Please note that the cut off time for amending the agenda is 24 hours before the meeting.
General Agenda Items and Proposals
Show of hands to gauge attendance
Any Other Business
Lubuntu Team Meeting
- IRC: irc.freenode.org
- Channel: #ubuntu-meeting
Meeting started by phillw at 20:08:07 UTC. The full logs are available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-06-20-20.08.log.html .
- Previous Actions
LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing/Administrator (phillw, 20:11:59)
- QA Report
- IRC Team
- wiki / docs
- Comms team
- Any Other Business
Meeting ended at 20:45:52 UTC.
People present (lines said)
- phillw (70)
- rafaellaguna (37)
- kanliot (17)
- meetingology (5)
- Unit193 (5)
- Myrtti (4)
- highvoltage (1)
20:08:07 <phillw> #startmeeting
20:08:07 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
20:08:13 <rafaellaguna> eey, said "bad" for me!
20:08:21 <phillw> hi, can all those here say /o
20:08:41 <phillw> (attendance record)
20:08:45 * MrChrisDruif lurks
20:09:07 <rafaellaguna> o/
20:09:30 <phillw> lol - I always get that wrong, as well. (no such command)
20:10:08 <phillw> So, we have MrChrisDruif, bioterror, rafaellaguna only from Lubuntu?
20:10:28 <rafaellaguna> anybody from Ubuntu?
20:10:56 <rafaellaguna> this looks like Google+
20:11:04 <phillw> #topic Previous Actions 20:11:40 * phillw was detailed to provide a set of what a 'QA' admin was required to do.
20:11:59 <phillw> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing/Administrator
20:12:11 <phillw> this has been done.
20:12:57 <rafaellaguna> must we publish the results anywhere?
20:12:58 <phillw> As there are no notes posted from last weeks' meeting & this was dropped on me 2 minutes ago. I don't know if there were any other outstanding actions.
20:13:16 <phillw> rafaellaguna: for what?
20:13:21 <rafaellaguna> leadership
20:13:33 <phillw> rafaellaguna: let me change topic?
20:13:39 <rafaellaguna> sorry
20:13:55 <phillw> #topic QA Report
20:14:33 <rafaellaguna> must we make it public?
20:14:40 <phillw> QA has been going well, there are some upcoming changes to the iso tracker that will make life of reporting / finding things easier
20:14:52 <phillw> rafaellaguna: please be patient?
20:15:09 <rafaellaguna> sorry again :|
20:15:37 <phillw> Julien expects the changes to the default applications to arrive either just before, or shortly after Alpha 2.
20:16:12 <phillw> They are doing a lot of work on this, so it should be fairly seemless integration into 12.10.
20:17:02 <phillw> I'm also hopeful that the ppc guys will have ffox back as the only available browser available to them (it's that or, go try find one).
20:17:27 <phillw> #topic IRC Team
20:17:38 <phillw> Hi Unit193 can you give any knews?
20:17:41 <phillw> -k
20:18:26 <Unit193> What type you looking for? The OPs call went well enough, and mostly other thigns are going well.
20:18:43 <phillw> Unit193: a nil to report is always good
20:18:52 <Myrtti> channel access lists will be harmonized with Launchpad lists soonish, if not already in sync
20:19:08 <Myrtti> have had a few trolls, they've been taken care of
20:19:19 <phillw> thanks Myrtti
20:19:32 <phillw> #topic wiki / docs
20:19:41 <phillw> kanliot: what hae you to report?
20:19:51 <phillw> *have
20:20:02 <kanliot> going ok
20:20:19 <kanliot> changes coming up
20:20:24 <phillw> again, going okay is always good
20:20:36 <kanliot> going to rework the faq pages into the main lubuntu wiki
20:20:45 <kanliot> make it easy to find things
20:20:58 <kanliot> really not doing much collaberation
20:21:17 <MrChrisDruif> Last notice from the previous owner of that group on launchpad: kanliot has been made the new owner.
20:21:44 <phillw> thanks MrChrisDruif
20:22:17 <kanliot> done
20:22:26 <phillw> #topic Comms team
20:22:54 <phillw> is this still dormant?
20:23:26 <phillw> yes.
20:23:48 <phillw> #topic artwork
20:23:57 <phillw> rafaellaguna: you have the floor!
20:24:26 <rafaellaguna> was just a question about leadership, if we have to notice anywhere
20:24:34 <rafaellaguna> it should be comm stuff, isn't it?
20:24:48 <rafaellaguna> important: the poll
20:25:03 <phillw> rafaellaguna: that will be later in the meeting. How is the artwork & wall paper stuff going for 12.10?
20:25:14 <rafaellaguna> we have space enough for up to 5 communit wallpapers
20:25:25 <rafaellaguna> but we have no participation (1 submission)
20:25:34 <rafaellaguna> any idea?
20:25:48 <kanliot> yes, i was wondering just how the winners are chosen
20:26:14 <rafaellaguna> kanlito: I can explain that
20:26:14 <Unit193> I'd say wait a few days, may get more.
20:26:18 <phillw> rafaellaguna: I can only suggest another call to the main mailing list, but we'll come back onto that in Any Other Business.
