Please note that the cut off time for amending the agenda is 24 hours before the meeting.
General Agenda Items and Proposals
Show of hands to gauge attendance
Review ACTIONS from the last meeting
Weekly report - Update from QA meeting and team
Weekly report - Update from IRC OP's team
Weekly report - Update from Comms team
Weekly report - Update from Devs teams
Weekly report - Update from Docs team
Decide which problems (if any) should be in Known Issues section of Release Notes
Any Other Business
Lubuntu Team Meeting
- IRC: irc.freenode.org
- Channel: #ubuntu-meeting
#title #ubuntu-meeting: Lubuntu Team Meeting
Meeting started by gilir at 20:01:52 UTC. The full logs are available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-04-25-20.01.log.html .
- kanliot - Weekly report - Update from QA meeting and team
- kanliot - Weekly report - Update from Comms team
- gilir - Weekly report - Update from Devs teams
MrChrisDruif - Weekly report - Update from Docs team
- Yorvyk - Decide which problems (if any) should be in Known Issues section of Release Notes
LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseNotes/Lubuntu (gilir, 20:31:39)
- Any Other Business
Meeting ended at 20:41:47 UTC.
MrChrisDruif Send gilir list with pages to update for release
Action items, by person
* MrChrisDruif Send gilir list with pages to update for release
* MrChrisDruif Send gilir list with pages to update for release
People present (lines said)
- gilir (51)
- kanliot (20)
- Yorvyk (8)
- meetingology (4)
- tumbleweed (1)
- cariboo907 (1)
- balloons (1)
20:01:52 <gilir> #startmeeting Lubuntu Team Meeting
20:01:53 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
20:02:27 <gilir> hi
20:02:31 <kanliot> sup
20:02:35 <Yorvyk> o/
20:02:50 <gilir> Agenda is still at the same place : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/IRC%20Meetings/Agenda
20:03:04 <MrChrisDruif> \o
20:03:12 <gilir> and this week, special focus on the last stuff to do before the release
20:03:33 <cariboo907> join #U+1
20:04:29 <gilir> no action from the last meeting
20:04:52 <gilir> let's move to the first topic
20:05:06 <gilir> #topic kanliot - Weekly report - Update from QA meeting and team
20:05:13 <kanliot> hi
20:05:21 <kanliot> we still should be testing
20:05:37 <kanliot> also balloons asked for more testers for amd64 mac
20:05:44 <kanliot> and also wubi testers
20:05:47 <kanliot> end of report
20:06:17 <kanliot> to clarify: we still shoudl be testing means they are still releaseing ISOs
20:06:22 <gilir> thanks kanliot, if the tests are specific to lubuntu or more generic ?
20:06:41 <kanliot> i donno
20:07:13 <MrChrisDruif> I think balloons requested for Ubuntu amd64 and wubi
20:07:38 <MrChrisDruif> But wubi wasn't well tested for Lubuntu as well
20:08:08 <kanliot> thanks chrisw
20:08:08 <gilir> MrChrisDruif, as far as I know, it was tested at least once
20:08:17 <MrChrisDruif> gilir; true, Lance did
20:08:36 <gilir> well, it's better than nothing
20:08:42 <MrChrisDruif> Indeed
20:09:33 <gilir> ok, philiw also told me ISOs was good to go
20:10:18 <gilir> unless we discover a big problem in the last tests, it should be ok now
20:10:41 <gilir> kanliot, let me know if there is an emerengy tonight
20:10:45 <kanliot> not going to disagree with you but they are still producing more ISOs
20:11:01 <kanliot> k will do
20:11:58 <gilir> ok, thanks kanliot, moving to next topic
20:12:15 <gilir> #topic kanliot - Weekly report - Update from Comms team
20:12:24 <kanliot> nothing to report
20:12:37 <kanliot> we resolved some code of curious origin that ended up on the website
20:12:44 <kanliot> that was all on the mailing list
20:12:47 <kanliot> end of report
20:13:04 <gilir> ok thanks kanliot
20:13:49 <gilir> #topic gilir - Weekly report - Update from Devs teams
20:14:19 <gilir> still preparing the work items for 12.10
20:14:52 <gilir> it should be more active next week, after the release
20:15:03 <MrChrisDruif> It does?>
20:15:03 <gilir> any questions ?
