Main Inclusion Report for boo
Availability: http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/b/boo/ available for all arches
- Rationale: new (optional) depedency of monodevelop which is already in main. This enables language support for boo in monodevelop
- Security: No security isses reported (but package is still pretty young).
- Quality assurance:
- The package contains a compiler and shell for the boo language which can be used right out the box with no additional efforts required
Maintained by Sam Clegg <email@example.com> in Debian
One important outstanding Debian Bug #317710 which I solved for Universe... I've contacted Sam Clegg to fix it, too
Lots of open major bugs in upstream bug tracker, some of them open for more than half a year.
- Standards compliance:
- The package meets the FHS, Debian Policy and CLIPolicy
- Only depends on mono which is in main already
MartinPitt: software is still very young and has many bugs, IMHO a new programming language should mature a bit before we officially support it; however, it is okay security-wise. I'd like to get a second opinion on that.