This shall become the rootlevel page for the ubuntu MOTU team pages.
The idea is to
- separate the MOTU package maintenance work into subtopics for the different interests that
- touch a set of packages in universe and
- can be grouped to concentrate the work in a team rather than to put it on a single maintainers shoulders.
- be able to better
- plan transitions
- discuss needed changes
- organize work.
MOTU teams should not only be formed by universe maintainers, but also by users and testers who help pointing out packaging bugs or testing package fixes. They should have a teamleader as a single point of contact and may have several subteams.
All teams should work together very tight with their counterpart of the main teams found on this page [http://www.ubuntulinux.org/community/teams on this page]. Strong contact to the according Debian maintainers is highly appreciated.
If you're eager and don't know where, how to start your team: MOTUTeamHowto
- [MOTUGNOME] gives users the nice, squashy, comfortable GNOME experience, introduces new features, fixes bugs and takes care of the overall GNOME integration
- MOTUSecurity cares for vulnerabilitys in universe, works together very tight with the main security team
- MOTUPython guess what this team cares for (this is a subset of the main python team that cares specific for universe packages)
- MOTUAlternateDesktop caring for alternative windowmanagers in ubuntu universe, subteams for each WM are possible (keeps in contact with the main desktop team)
- [MOTU Zope/Plone] zope and plone integration team, a subset of the main server team
- MOTUGames add a .desktop file with nice icon to all games, keep the game packages in shape. works together with the main desktop team
- MOTUDbServer care for universe db server integration. subteams for any kind of db server are possible (subset of the main server team)
- MOTUMedia the team that cares for multimedia in universe, subteams for audio and video would be desirable in tight contact with the main desktop team
- [MOTUAudio] the team who packages professional audio software
- MOTUNettools the universe networkers crew, subteams for dialup, router or firewall would be possible
- MOTUHardware cares for hardware specfic configuration frontends for the desktop/commandline (printer inklevel meter, touchpad configuration, monitor calibration, etc.) (keeps a loose connection to the kernel, laptop and desktop teams)
MOTUGuineaPigs find new software for universe that is not yet packaged in debian or ubuntu, care for the UniverseCandidates page and give help to people that want to create (or want to have created) a initial package of software.
- MOTUWine specifically work on Wine and Wine-related packages (winetools, etc.) Furthermore, open source Windows programs ported with Winelib can be Debianized and tested/linked against the current version of Winelib here.
- MOTUMono cares for Mono core and apps using Mono/GTK#.
- MOTUXfce XFCE team, which brings you the cholesterol free desktop
MOTUKDE KDE packages not in main
If you have additional ideas about this topic or want to add a team, feel free to change this page as you like.