|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
||<tablestyle="float:right; font-size: 0.9em; width:40%; background:#F1F1ED; margin: 0 0 1em 1em;" style="padding:0.5em;">'''Contents'''[[BR]][[TableOfContents]]||
|Line 7:||Line 9:|
|== General Tasks ==
|Line 9:||Line 13:|
| * Bug related:
* [http://tinyurl.com/2leltj Universe and Multiverse bugs]. There are a lot of bugs, some might even be easy to fix.
* [http://tinyurl.com/39w2p3 Universe and Multiverse bugs with patches attached]. If you can help to review the patches, we'd probably get some good fixes in.
* [http://tinyurl.com/34njoy Universe and Multiverse Incomplete bugs]. Some of the `Incomplete` bugs have been in that state for a long time, let's review them.
* [http://tinyurl.com/2oay6v Universe and Multiverse bugs that need forwarding Upstream]. These bugs need to get forwarded upstream.
* [http://tinyurl.com/2s2yer Universe and Multiverse Fix Committed bugs]. Make sure that these `Fix Committed` bugs are really in the process of getting fixed.
* [http://tinyurl.com/2ulotw Universe and Multiverse crasher bugs]. Let's forward them upstream and check for dups.
* Tagged bugs:
* [http://tinyurl.com/2szf29 Universe and Multiverse bugs marked as packaging]. These bugs are all packaging related.
* [http://tinyurl.com/3cbrps Universe and Multiverse bugs marked as bitesize]. These bugs are for new contributors.
* [http://tinyurl.com/2pwln3 Universe and Multiverse bugs marked as upgrade]. Bugs that request new upstream versions - please help reviewing them carefully.
* [http://tinyurl.com/2tqg3u Universe and Multiverse bugs marked as ftbfs]. Bugs describing build failures of packages.
* [http://tinyurl.com/3y7ch2 Universe and Multiverse bugs marked as unmdetdeps]. Bugs that indicate packages not being installable due to missing dependencies.
|* [:MOTU/Bugs:MOTU related bugs]|
|Line 23:||Line 15:|
|----||== Packaging related ==|
|Line 25:||Line 17:|
| * Help tag bugs using the tags on ["MOTU/Bugs"].
* Packaging related:
* Help to fix packages that are not installable: `apt-cache -i unmet`.
|=== Unmet Dependencies ===
Help to fix packages that are not installable: `apt-cache -i unmet`.
* Some of them are main packages, please sort them out. If you want to take care of them... even better. :)
* Best to use a clean `pbuilder` environment if possible. See: ["PbuilderHowto"].
* `apt-get source <package>` and `debuild or `dpkg-buildpackage`
* Many of the packages just need a fresh rebuild.
=== Other Packaging tasks ===
There's always a lot of work to do in Ubuntu's Universe and Multiverse.
Here a quick list of suggestions, where you can help out:
[http://dad.dunnewind.net/ Merges/Syncs for Gutsy]
[http://tinyurl.com/2mbskn Packages requested by others]
[:MOTU/Bugs:MOTU related bugs]
Help to fix packages that are not installable: apt-cache -i unmet.
Some of them are main packages, please sort them out. If you want to take care of them... even better.
Best to use a clean pbuilder environment if possible. See: ["PbuilderHowto"].
apt-get source <package> and debuild or dpkg-buildpackage`
- Many of the packages just need a fresh rebuild.
Other Packaging tasks
Incorporate Debian RC fixes: http://django.ajmitch.net.nz/rcbugs/
- Code Needed:
- Help migrate applications away from wxWindows2.4: ["MOTU/wx2.4Migration"]
Help develop GUI tool for monitor/resolution configuration: https://launchpad.net/~displayconfig-gtk
Help develop failsafe X mode: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/bullet-proof-x
Go back to [:MOTU].BR ["CategoryMOTU"]