20:16:01 <gilir> MrChrisDruif, I don't like to prepare stuff for the next release, when the previous one is still not out
20:16:13 <MrChrisDruif> True
20:16:29 <MrChrisDruif> ...for devs
20:17:34 <gilir> no more question, so moving to the next topic
20:17:49 <gilir> #topic MrChrisDruif - Weekly report - Update from Docs team
20:18:09 <MrChrisDruif> Wiki should be ready for release. Only need to comment out the 12.04 specific stuff to "release"
20:18:34 <gilir> great !
20:19:24 <gilir> are people from the wiki will be available tomorrow to update the links ?
20:19:55 <kanliot> what time will that be?
20:20:10 <MrChrisDruif> I'm "available" till about noon
20:20:54 <gilir> kanliot, it depends on the availability of the ISOs
20:21:01 <kanliot> k
20:21:01 <MrChrisDruif> And remember "everyone" can edit the wiki pages, it is almost only uncommenting lines
20:21:14 <MrChrisDruif> Not release specific: I also want to add a big warning block above the header on [WIKI] for beginner to let them know more prominently that that is the team area and redirect them to [HELP]
20:21:33 <MrChrisDruif> Any objections?
20:22:16 <MrChrisDruif> According to the comms team it's not clear how to come to help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/HelpDocumentation so that is the reasoning behind it
20:22:20 <Yorvyk> Don't understand why this is needed
20:22:29 <gilir> MrChrisDruif, is the link to Documentation & Help is not enough ?
20:23:06 <MrChrisDruif> According to the people who know how beginners think, it's not
20:23:21 <MrChrisDruif> It's all readable in the wiki-docs mailing archive
20:23:47 <MrChrisDruif> kanliot; you want to add to this?
20:24:01 <kanliot> no need to
20:24:03 <kanliot> good
20:24:44 <MrChrisDruif> Nothing else to report.
20:25:29 <gilir> MrChrisDruif, could you send me the list of pages to update at release time ?
20:25:58 * meetingology MrChrisDruif Send gilir list with pages to update for release
20:26:11 <MrChrisDruif> Sure _
20:26:11 <gilir> I'll try to be available tomorrow to do the annoucement and to edit of the pages
20:26:16 <gilir> thanks
20:26:27 <balloons> hey guys
20:26:30 <gilir> but don't wait next week to do it
20:26:38 <MrChrisDruif> No? _
20:27:14 <MrChrisDruif> I'll have a spot to send it Sunday, alright with you gilir ?
20:27:43 <gilir> don't play with my actual zen attitude
20:28:33 <gilir> any questions for the documentation ?
20:29:21 <gilir> ok thanks MrChrisDruif
20:29:21 <MrChrisDruif> Well the usual about known bugs and which should be on the release notes? Are there workarounds that should be on FAQ?
20:29:32 <gilir> it's next topic
20:29:44 <MrChrisDruif> I know
20:29:54 <gilir> #topic Yorvyk - Decide which problems (if any) should be in Known Issues section of Release Notes
20:30:23 <gilir> I already added the bug about gnome-mplayer and lxkeymap
20:31:02 <gilir> Yorvyk, do you have other bugs in mind ?
20:31:23 <Yorvyk> Where are the release notes? I can't find them now
20:31:39 <gilir> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseNotes/Lubuntu
20:32:50 <gilir> anyone have comments about them ?
20:33:23 <Yorvyk> Isn't the 64 bit aptitude problem resolved
20:33:45 <MrChrisDruif> Ah, I started editing them...then my connection timed-out again. I'll do it again later tonight
20:34:09 <gilir> Yorvyk, I think the common release notes section is not updated yet
20:34:18 <tumbleweed> Yorvyk: AFAIK it's better, but my no means perfect
20:34:30 <Yorvyk> OK
20:34:50 <Yorvyk> That was the only one that I'd seen any change on
20:35:07 <Yorvyk> Everything else looks OK
20:37:11 <gilir> MrChrisDruif, what do you want to add ?
20:37:30 <MrChrisDruif> Just rewording some stuff, nothing to add
20:37:38 <gilir> ok
20:38:22 <gilir> if nobody have comments, we can remove the "TBA" items and keep it like this
20:38:48 <gilir> except for corrections of style / typo / bad english ...
20:39:39 <gilir> #topic Any Other Business
20:40:14 <gilir> anything to add ?
20:41:08 <Yorvyk> Lets hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow
20:41:11 <gilir> ok, thanks, let's get some sleep before tomorrow
20:41:38 <gilir> Yorvyk, yes
20:41:47 <gilir> #endmeeting