Couple coding tasks that are very important for Gutsy's Xorg
removing already done wxWindows work
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:40%; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;"><<TableOfContents>>||
|Line 7:||Line 9:|
| * [http://dad.dunnewind.net/universe.php Merges/Syncs for gutsy]
* [http://tinyurl.com/39jh75 Packages requested by others]
* Bug related:
* [http://tinyurl.com/2nu8rm Universe and Multiverse bugs]. There are a lot of bugs, some might even be easy to fix.
* [http://tinyurl.com/2kr36e Universe and Multiverse bugs with patches attached]. If you can help to review the patches, we'd probably get some good fixes in.
* [http://tinyurl.com/2mqom8 Universe and Multiverse NeedsInfo bugs]. Some of the `Needs Info` bugs have been in that state for a long time, let's review them.
* [http://tinyurl.com/2szdcv Universe and Multiverse bugs that need forwarding Upstream]. These bugs need to get forwarded upstream.
* [http://tinyurl.com/2v9m9v Universe and Multiverse Fix Committed bugs]. Make sure that these `Fix Committed` bugs are really in the process of getting fixed.
* [http://tinyurl.com/2kneqf Universe and Multiverse crasher bugs]. Let's forward them upstream and check for dups.
* Tagged bugs:
* [http://tinyurl.com/368977 Universe and Multiverse bugs marked as packaging]. These bugs are all packaging related.
* [http://tinyurl.com/2us2se Universe and Multiverse bugs marked as bitesize]. These bugs are for new contributors.
* [http://tinyurl.com/35lwed Universe and Multiverse bugs marked as upgrade]. Bugs that request new upstream versions - please help reviewing them carefully.
* [http://tinyurl.com/38akrk Universe and Multiverse bugs marked as ftbfs]. Bugs describing build failures of packages.
* [http://tinyurl.com/2ueccz Universe and Multiverse bugs marked as unmdetdeps]. Bugs that indicate packages not being installable due to missing dependencies.
* Help tag bugs using the tags on ["MOTU/Bugs"].
* Packaging related:
* Help to fix packages that are not installable: `apt-cache -i unmet`.
* Incorporate Debian RC fixes: http://ajmitch.net.nz/~ajmitch/missing-fixes-rc.html
|== General Tasks ==
=== Packaging New Software ===
Check out '''[[MOTU/TODO/NewSoftware]]'''.
== Packaging related ==
=== Patch Testing and Review ===
Check out '''http://harvest.ubuntu.com/opportunities/''' and:
1. Make sure the bug is still relevant.
1. Assign it to you.
1. Transform the patch into a [[PackagingGuide/Recipes/Debdiff|debdiff]] if necessary.
1. Make sure it builds and fixes the bug.
1. Add it to the [[SponsorshipProcess|sponsoring queue]] or upload it yourself.
=== Unmet Dependencies ===
Help to fix packages that are not installable. A list can be found [[http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/debcheck/debcheck.py?list=relationship%2dDepends&arch=ANY|on debcheck]] updated 6-hourly.
* Component-specific unmetdeps lists are also available: [[http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/debcheck/debcheck.py?list=universe-only-relationship%2dDepends&arch=ANY|universe]] [[http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/debcheck/debcheck.py?list=multiverse-only-relationship%2dDepends&arch=ANY|multiverse]]
* Some of them are main packages, please sort them out. If you want to take care of them... even better. :)
* Best to use a clean `pbuilder` environment if possible. See: [[PbuilderHowto]].
* `apt-get source <package>` and `debuild or `dpkg-buildpackage`
* Many of the packages just need a fresh rebuild.
=== Other Packaging tasks ===
* Incorporate Debian RC fixes: http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/bugs/rcbugs/
* Address FTBFS issues: http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs
* Review outstanding lintian issues: http://lintian.ubuntuwire.org/
* Lists of packages needing updates due to depends on obsolete package names (e.g., library transitions): http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/NBS/
* Check out other QA activities: http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/
* Piuparts Logs: http://people.ubuntu.com/~liw/piuparts/ ([[https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2007-December/024893.html|instructions]])
* Look for potential security fixes:
|Line 27:||Line 51:|
|* Help migrate applications away from wxWindows2.4: ["MOTU/wx2.4Migration"]|
|Line 30:||Line 53:|
| * Port software to use Ubuntu information, rather than Debian: [[MOTU/PackagesToPort]]
== Universe / Multiverse Bugs ==
Check out '''[[MOTU/TODO/Bugs]]'''.
|Line 33:||Line 62:|
|Go back to '''[:MOTU]'''.[[BR]]
|Go back to '''[[MOTU]]'''.<<BR>>
There's always a lot of work to do in Ubuntu's Universe and Multiverse.
Here a quick list of suggestions, where you can help out:
Packaging New Software
Check out MOTU/TODO/NewSoftware.
Patch Testing and Review
Check out http://harvest.ubuntu.com/opportunities/ and:
- Make sure the bug is still relevant.
- Assign it to you.
Transform the patch into a debdiff if necessary.
- Make sure it builds and fixes the bug.
Add it to the sponsoring queue or upload it yourself.
Help to fix packages that are not installable. A list can be found on debcheck updated 6-hourly.
Some of them are main packages, please sort them out. If you want to take care of them... even better.
Best to use a clean pbuilder environment if possible. See: PbuilderHowto.
apt-get source <package> and debuild or dpkg-buildpackage`
- Many of the packages just need a fresh rebuild.
Other Packaging tasks
Incorporate Debian RC fixes: http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/bugs/rcbugs/
Address FTBFS issues: http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/ftbfs
Review outstanding lintian issues: http://lintian.ubuntuwire.org/
Lists of packages needing updates due to depends on obsolete package names (e.g., library transitions): http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/NBS/
Check out other QA activities: http://qa.ubuntuwire.com/
- Look for potential security fixes:
- Code Needed:
Help develop GUI tool for monitor/resolution configuration: https://launchpad.net/~displayconfig-gtk
Help develop failsafe X mode: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/bullet-proof-x
Port software to use Ubuntu information, rather than Debian: MOTU/PackagesToPort
Universe / Multiverse Bugs
Check out MOTU/TODO/Bugs.