utnubu -> ubuntu
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
|* [:MOTU/Documentation]: summary for the MOTU documentation on the Wiki|
|Line 21:||Line 22:|
|* [:MOTUNewSoftware]: learn how to get new software included in Ubuntu||* [:MOTU/Packages/New]: learn how to get new software included in Ubuntu|
|Line 23:||Line 24:|
|* [:UniverseCandidates]: A wishlist of programs that people would like to have included in Ubuntu. These need to get reviewed and packaged.||* [:MOTU/Packages/Candidates]: A wishlist of programs that people would like to have included in Ubuntu. These need to get reviewed and packaged.|
|Line 29:||Line 30:|
|* [:MOTU/Packages/ReviewingGuide]: How to review Ubuntu packages. A guide for MOTUs and packagers||* [:MOTU/Packages/Reviewing]: How to review Ubuntu packages. A guide for MOTUs and packagers|
|Line 33:||Line 34:|
|Also see ["MOTU/DocTodo"] about MOTU Wiki reorganization.
Some of the following pages are outdated.
* [:MOTU/News] - news that may be of interest to you
* [:MOTU/Teams/Reviewers] - We collect submissions of .debdiffs on this list: http://launchpad.net/people/motureviewers/+assignedbugs
* ["MOTU/Transitions"] ongoing transitions in universe
* [:UniverseUnmetDeps] - Source packages that can not be built and installed because they have missing/wrong dependencies.(There are tons of packages needing love!)
* [:UniversePackageWithoutDesktopFile] - Packages without .desktop files in /usr/share/applications (so they don't apear in menu nor claim mime types to handle)
* This page needs updated with Breezy packages that are missing desktop files
* [:UniverseDesktopFileAbsolutePath] - Fix .desktop files with absolute icon paths
* filing RFPs for/inform ubuntu-discuss of http://ajmitch.dhis.org/debuild/ubuntu/merge-tool/current/rfp and tick them off on [:UniverseNewPackages]
* [:MOTUTools]: Useful tools
|Also see ["MOTU/Documentation/Todo"] about MOTU Wiki reorganization.|
|Line 50:||Line 38:|
Welcome to the realm of the Masters of the Universe!
Masters of the Universe (MOTUs) are the brave souls who try to keep the [http://ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu/components universe section] of Ubuntu in shape. This involves:
merging changes from Debian inside Ubuntu packages. For more information, see ["MOTU/Merging"].
filing and fixing bugs on Ubuntu packages, using [https://launchpad.net/malone malone]. For more information, see ["MOTUBugFixing"].
getting new or updated packages included in Ubuntu. For more information, see ["MOTUNewSoftware"].
Those tasks are done by two categories of Ubuntu enthusiasts :
MOTUs: Ubuntu members who have been granted upload rights to the universe section of Ubuntu.
MOTU Hopefuls: People (like you?) just trying to help.
MOTUs and MOTU Hopefuls can be reached:
on IRC : #ubuntu-motu on irc.freenode.net
on their mailing list: [http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu info page] and [http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/ archives].
Useful Links For MOTUs, MOTU hopefuls and MOTU enthusiasts
- [:MOTU/Documentation]: summary for the MOTU documentation on the Wiki
- [:MOTU/Merging]: learn how to merge changes from Debian inside Ubuntu
- [:MOTUBugFixing]: learn how to file and fix bugs in Ubuntu
- [:MOTU/Packages/New]: learn how to get new software included in Ubuntu
- [:MOTU/Teams]: MOTUs and MOTU hopefuls form teams working on a subset of packages. Is there a team that meets your interests?
- [:MOTU/Packages/Candidates]: A wishlist of programs that people would like to have included in Ubuntu. These need to get reviewed and packaged.
- [:MOTU/Report]: A report on what we do
- [:MOTU/Meetings/Minutes]: All wrap ups of our monthly-held MOTU Meetings on #motu-meeting
- [:MOTU/Hopeful/Recruitment]: How to go from MOTU Hopeful to MOTU
ContributingToDebian: Because MOTU work is about managing divergence between Debian and Ubuntu
- [:MOTU/Packages/Reviewing]: How to review Ubuntu packages. A guide for MOTUs and packagers
Other pages that might or might not be interesting
Also see ["MOTU/Documentation/Todo"] about MOTU Wiki reorganization.