Please note that the cut off time for amending the agenda is 24 hours before the meeting.
General Agenda Items and Proposals
Show of hands to gauge attendance
Review ACTIONS from the last meeting
Weekly report - Update from QA meeting and team
Weekly report - Update from IRC OP's team
Weekly report - Update from Comms team
Weekly report - Update from Devs teams
Weekly report - Update from Docs team
Any Other Business
Lubuntu Team Meeting
- IRC: irc.freenode.org
- Channel: #ubuntu-meeting
#title #ubuntu-meeting: Lubuntu Team Meeting
Meeting started by gilir at 20:02:59 UTC. The full logs are available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-04-18-20.02.log.html .
- gilir - Review ACTIONS from the last meeting
- kanliot - Weekly report - Update from QA meeting and team
LINK: https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-qa/msg00598.html (kanliot, 20:09:35) LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing (kanliot, 20:09:47) LINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+bug/850264 (kanliot, 20:09:48) LINK: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+bug/850264 (phillw, 20:19:03)
- kanliot - Weekly report - Update from Comms team
- gilir - Weekly report - Update from Devs teams
LINK: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/lubuntu-q-work-items (gilir, 20:29:59)
MrChrisDruif - Weekly report - Update from Docs team
- Any Other Business
LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseSchedule (gilir, 20:44:29) ACTION: gilir Add the Actions from meetings to the Agenda (MrChrisDruif, 20:53:16)
Meeting ended at 20:54:37 UTC.
- gilir Add the Actions from meetings to the Agenda
Action items, by person
- * gilir Add the Actions from meetings to the Agenda
People present (lines said)
- gilir (57)
- kanliot (38)
- phillw (35)
- meetingology (4)
- ubottu (2)
- ScottK (2)
- stgraber (1)
- PereZ (1)
- Yorvyk (1)
20:02:59 <gilir> #startmeeting Lubuntu Team Meeting
20:02:59 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
20:03:05 <gilir> hi
20:03:08 <kanliot> o/
20:03:25 <phillw> o/
20:03:28 <MrChrisDruif> \o
20:03:40 <Yorvyk> o/
20:03:48 <gilir> Agenda is still at the same place : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/IRC%20Meetings/Agenda
20:05:51 <gilir> #topic gilir - Review ACTIONS from the last meeting 20:05:57 * phillw phew... nothing I have not done
20:06:15 <gilir> MrChrisDruif, any progress for offline documentation ?
20:06:28 <MrChrisDruif> Nope, sorry about that
20:06:51 <MrChrisDruif> Week was crazy busy
20:07:39 <phillw> MrChrisDruif: plenty of time, not needed for about 3 months for 12.10
20:07:47 <gilir> MrChrisDruif, no problem, I think it's already too late for 12.04
20:08:10 <gilir> let's add it to the TODO list for 12?10
20:08:11 <MrChrisDruif> True, but still it's better to get it done so we only need to add it! _
20:08:58 <gilir> ok, let's move to the next topic
20:09:02 <phillw> MrChrisDruif: let's see what UDS-Q decide on the matter
20:09:04 <PereZ> hi =P
20:09:18 <gilir> #topic kanliot - Weekly report - Update from QA meeting and team
20:09:31 <MrChrisDruif> Aloha PereZ
20:09:32 <kanliot> ok phil sent me an email i'm working from that
20:09:35 <kanliot> https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-qa/msg00598.html
20:09:47 <kanliot> a
20:09:47 <kanliot> 1.thanks to the devs, and the hard-working release team
20:09:47 <kanliot> 2. we need more testers: please read
20:09:47 <kanliot> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing
20:09:47 <kanliot> 3.there's a bug with 32 bit apt. So people with 32 bit applications installed will have problems with those applications when they upgrade. see
20:09:48 <kanliot> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+bug/850264
20:09:50 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 850264 in apt (Ubuntu Oneiric) "given a foreign architecture of i386 on amd64 machine, and an outdated libc, apt tries to remove libc-bin" [High,Fix committed]
20:09:59 <kanliot> any questions before i move on?
20:10:29 <kanliot> k
20:10:32 <kanliot> 4.
20:10:44 <kanliot> the release of 12.04 will have a bug
20:10:48 <kanliot> unfixed bug
20:11:05 <kanliot> full disk encryption will not be working, and you can install with full disk encryption selected
20:11:12 <kanliot> so installs in that case will not work
20:11:26 <kanliot> I'm looking for help. i donno how to document this
20:11:32 <kanliot> since fixing it is not possible
20:11:39 <kanliot> any comments phillw?
