General Agenda Items and Proposals
Show of hands to gauge attendance
Review ACTIONS from the last meeting
Weekly report - Update from QA meeting and team
Weekly report - Update on IRC OP's team
Weekly report - Update on Wiki / Docs team
Weekly report - Update from comms team
Weekly report - Devs teams report
Lubuntu Software Center 0.0.4
Lubuntu Team Meeting
- IRC: irc.freenode.org
- Channel: #ubuntu-meeting
#title #ubuntu-meeting: Lubuntu Team meeting
Meeting started by gilir at 20:03:13 UTC. The full logs are available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-01-25-20.03.log.html .
- gilir - Review ACTIONS from the last meeting
ACTION: gilir to help pushing new lightdm-gtk-greeter in the archive if necessary (gilir, 20:10:40)
- phillw - Weekly report - Update from QA meeting and team
- Unit193 - Weekly report - Update on IRC OP's team
- phillw - Weekly report - Update from comms team
- gilir - Weekly report - Devs teams report
StephenSmally Lubuntu Software Center 0.0.4
Meeting ended at 21:03:30 UTC.
- gilir to help pushing new lightdm-gtk-greeter in the archive if necessary
Action items, by person
- * gilir to help pushing new lightdm-gtk-greeter in the archive if necessary
People present (lines said)
- gilir (66)
- phillw (36)
- wxl (10)
- rafaellaguna (7)
- jmarsden|work (4)
- meetingology (4)
- Unit193 (4)
- Yorvyk (3)
- njin (2)
- ubottu (1)
- Silverlion (1)
20:03:13 <gilir> #startmeeting Lubuntu Team meeting
20:03:13 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
20:03:28 <gilir> hi
20:03:30 <jmarsden|work> o/
20:03:45 <phillw> o/
20:04:50 <gilir> as usual, meeting agenda is on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/IRC%20Meetings/Agenda
20:05:25 <gilir> not many people today
20:05:42 <Yorvyk> o/
20:05:48 <StephenSmally> o/
20:06:09 <gilir> ok let's start
20:06:16 <Unit193> \o
20:06:23 <gilir> #topic gilir - Review ACTIONS from the last meeting
20:06:59 <gilir> the only item is the bug of unity-greeter / lightdm
20:07:28 <gilir> I have to admit that I can't reproduce it after upgrading lighdm-gtk-greeter, and removing unity-greeter
20:07:30 <phillw> it's still causing problems
20:07:57 <rafaellaguna> hello, a bit late
20:08:22 <jmarsden|work> gilir: Has the newer lightdm-gtk-greeter made it into the daily builds yet?
20:08:52 <gilir> jmarsden|work, not yet, I'll ping the one who work it currently to see if help is needed
20:09:20 <jmarsden|work> Yes, I think it will help a lot of testers can grab a new daily ISO and have it work OK.
20:09:27 <gilir> but even with this, it doesn't seem sto fix the problem for some people using precise (not on daily ISO)
20:09:58 <phillw> gilir: no, we have grabbed the new one from staging & still have problems.
20:10:33 <rafaellaguna> about that, I'm trying to get it looking better: http://i.imgur.com/gqZ9b.png
20:10:39 <phillw> I think wxl had even more problems today, if he'd like to say.
20:10:40 <gilir> #action gilir to help pushing new lightdm-gtk-greeter in the archive if necessary 20:10:40 * meetingology gilir to help pushing new lightdm-gtk-greeter in the archive if necessary
20:12:01 <gilir> well, until we have the new version, I can't really track down the others problems
20:13:16 <jmarsden|work> Right, until then we are somewhat stuck, I think.
20:13:38 <gilir> yes :/
20:13:41 <njin> I work ok with lxdm
20:14:13 <gilir> switching to lxdm is not a fix
20:14:35 <njin> but is a workaround
20:14:55 <gilir> let's continue with the next items, we can't say more about this for now
20:15:14 <gilir> #topic phillw - Weekly report - Update from QA meeting and team
20:16:07 <phillw> I'll leave out the bug.... Main thing upcoming is the pre-testing of alpha2 I'll email the list with further details of the pre-milestone release testing.
20:17:50 <phillw> they are still working on the automated tests and re-writing the manual tests. Once this is done I can start on the lubuntu specific ones.
20:18:00 <gilir> phillw, did you have the time to look at the actual state of daily ISO ?
20:18:34 <wxl> sorry i was stock on the wrong channel
20:18:45 <phillw> I zsync it each time I'm going to do an install onto VM to give me a 'clean' iso to test.
20:19:43 <phillw> my last one was yesterday, with the exception of the known bug on greeter, and a minor glitch with the artwork ppa It installs fine.
