← Revision 4 as of 2008-08-06 16:39:20
converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|= Introduction =
24^th^ of January 2008 at [http://www.media.mit.edu MIT Media Lab] in Cambridge.
|= Ubuntu MA LoCo Meeting Minutes Thursday January 24, 2008 7:00PM =|
|Line 4:||Line 3:|
|'''Team Page:''' https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam [[BR]]
'''Meeting Log(s):''' http://people.ubuntu.com/~fabbione/irclogs/Location_of_Log.html [[BR]]
|'''Meeting Chair:''' Martin Owens <<BR>>
'''Meeting Minutes by:''' Sara Abbott <<BR>>
|Line 7:||Line 6:|
|'''Meeting Chair:''' Martin Owens [[BR]]
'''Meeting Minutes by:''' Sara Abbott [[BR]]
= Present =
The following were present during this meeting:
==== Members Present ====
== Agenda ==
|'''Physically Present Members:''' Martin, Aaron, Joe, Mike, Sara, Nathan, Theresa, Steve, Brad, Randy, David, Yuri, Mako<<BR>>
'''Virtually Present Members:'' <<BR>>
|Line 32:||Line 10:|
| * Where? [http://media.mit.edu/ MIT Media Lab]
* [:MassachusettsTeam/Events/InstallFests/: When?]
* Food & Beverages?
* Laptop only? (Carrying desktops in ice/snow is probably not a good idea)
* Entertainment? [http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=628868 Live Band]
| * Where? [[http://media.mit.edu/|MIT Media Lab]]
* When? February 23rd, 9am-5pm
* Intend to focus for a smaller group
* Brad has access to advertising in periodicals (Blast Magazine, Boston Globe)
* Suggest snow/ice safety when carrying computer equipment in advertisements
* Food & Beverages? -- To be discussed at a later date
* Please bring spare power strips but be sure to label them with your name if you would like them back
* Brad has volunteered a gigabit switch
* Entertainment? [[http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=628868|Live Band]] -- Decided to be too distracting and will detract from the desired learning environment
* Installfest planning meeting at MIT JANUARY 31st. @ 7:00pm Will have IRC contact for those who can't attend
|Line 40:||Line 24:|
|* Can/Shall we host one?||* Can/Shall we host one? -- A bootstrapping jam. Everyone teaches, Everyone Learns.|
|Line 42:||Line 26:|
| * New maintainer's guide
* How to become master of the Universe
* David has volunteered to lead this event
* Plan for the first to be in March
|Line 45:||Line 33:|
|* Designate a PR Coordinator|| * Client, Client, Server Help Application (through Jabber?)
* Development volunteers needed
* Goal is to solve users problems remotely while teaching them how to use Ubuntu
* Concern: Data Loss liability
* Designate a PR Coordinator -- Nate
|Line 49:||Line 41:|
| * Keysigning party
* Newton High School talk
| * Keysigning party -- coupled with installfest, head count beforehand in case organization is necessary for large numbers of people
* Newton High School Talk & Librarians -- Mako contributed many points
* Previously spoke at K-12 Free software convention stressing
* "this is why [Ubuntu] will work "
* "this is why it should be done"
* "open the floor to particular questions"
* Need tactical solutions for their system
* Too many people will make it harder to communicate how powerful the Ubuntu message
*"You should have a conversation with them, not a 'presentation' really."
* Listeners will be interested in what their systems can't do already and how [Ubuntu] can be integrated into what they have already i.e. If you've already bought Windows licenses, stating Ubuntu will save on the cost of Windows Licenses will not be effective
|Line 55:||Line 54:|
| * People are asking for them!
* Evaluate demand for kubuntu case badges
* $100 of group money for case badges is going to be allocated for more case badges -- This needs clarification, please?
* We won't order more casebadges, until we have money in hand -- a group buy
* Wear of them, isn't very good. Was [enough] resin used? Clear nail polish could help
|Line 56:||Line 60:|
| * New shirts! Samples ([:Leftyfb: Mike])
* Cost? Sale Price?
* Decision Deadline?
* Ubuntu CD's: Making More and Money to do it
| * New shirts! Samples ([[Leftyfb| Mike]]) -- Lowell High School is no longer able to print them
* Order from our original distributor, with the screens already made
* [[Leftyfb| Mike]] will create a wiki page, so we can collaborate at a later date
* boutique/bleach/tie-dye party for ubuntu shirts
* Ubuntu CD's: Making More and Money to do it -- Request from Cannonical
|Line 62:||Line 67:|
| * Designate someone to be responsible for the [:MassachusettsTeam/Toolbox/:tool box]
* More ways for people to help -- task delegation?
| * Designate someone to be responsible for the [[MassachusettsTeam/Toolbox/|tool box]] -- Brad
* More ways for people to help -- task delegation? -- This point no longer required addressing
|Line 67:||Line 72:|
| * People have been signing up for launch pad and not participating in the group
* We want members to feel they are a part of something to encourage them to be involved
* Tags or points to quantify and recognize activity to encourage attendance and pro-activity -- Karma Page, Theresa's Responsibility
* Encourage an expired members availability. If You want to stay in the group renew membership by clicking an emailed link
|Line 68:||Line 77:|
|Line 71:||Line 81:|
| * Public logging that will not be search engine indexed
* Link Logging/Chat Logging Bot -- Xavier
|Line 75:||Line 87:|
| * Bottom or Top Posting? Is it so important?
* Email List etiquette wiki page?
|Line 76:||Line 90:|
| * Bottom or Top Posting? Is it so important?
NOTE : ''Please add these 5 characters at the end of your comments @``SIG@ so we get an automatic timestamp with your user name on it. It will be expanded when you save the changes, so don't worry when you don't see the timestamp and username in the preview.''
| * If something happens on the mailing list, that you want to call someone out on, please do so in public to the list. It's not fair to be emailed by 16 people in one day over the same point. If you think what you're going to say is too harsh, then don't.
* No hidden agenda's!
Ubuntu MA LoCo Meeting Minutes Thursday January 24, 2008 7:00PM
Meeting Chair: Martin Owens
Meeting Minutes by: Sara Abbott
Physically Present Members: Martin, Aaron, Joe, Mike, Sara, Nathan, Theresa, Steve, Brad, Randy, David, Yuri, Mako Where? MIT Media Lab Food & Beverages? -- To be discussed at a later date Entertainment? Live Band -- Decided to be too distracting and will detract from the desired learning environment Hand out more fliers & CD's Newton High School Talk & Librarians -- Mako contributed many points Designate someone to be responsible for the tool box -- Brad
Virtually Present Members:
Packaging Jam and/or Bug Jam
Launchpad Users Clean Up
Mailing List Etiquette
Meeting called to order at 19:00, by Meeting Chair, Martin Owens
Where? MIT Media Lab
Food & Beverages? -- To be discussed at a later date
Entertainment? Live Band -- Decided to be too distracting and will detract from the desired learning environment
Hand out more fliers & CD's
Newton High School Talk & Librarians -- Mako contributed many points
Designate someone to be responsible for the tool box -- Brad