. I started to use Linux since 2002. and maintain qterm package for Debian official since 2005, now maintain more than 10 packages in Debian. I also push packages to Ubuntu through MOTU since jaunty.
My contribution is focused on the package maintaince, especially for the packages related to the Chinese culture. For example:
- input method: including scim-tables, scim-python, ibus and ibus-* packages.
- BBS client: qterm and fqterm
- comaintained some chemistry-related packages: apbs, chemtool, ... (now I have left chemistry industry, so no longer maintain them)
- some other packages: such as manpages-zh, iptux (an IM client), multiget (download client), llk-linux (game)
- short plan: push ibus 1.1 and tegaki to jaunty+1
- long plan: introduce the software made in Chinese culture to Ubuntu, introduce Debian/Ubuntu quality to Chinese FOSS developer.
If you'd like to comment, but are not the applicant or a sponsor, do it here. Don't forget to sign with @SIG@.
As a sponsor, just copy the template below, fill it out and add it to this section.
== <SPONSORS NAME> == === General feedback === ## Please fill us in on your shared experience. (How many packages did you sponsor? How would you judge the quality? How would you describe the improvements? Do you trust the applicant?) === Specific Experiences of working together === ''Please add good examples of your work together, but also cases that could have handled better.'' === Areas of Improvement ===