Work with files 01/08/2012
- In this screencast I show you basic file management operations in pcmanfm and some pretty interesting features.
In this screencast I show you how to gain more harddisk space by installing and using localepurge, wich will remove unused language data (localization of apps & help files [manpages etc.])
- This screencast is about the palimpsest Diskutility included in Lubuntu 10.04
Encrypt files 02/25/2011
- In this Screencast I show you how to create an archive which is password protected and how to encrypt a file with gpg
In this Screencast I show you how to create a backup of your home folder and what are the important configuration files in your home folder aswell as how to make a complete system backup with sbackup under Lubuntu. ;more on Lubuntu here: http://www.lubuntu.net
Terminal Tips & Tricks 10/31/2011
- In this screencast I show you how to efficiently work in a terminal environment. In details I show how to copy and insert a commandline very easily into the standard editor and how to search the bash history aswell as enabling page up and page down for quick searching commandline parameters in the bash history.
SSH remote desktop with Xnest 12/06/2010
- In this Screencast I show you how to create a remote desktop connection with ssh. ;
Shading windows 08/18/2012
- In this Lubuntu Screencast I show you a pretty nice feature that might help you working with many open applications windows and not using virtual desktops.
LXPanel 2 Panel Configuration 06/26/2011
- In this screencast I show you how to configure a two panel layout under Lubuntu 11.04.
Turn Lubuntu in Ubuntu Look 08/05/2010
- In this Screencast I show you how to turn Lubuntu 10.04 into Ubuntu 10.04 from the look and feel perspective. ;You need the following:
- In this screencast I answer a user question regarding the sound mixer under Lubuntu.
- In this Screencast I show you Shotwell a photo management software under Lubuntu 10.04
- This screencast is about deadbeef. Its an audio application and manager that allows you to load playlists very fast and quick. It may become the default audio player on lubuntu 10.10
Share Music with Firefly 07/29/2010
This Screencast shows you how to setup a Firefly Daap Server on Lubuntu 10.04. Firefly allows you to share Music files with iTunes, Banshee, Amarok, Rhythmbox and other daap clients in settop boxes, media centers of even your smartphone. Its the easiest way to share music via network.more on Lubuntu here: http://www.lubuntu.netThis Screencast was created with OpenSource Tools: Gtk-Recordmydesktop & KDEnlive & Encode (ffmpeg GUI)
- This screencasts tells you everything you need to know to create a podcast with audacity on Lubuntu 10.04
Aqualung Musicmanagement 03/30/2010
- This screencast is about the default music management application Aqualung on Lubuntu 10.04
In this screencast I show you the application xmms2 under Lubuntu 10.04.more on xmms2 : http://www.xmms2.org
Midi Playback support 07/18/2012
- In this screencast I show you how to get midi playback support in Lubuntu.
- A proove there are machines where gnome mplayer works out of the box without big problems.
Edit Screencasts/Videos 03/31/2010
In this Screencast I show you how to edit your screencast or any video with OpenShot under Lubuntu 10.04
- In this Screencast I show you the Youtube Player minitube for your Lubuntu desktop. ;It allows you not to only watch youtube videos but also to download them.
Record a Screencast 03/31/2010
- In this Screencast I will show you how you can create your own screencasts using gtk-recordmydesktop.
- Howto to install extra codecs under Lubuntu 10.04
Watch Quicktime Streams/Trailers 06/09/2010
- This Screencast is about watching Quicktime Streams or Trailers with Lubuntu 10.04 and mplayer.
Multimedia Keys Audacious 11/01/2011
- In this Screencast I show you how to enable multimedia key support for your Notebook / Netbook with Lubuntu 11.10 and Audacious
- This screencast is all about encode an video and audio transcoding application.
Media in Terminal 11/01/2011
In this screencast I show you how to playback media in your terminal and give you some tips on how to quickly fix playlists with vi & how to convert files to mp3 with ffmpeg.
- In this screencast I show you how to watch media streams embedded into the browser under Lubuntu with gecko-mediaplayer plugin.
- This screencast shows the irc chat client xchat and the basic usage of this tool under Lubuntu 10.04
- This screencast is about the default webbrowser chromium in Lubuntu 10.04
Pidgin Instant Messenger 03/31/2010
- This Screencast will show you the default instant messenger in Lubuntu 10.04 called Pidgin
- In this Screencast I show you the twitter client hotot under Lubuntu.