20:11:42 <gilir> it's affecting only us or all ISO ?
20:11:51 <kanliot> good question
20:11:55 <kanliot> i donno
20:12:01 <kanliot> but it's real enough
20:12:04 <phillw> kanliot: there is work-around
20:12:13 <MrChrisDruif> gilir; all releases
20:12:35 <MrChrisDruif> It's just not affecting a lot of people due to how the bug happens
20:12:41 <phillw> gilir: it is a kernel bug, for limited number of set ups. but is expected to affect everyone
20:12:42 <gilir> so it shoudl be documented in the Ubuntu release notes
20:13:17 <phillw> gilir: do you now have my emails go to spam
20:13:33 <phillw> I did explain it earlier as to what was decided.
20:13:53 <gilir> adding a note on the release notes sounds enough for me, since we can't fix it, we can't do better IMO
20:14:28 <MrChrisDruif> Shouldn't it be on the "main" Ubuntu release notes if it affects us all?
20:14:47 <phillw> gilir: no, they do not see it as warranted at this point, just that we have the work-around documented, in case it goes viral.
20:14:48 <gilir> MrChrisDruif, yes, it should be
20:15:43 <phillw> MrChrisDruif: it affects, so far, one person. It is a confirmed bug, but only only on that set up. They are wathing for dupes arriving.
20:15:51 <phillw> *watching*
20:16:28 <gilir> ok, so if it's not mentionned on the main releases notes, we can still add it on ours if we think it's necessary
20:16:31 <MrChrisDruif> So for now only document the work-around and if it's confirmed it'll be put on Ubuntu's release notes?
20:16:38 <MrChrisDruif> Yup
20:16:52 <gilir> we are quite free for our release notes
20:17:50 <gilir> kanliot, phillw, anything else ?
20:17:55 <kanliot> no
20:17:56 <phillw> gilir: ATM, just register it at FAQ/WorkAround
20:18:34 <phillw> we can always move it higher if it does become a major problem for the entire *butnu release.
20:18:49 <gilir> ok thanks kanliot and phillw
20:18:55 <kanliot> wwia
20:18:57 <kanliot> wait
20:19:00 <kanliot> 1 more thing
20:19:03 <phillw> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+bug/850264
20:19:03 <kanliot> uh
20:19:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 850264 in apt (Ubuntu Oneiric) "given a foreign architecture of i386 on amd64 machine, and an outdated libc, apt tries to remove libc-bin" [High,Fix committed]
20:19:10 <kanliot> nvidia drivers are really bad
20:19:16 <kanliot> phillw how bad are they?
20:19:48 <kanliot> apparently tons of crashes
20:19:57 <kanliot> anyhow thats all i have
20:19:57 <phillw> I am on the previous bug, that messes up any upgrade from 11.10--> 12.04?
20:20:10 <kanliot> and it's never clear that it's not the applications that are crashing
20:20:29 <kanliot> ok you go first
20:20:34 <gilir> phillw told us that it should be fixed soon
20:21:06 <gilir> well, already fixed, just need to be uploaded, anything to add ?
20:21:07 <phillw> The fix for that is out and about, but it does REALLY need testing, we are running out of time for the RC's
20:21:39 <phillw> gilir: , yes - it needs testing & proven as a fix.
20:22:10 <gilir> phillw, ping me when it's in, and if you need test
20:22:27 <phillw> it will be in the next respin
20:22:42 <gilir> ok
20:22:59 <phillw> which *should* be there now.
20:23:43 <gilir> anything to add ?
20:24:15 <phillw> kanliot: anything else to add? this time next week, it is D-Day+1
20:24:23 <kanliot> no thanks
20:24:45 <kanliot> you should be studying phillw
20:24:53 <kanliot> do your homework
20:25:01 <gilir> ok, let's move to the next topic
20:25:04 <phillw> gilir: I'll keep people updated for anything important.
20:25:24 <gilir> #topic kanliot - Weekly report - Update from Comms team
20:25:37 <kanliot> Mario Behling quickly replied to my email, he says the osuosl people will put up a test site soon. (this allows us to test the new lubuntu.net website)
20:25:38 <kanliot> end of report
20:26:45 <gilir> thanks kanliot
20:27:52 <gilir> #topic gilir - Weekly report - Update from Devs teams
20:28:45 <gilir> nothing on 12.04 this week, it shoudl be ready for our part
20:29:24 <gilir> I started the preparation for 12.10
20:29:37 <gilir> nothing spectacular so far
20:29:59 <gilir> #link https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/lubuntu-q-work-items
20:30:41 <gilir> if you want to look at it
20:30:57 <gilir> you can also add comments on the whiteboard section
20:31:32 <gilir> the goal is to prepare all importants items to discuss for UDS
20:31:47 <MrChrisDruif> Good to hear gilir
20:31:48 <gilir> any questions ?