20:26:19 <kanliot> i consdered doing a sarcastic walpaper but i had no idea why it would be rejected
20:26:22 <rafaellaguna> *kanliot
20:26:47 <rafaellaguna> sarcasm violates the Ubuntu specs
20:26:55 <kanliot> oh really?
20:26:55 <rafaellaguna> if any phisic person is involved
20:27:07 <highvoltage> rafaellaguna: well, that's *just great*!
20:27:14 <kanliot> lol
20:27:18 <rafaellaguna> I get it :|
20:27:29 <phillw> #topic Any Other Business
20:27:39 <rafaellaguna> the resut will be decide by "all" the artwork team
20:27:55 <phillw> please raise your hands thus o/
20:28:35 <kanliot> o/
20:28:36 <phillw> sorry rafaellaguna, I moved your answer, I'll correct it later
20:28:52 <rafaellaguna> it's not my day
20:28:54 <phillw> kanliot: you have the floor, please keep it brief
20:29:05 <kanliot> oh you just said raise your hand
20:29:13 <kanliot> i thought we were voting on something
20:29:16 <phillw> rafaellaguna: this is my 4th meeting.
20:29:28 <kanliot> sorry go on
20:29:40 <phillw> kanliot: for AOB, it is raise your hand if you wish to speak
20:30:03 <phillw> rafaellaguna: of the day... I want them all to finish soon
20:30:40 <rafaellaguna> I know, anyway you're doing great
20:30:45 <phillw> So, a call for any other business, any thing that has not been covered, any topics you'd like for next time etc. et.c
20:31:32 <phillw> going once.....
20:31:56 <phillw> going twice .....
20:32:02 <Myrtti> rafaellaguna: you wanted to say something about leadership issues?
20:32:08 <phillw> speak now or forever hold your peace
20:32:10 <Myrtti> *now* is the time for that
20:32:15 <rafaellaguna> YES!
20:32:29 <rafaellaguna> I a bit lost about it
20:32:45 <phillw> thanks Myrtti I thought he'd never chime in
20:33:11 <phillw> rafaellaguna: please explain it how you see it at the moment
20:33:47 <rafaellaguna> we have a leader, a team coordinator or both?
20:34:07 <Unit193> The mailing list is a mess, but dev, forum, IRC, and artwork seem to still function well, just need to get the meetings working and it's set, no? (As well as mailing list)
20:34:41 <rafaellaguna> Unit193: it seems so
20:35:29 <rafaellaguna> so there's no need for "elections"
20:35:30 <phillw> rafaellaguna: mailing lists, are mailing lists. If I were to be brutally honest, I'd have removed myself.
20:35:41 <phillw> same thing, month in, month out.
20:35:45 <rafaellaguna> phillw:
20:35:58 <phillw> but, let me give a different prospective.
20:36:00 <phillw> > The lack of leadership at the moment seems to be harming Lubuntu.
20:36:00 <phillw> I'm curious, what harm exactly ?
20:36:00 <phillw> It's not because people don't write on the ml or don't participate to the useless top posting debate that nothing is done in the background.
20:36:00 <phillw> Regards,
20:36:00 <phillw> Julien Lavergne
20:36:02 <Unit193> (Not all mailing lists are that bad, but I'm staying silent now)
20:36:39 <rafaellaguna> I think exactly the same, but you said (right) there's a lot of mess
20:36:56 <phillw> I remain on the Lubuntu-QA mailing list, we are getting along without this "spam", but, a general ML is for that.
20:37:29 <rafaellaguna> so we're fine
20:37:37 <kanliot> noise is one thing, confusion is another
20:37:38 <phillw> All sub teams have a ML, and we all know who we are.
20:37:40 <rafaellaguna> once purged the noise
20:37:45 <rafaellaguna> agree
20:38:43 <phillw> rafaellaguna: You may recall I actually checked on QA to ask why the silence was on it.... it was because they had nothing to report.
20:39:21 <rafaellaguna> like us, we're working "in background" but working
20:40:44 <phillw> I'd love to see that 'stuff' go to, say the area on face book that we have, but until they do. I just glance through the emails and, like facebook, see if there is anything worth replying to.
20:41:14 <phillw> I was, however, amused when they suggested new mailing list groups for areas
20:41:35 <rafaellaguna> yes, I saw
20:41:40 <Unit193> Please remember this is still during a meeting.
20:41:48 <phillw> I even answered
20:42:17 <kanliot> i'm not happy with the level of leadership
20:42:24 <phillw> Unit193: I see no reason for it be disbarred from A-O-B. in a meeting. It is the chance, on A-O-B for people to chat?
20:43:41 <kanliot> at the very least i want somone around, who gets to quote rules of the mailing list to other people
20:43:56 <phillw> but, with a complaint... those in favour of ending the meeting now, please vote as +1 (end) 0 (not bothered) -1 (keep meeting open)
20:44:09 <phillw> #vote
20:44:09 <meetingology> Please vote on:
20:44:09 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)
20:44:23 <rafaellaguna> +1
20:44:31 <phillw> 0
20:45:16 <phillw> anyone else care to vote?
20:45:33 <phillw> going once.....
20:45:46 <phillw> going twice ....
20:45:52 <phillw> #endmeeting