Welcome to the realm of the Masters of the Universe!
Masters of the Universe (MOTUs) are the brave souls who try to keep the [http://www.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/components#head-83c417468ac62506377459c6915798cdb7a24ae2 universe section] of Ubuntu in shape. This involves:
merging changes from Debian inside Ubuntu packages. For more information, see ["MOTU/Merging"].
filing and fixing bugs on Ubuntu packages, using [https://launchpad.net/malone Malone]. For more information, see ["MOTUBugFixing"].
getting new or updated packages included in Ubuntu. For more information, see ["MOTUNewSoftware"].
Those tasks are done by two categories of Ubuntu enthusiasts :
MOTUs: Ubuntu members who have been granted upload rights to the universe section of Ubuntu.
MOTU Hopefuls: People (like you?) just trying to help.
MOTUs and MOTU Hopefuls can be reached:
on IRC : #ubuntu-motu on irc.freenode.net
on their mailing list: [http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu info page] and [http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/ archives].
Useful Links For MOTUs, MOTU hopefuls and MOTU enthusiasts
- [:MOTU/Tasks]: If you want to help out, look here.
- [:MOTU/School]: learn about cool stuff, help out by giving sessions
[:MOTU/Mentors]: initial mentoring happens here
- [:MOTU/Processes]: find out about the processes of the MOTU team
- [:MOTU/Documentation]: summary of MOTU-related documentation on the Wiki
- [:MOTU/Merging]: learn how to merge changes from Debian inside Ubuntu
- [:MOTU/Bugs]: learn how to file and fix bugs in Ubuntu
- [:MOTU/Packages/New]: learn how to get new software included in Ubuntu
- [:MOTU/Teams]: MOTUs and MOTU hopefuls form teams working on a subset of packages. Is there a team that meets your interests?
- [:MOTU/Packages/Candidates]: A wishlist of programs that people would like to have included in Ubuntu. These need to get reviewed and packaged.
- [:MOTU/Report]: A report on what we do
- [:MOTU/Meetings/Minutes]: All wrap-ups of our monthly-held MOTU Meetings on #motu-meeting
- [:MOTU/Hopeful/Recruitment]: How to go from MOTU Hopeful to MOTU
ContributingToDebian: Because MOTU work is about managing divergence between Debian and Ubuntu
- [:MOTU/Packages/Reviewing]: How to review Ubuntu packages. A guide for MOTUs and packagers
Other pages of possible interest
Also see ["MOTU/Documentation/Todo"] about MOTU Wiki reorganization.