20:32:56 <gilir> of course, it's still not compete, I have still some suprises hidden
20:32:57 <phillw> when do we start the bi-anual discussions about what goes in to the next release?
20:33:20 <gilir> phillw, you can start it on the blueprint
20:33:24 <phillw> *bi-annual*\
20:33:44 <gilir> ideally, I would like to start it right after the 12.04 release, and to end it just after UDS
20:34:11 <phillw> gilir: less of the 'me' bit.... I'm holding back a queue :P
20:34:40 <gilir> phillw, feel free to put them on the whiteboard, to be sure we don't forget them
20:34:50 <phillw> that is a massive +1 from me
20:35:10 <phillw> not from me, from others!
20:35:57 <gilir> just, if you want to start discussion for application by default, do it with some arguments
20:37:04 <gilir> any others questions ?
20:37:40 <gilir> I forgot, you can subscribe to the blueprint, to be aware of any modifications
20:38:37 <gilir> #topic MrChrisDruif - Weekly report - Update from Docs team
20:38:48 <phillw> gilir: are you sure you want to let the people on the facebook page know of this?
20:39:50 <MrChrisDruif> Ali started communicating again and in turn added a section about what differs us from Ubuntu and what we have in common. I can't remember anything else, so nothing to report
20:39:57 <gilir> phillw, it's not a secret, but keep the warning I made about applications by default
20:40:12 <MrChrisDruif> phillw; why not? The more people contributing the better right?
20:41:52 <gilir> thanks MrChrisDruif
20:42:20 <phillw> MrChrisDruif: gilir I was being light hearted.... the fb people would love to contribute..... sorry if you took it the wrong way
20:42:44 <gilir> #topic Any Other Business
20:43:07 <MrChrisDruif> Yes, add the Actions from Meetings to the Agenda gilir
20:43:14 <gilir> next meeting is the last meeting before the release
20:43:22 <MrChrisDruif> Already?
20:43:26 <MrChrisDruif> =(
20:43:46 <phillw> gilir: it is? Release is tuesday?\
20:44:04 <MrChrisDruif> phillw; Thursday!
20:44:09 <gilir> phillw, usually it's on thurday, no ?
20:44:26 <phillw> Or, so I was told
20:44:29 <gilir> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseSchedule
20:44:31 <ScottK> It's always Thursday unless it's 10-10-10.
20:45:05 <phillw> This will be news to the Canonical team, then :P
20:45:38 <phillw> RC tomorrow, release tuesday.
20:45:47 <stgraber> RC tomorrow, release Thursday
20:45:54 <ScottK> See the spate of late FFes from Canonical development projects over multiple releases. The schedule is always a surprise to them.
20:46:49 <gilir> phillw, you see, you have 2 days more, let's relax
20:47:13 <MrChrisDruif> Ghehe
20:47:18 <gilir> anyway, for the next meeting, let's make sure all it's ready for the release
20:47:50 <gilir> documentation, release notes, news article, coffee ...
20:49:07 <gilir> anything to add before the end of the meeting ?
20:49:31 <MrChrisDruif> gilir; you got my note?
20:49:35 <phillw> ScottK: when balloons announced release was on tuesday, we just accepted it as so :P
20:49:54 <gilir> MrChrisDruif, about what ?
20:50:11 <MrChrisDruif> Yes, add the Actions from Meetings to the Agenda gilir
20:50:14 <MrChrisDruif> That one
20:50:48 <gilir> MrChrisDruif, what do you mean by this ?
20:51:19 <MrChrisDruif> Add the Actions from previous meeting(s) to the Agenda
20:51:35 <MrChrisDruif> That way it's more easy to see what actions should be done
20:52:22 <gilir> ah ok, I'll do it next time we have actions in the meeting
20:52:55 <MrChrisDruif> Thanks _
20:52:55 <phillw> MrChrisDruif: make gilir to #action it :P
20:53:16 <MrChrisDruif> #action gilir Add the Actions from meetings to the Agenda 20:53:16 * meetingology gilir Add the Actions from meetings to the Agenda
20:53:22 <MrChrisDruif> phillw; like so?
20:53:30 <phillw> indeed
20:54:12 <gilir> unless I end the meeting before this
20:54:37 <gilir> #endmeeting