|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
|* Sshfs does not process binary (video, audio, etc) or structured (PDF, etc) data ?||* Sshfs does not process binary (video, audio, etc) or structured (PDF, etc) data|
Main Inclusion Report for sshfs-fuse
Availability: [http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/s/sshfs-fuse]; is available for all supported architectures
- With the support for local applications on thin clients in LTSP a way was needed to make the ltsp login manager (LDM) mount the homedir of the logged in user on the client. Since LDM uses ssh to connect to the server and already puts an ssh communication socket in place, the natural choice was to re-use this socket to establish an sshfs mount. To provide the localapps functionality out of the box as planned the ltsp-client package will have to depend on sshfs which means sshfs-fuse has to move to main and onto the Ubuntu alternate CD.
No [http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=sshfs-fuse CVE entries]
No [http://secunia.com/search/?search=sshfs-fuse Secunia history]
- No binaries are running as root or suid/sgid, sshfs wraps around the fuse filesystem and sftp.
- Network activity: sshfs establishes a fuse network mount on top of a ssh connection. It is a client application, does not run any daemons and operates on the ssh standard ports.
- Sshfs does not process binary (video, audio, etc) or structured (PDF, etc) data
- Any source code review performed ? (The approver will do a quick and shallow check.)
- In Ubuntu the package will always work out of the box without configuration.
- The package does not ask any debconf questions.
[http://bugs.debian.org/src:sshfs-fuse Debian bugs]: one tagged "important" on powerpc that is rather fuse related, 8 outstanding bugs
[http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/sshfs-fuse.html Maintenance in Debian] is moderate.
[http://fuse.sourceforge.net/sshfs.html Upstream] is calm.
[http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=fuse-sshfs Upstream Tracks bugs via mailinglist]: So there is no easy way to judge severity of bugs.
- Hardware: The package does not deal with any specific hardware.
- Is there a test suite in the upstream source or packaging ? Is it enabled to run in the build ?
- fuse, libglib
- All of these are in main (and on the CD already)
- The general purpose and context of the package is clear and straightforward from the package description.
- Upstream calls this software sshfs-fuse since the beginning.
MIR bug: [https://launchpad.net/bugs/BUGNUMBER]