20:20:14 <gilir> it's still good news, it's not so broken
20:20:53 <gilir> the artwork problem should be fixed in the staging PPA with the next update of lubuntu-artwork
20:21:11 <rafaellaguna> only the wallpaper, isn't it?
20:21:12 <phillw> wxl: what happened with you?
20:21:33 <gilir> rafaellaguna, yes
20:21:45 <phillw> yeah, a no wallpaper is not the end of the world.
20:22:07 <phillw> possiblt for Rafael, as I know he is a perfectionist.
20:22:16 <rafaellaguna> no, but a blank screen is sad for newcomers
20:22:39 <rafaellaguna> phillw: yeah, you know me
20:22:55 <phillw> rafaellaguna: it only affects those using the test artwork, there is a warning
20:23:38 <gilir> it's the goal of the PPA
20:23:50 <gilir> phillw, anything more on QA ?
20:24:28 <phillw> nothing more from the meeting, there will be an email re: alpha2 pre-milestone testing which I will forward.
20:24:41 <gilir> ok thanks phillw
20:24:55 <gilir> #topic Unit193 - Weekly report - Update on IRC OP's team
20:25:11 <Unit193> Right, nothing really that I haven't already said
20:26:11 <gilir> ok thanks Unit193 Anything new regarding new OPs on lubuntu chan ?
20:27:06 <Unit193> Well, it's just to wait now
20:27:11 <Unit193> There's a meeting Sunday
20:27:39 <gilir> Unit193, ok thanks
20:27:57 * gilir doesn't see MrChrisDruif around, moving to the next item
20:28:13 <gilir> #topic phillw - Weekly report - Update from comms team
20:28:26 <phillw> Silverlion: Ã re you on the way home?
20:28:53 <phillw> he doubted he would be here...
20:29:45 <phillw> Okay, 1stly it does seem that OMGUbuntu do plug into http://lubuntu.net/ for information
20:30:05 <Silverlion> phillw: just on the way heading home
20:30:22 <phillw> so, for the people on the various teams, please do consider setting up a blog on there.
20:31:42 <gilir> we need some blog writers
20:31:48 <phillw> the release from OMG was clearly from there and the mailing list. The more we advertise ourselves on the likes of http://lubuntu.net/ the more likely we get picked up by OMG and Ubuntu News Weekly
20:31:58 <rafaellaguna> I have a great candidate for that
20:32:04 <rafaellaguna> I'll propose it to him
20:33:32 <phillw> the second one, sort of sneaky in a way, is that any announcement goes onto http://lubuntu.net/ before general release by email etc. That will concentrate the minds of those who want to report news onto an area we have control over
20:34:08 <phillw> It may only be a couple of hours... but a "you read it here 1st" does increase traffic
20:34:31 <gilir> well, maybe we need a bit more coordination for this
20:34:56 <gilir> for example, if a dev have somethng to annonce, maybe coordinate with a comm team member to advertise it right
20:35:17 <Yorvyk> Why not just mail the news team and OMGUbuntu direct?
20:35:26 <phillw> the comm team are here to serve, that would be more than okay
20:35:29 <gilir> I personnaly fail to advertise right some of the stuff I do
20:36:30 <phillw> Yorvyk: they will receive it, have no fear. But, IMHO, nothing reported on NEWS should be after our own site has it?
20:36:30 <gilir> Yorvyk, that could be an idea
20:37:09 <gilir> I don't have strong opinion on any way, just a idea I have in mind
20:37:14 <phillw> Yorvyk: if you join the comms team, I know you are involved with news stuff.
20:37:40 <Yorvyk> I'll join and get involved
20:38:35 <phillw> and lastly, we are still at an early stage, but we are looking to source some lubuntu branded items. Mugs are pretty much out as they are only 2.00GB to buy, then cost about 20.00GBP to ship out of UK.
20:38:38 <gilir> so, if the comm team come with a solution, I'll be interested
20:40:15 <gilir> phillw, is the items done by rafaellaguna are enough to order items ?
20:41:01 <phillw> There is a bit more artwork choices to do, so we can look at the pens + mouse pads offer.
20:42:01 <gilir> ok, anything more for comm team phillw ?
20:42:18 <phillw> that about sums it up.
20:42:37 <gilir> thanks phillw
20:42:57 <gilir> #topic gilir - Weekly report - Devs teams report
20:43:41 <gilir> lxsession - I think it's pretty ready now
20:44:16 <gilir> I done what I wanted for the next release, so I hope to upload it as soon as I can
20:44:42 <gilir> lubuntu-artwork - for people using PPA staging, you probably noticed the new packages
20:45:00 <gilir> artwork from previous version of lubuntu are available
20:45:14 <wxl> sorry back for what it's worth. work got in the way
20:45:42 <gilir> you need to install the package, like lubuntu-artwork-11-04 to install 11.04 artwork
20:46:01 <gilir> unfortunatly, you have to manually change each part of the theme
20:46:12 <wxl> gilir: why is that?