Install Lubuntu with the Neptune Installer 05/12/2010
- A little Screencast for Devs and professional users which shows you how to install lubuntu with the neptune installer.I also show the remaster-kit I use to build ZevenOS, ZevenOS-Neptune and Lubuntu derivates easily.
- In this Screencast I show you how to configure the update manager in Lubuntu.
Share packagelist 01/05/2011
- In this screencast I show you how to share your packagelist with different other Lubuntu computers.
Synaptic Packagemanagement 03/30/2010
- This screencast shows the synaptic packagamanagement under Lubuntu 10.04
Install Apps from the terminal 11/02/2010
- In this Screencast I show you how to install applications with apt-get from a terminal in Lubuntu 10.10
- In this screencast I shortly explain what metapackages are and how to remove the ace-penguins game package under lubuntu 10.10.
- In this Screencast I show you how to cleanup your apt cache, browser cache and remove orphans left from an removal of an package. ;
Lubuntu Control Center 10/14/2010
- In this Screencast I show you how to install and use lubuntu control center under Lubuntu 10.10
Scheduling Tasks 05/18/2011
- This screencast is all about scheduling tasks in lubuntu. I show you how to use at from the command line and how to use gnome-schedule to create cronjobs.
Remote Networking with Openssh 12/01/2010
- In this Screencast I show you the basic ssh commands in Lubuntu 10.10
Lubuntu AD 01/19/2011
- Ad promoting Lubuntu
Easter Eggs 04/25/2011
- Happy easter. And what would easter be without eggs. Here are some easter eggs that I found in Lubuntu. ;
- In this screencast I show you how to modify and create autostart entries in Lubuntu.
Touchpad configuration 03/13/2011
- In this Screencast I tell you how you configure your touchpad either by using the command line tool synclient or the graphical tool gpointing-device-settings.
Create User 11/02/2011
- In this screencast I show you how to create a new user under Lubuntu 11.10
In this Screencast I show some tips & tricks on how to use multiple monitors in Lubuntu.
Report Bugs 09/09/2010
- In this Screencast I show you how to report bugs in Lubuntu 10.10 Beta 1
Extreme memory tuning 11/16/2010
- In this Screencast I show you extreme memory tuning under Lubuntu 10.10Get every squeeshe out of RAM on your system ;
In this screencast I show you how to connect your mobile phone via bluetooth with your Lubuntu 10.04 machine. ;more on Lubuntu here: http://www.lubuntu.net
12.04 Release 04/26/2012
- In this screencast I show you the great new release of Lubuntu 12.04
Install Lubuntu 11.10 10/17/2011
- In this Screencast I show you how to install Lubuntu 11.10 from the Live CD
Install Lubuntu 10.10 from LiveCD 10/23/2010
- In this Screencast I show you how to install Lubuntu 10.10 from the LiveCD.
Upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10 10/11/2010
- In this Screencast I show you how to upgrade from Lubuntu 10.04 to version 10.10
Shape Collage 09/21/2010
- In this Screencast ;I show you shape collage an easy photo collage creator under Lubuntu 10.10 Beta 1.
MtPaint create wallpaper 11/22/2010
- In this Screencast I show you how to use mtpaint to create a wallpaper in Lubuntu 10.10.
This screencast is about MtPaint the default image editor in Lubuntu 10.04.
Create presentations with Ease 11/07/2010
In this Screencast I show you how to install and create presentations with the application called Ease under Lubuntu 10.10 .more Information on Ease here: ;http://live.gnome.org/Ease
Virtualbox Guest Additions 10/17/2011
In this screencast I show you how to install the virtualbox guest additions so that you can use a seemless mouse, copy & paste from host to virtualmachine (and the other way around) and seemless window mode.
Abiword Wordprocessor 10/27/2010
- In this Screencast I show you the default wordprocessing application under Lubuntu 10.10 called Abiword. ;Abiword has some special features which allow you to work collaboratively on a document or search the web for translating passages of your text.
Sylpheed E-Mail 03/30/2010
- In this screencast I will show the default e-mail application sylpheed under Lubuntu 10.04
- This podcast shows kupfer, an application launcher and quick searchbox.
- This screencasts shows how to install a printer in Lubuntu 10.04.
- This screencast shows Zim a note taking application for Lubuntu 10.04
- This screencast shows you howto to burn files on disk with the tool xfburn included in Lubuntu 10.04
In this Screencast ;I show you how to program simple applications using the Illumination Software Creator under Lubuntu 10.04.more on Illumination Software Creator here: http://radicalbreeze.com/