going offical, late is better then never.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
|## || Australia || KarlGoetz || AustralianTeam || Hope to have enough time soon... |||||| Australia || KarlGoetz || AustralianTeam || Happy to do all of Aust, or just SA as needed. |||
LoCo Teams Education Contacts
This a list of volunteer Education Contacts for Ubuntu LoCo Teams:
LoCo Team Wiki Page
United States / Colorado
India / TamilNadu
Happy to do all of Aust, or just SA as needed.
Ubuntu Education Programme : Introduction
RichardWeideman is the Education Programme Manager for Ubuntu. He is a dedicated head focusing on our engagement with the Education Sector and the requirements of this niche audience.
Richard is the 1st line contact for all Education enquiries across all Ubuntu variants:
Education users and stakeholders are interacting with the whole range of Ubuntu products under various academic and education support scenarios. Although they may be using different installs, configurations and desktop interfaces, there are two areas in which they all share common issues:
- Below the Desktop
- All the Ubuntu variants are based on the core Ubuntu operating system
- Above the Desktop
- Education Tools
- Education Applications
- Education Content
- Open Source in Education issues
Ubuntu and Education : Community
We are currently building a community around Ubuntu and Education.
We are looking to engage the various users and stakeholders in the Education Sector a way which:
- brings them into our community according to their needs
- assists them to find guidance and solutions for their specific requirements
- allows them to share their learnings
- and helps them to contribute towards an integrated and comprehensive end-to-end Open Source Education solution which is widely adopted and well supported.
LoCo Teams and Education : How to help with Ubuntu and the Education Sector
Education Contact for each LoCo
We would like to ask each loco group to nominate an Education Contact for their territory, to:
act as the 1st line Education Contact for their LoCo, and to channel requests to Richard
- to be listed as the education contact for their territory
- on this page
- on their loco page
- on the Ubuntu Education community space which is being built
- to stay in touch with Education happenings in their territory
The nominated person would not need any Education background or experience; just a personal interest in Education as well as the willingness and patience to field enquiries from often non-technical education people.
Mostly, you would be:
- introducing people once off to the Ubuntu and Education community resources and contacts
- keeping an eye out for local Education Events or Projects or News to pass on to Richard
If you would be willing to volunteer:
- you can edit yourself directly into this page,
Ubuntu Education IRC Channels
We'd also like you all to make your community aware of our two Education specific IRC channels:
- Ubuntu Education : Education Topics Across any Ubuntu Product
Edubuntu product Discussions & Support
both on freenode.net
Education Mail Lists
And finally, we'd like you all to make your community aware of our three Education specific mail lists:
Ubuntu Education posts discuss education issues which impact users or stakeholders of any Ubuntu products in the Education sector
Edubuntu Developer posts discuss developement and technical administration issues around the Edubuntu product
Edubuntu User posts discuss on user issues around the Edubuntu product.