20:46:50 <gilir> wxl, because lxapperance (the utility to change the theme) doesn't work globaly, like the one in GNOME for example
20:47:18 <gilir> it's an improvement to do, maybe for 12.10
20:47:23 <wxl> curious. sounds like a borderline bug/feature request
20:47:58 <gilir> its not so simple, there are many small part to change, and some design to discuss
20:48:20 <wxl> since we're talking dev stuff, my issues with unity-greeter are here https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm/+bug/918401/comments/25 although i just mention it just to mention it (since i was mentioning it on the wrong channel). i am curious what the latest version of lightdm-gtk-greeter is, though, just to check.
20:48:22 <ubottu> Ubuntu bug 918401 in lubuntu-meta (Ubuntu) "Unity-greeter installed by default on Lubuntu, crashing on start" [Undecided,Confirmed]
20:48:47 <phillw> wxl: it was covered while you were away
20:49:04 <wxl> phillw: i know. initially i was chatting away about it, but in #ubuntu-testing THEN work got in the way
20:49:15 <gilir> wxl, just try to update with the PPA staging, and to remove unity-greeter
20:49:19 <wxl> as Unit193 knows, i'm really good at sending to the wrong channel
20:49:39 <wxl> gilir: well, i have. that's why i want to check that my version is the expected version.
20:50:38 <gilir> wxl, as we said, we are waiting to update it on daily, so I can check with daily ISO what's going on
20:50:57 <wxl> gilir: ok, i'll shut up now
20:51:24 <gilir> and to finish, I plan to upload new default settings tonight (which are already on the PPA staging)
20:51:26 <phillw> gilir: can you send an email to let us know when it is in daily for us to try.
20:51:44 <gilir> with Alpha 2, I hope to have some feedbacks on them
20:52:12 <gilir> phillw, sure
20:52:26 <wxl> phillw: i assume you mean to the qa list?
20:52:41 <phillw> default works fine (you can tell - I never nagged). Just as an aside on that, when we try things from staging - is there a system of reporting how we get on seperate to bug reporting?
20:53:02 <phillw> the lubuntu-qa, yes please.
20:53:28 <gilir> phillw, just ping people involve in the package in staging
20:53:37 <gilir> you should not report a bug on launchpad for something in staging
20:53:48 <gilir> ping or mail on the mailing list
20:54:01 <phillw> thanks. I guessed not. I have been using the ML
20:54:25 <gilir> ok, just 5 min for StephenSmally
20:54:32 <phillw> Just lets me put it onto the lubuntu-qa wiki page
20:54:38 <StephenSmally> Thank you
20:54:41 <gilir> #topic StephenSmally Lubuntu Software Center 0.0.4
20:54:57 <StephenSmally> Well, i want to just to tell you how the LSC development is going
20:55:52 <StephenSmally> I keep working on the main python branch, while Michael Rawson is working for the vala port (which hopefully will be ready for 12.10)
20:57:05 <StephenSmally> the current version is pretty stable and tested, with the latest commit i refined the interface (some visual fixes like padding between buttons).
20:57:30 <StephenSmally> in two or three days (i hope) i'll release LSC 0.0.4
20:58:00 <gilir> StephenSmally, good do you need any help in the release process ?
20:58:09 <StephenSmally> which will be (again, i hope) be ready to put in the repos before february (and the feature freeze)
20:58:27 <StephenSmally> gilir: yes, i think so
20:58:54 <gilir> StephenSmally, ok, I'll try to be around this week-end, ping me if you need help
20:59:03 <StephenSmally> thank you.
20:59:26 <StephenSmally> of course, the current version will be in the PPA tomorrow (launchpad is building)
21:00:20 <StephenSmally> that's all folks :-P
21:00:25 <phillw> o/
21:00:31 <gilir> thanks StephenSmally
21:00:33 <gilir> yes phillw
21:01:12 <phillw> StephenSmally: with the last LSC, it launched in small window, which I had to maximise to see the on screen choices.
21:01:33 <StephenSmally> version? (apt-cache policy lubuntu-software-center)
21:02:04 <gilir> phillw, maybe you can report a bug on https://launchpad.net/lubuntu-software-center ?
21:02:06 <phillw> StephenSmally: I'll grab you later, I don't have my VM for 12.04 running right now
21:02:21 <gilir> it would be easier I think to discuss the issue
21:02:25 <phillw> I will
21:02:31 <StephenSmally> ok, well, it's weird
21:02:47 <StephenSmally> send me a mail or open a bug when you can.
21:03:22 <gilir> ok, it's time to end the meeting, thanks everyone
21:03:30 <gilir> #endmeeting