24th of January 2008 at [http://www.media.mit.edu MIT Media Lab] in Cambridge.
Team Page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam BR Meeting Log(s): http://people.ubuntu.com/~fabbione/irclogs/Location_of_Log.html BR
The following were present during this meeting:
Where? [http://media.mit.edu/ MIT Media Lab]
- [:MassachusettsTeam/Events/InstallFests/: When?]
Food & Beverages?
- Laptop only? (Carrying desktops in ice/snow is probably not a good idea)
Entertainment? [http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=628868 Live Band]
Packaging Jam and/or Bug Jam
- Can/Shall we host one?
- What are our resources?
- Local Support Application
- Designate a PR Coordinator
- More PR events (Monthly)
Hand out more fliers & CD's
- Promote social networking website groups (facebook, myspace, etc.)
- Keysigning party
- Newton High School talk
- Case Badges: Second Round in February
- New shirts! Samples ([:Leftyfb: Mike])
- Cost? Sale Price?
- Decision Deadline?
- Ubuntu CD's: Making More and Money to do it
- Designate someone to be responsible for the [:MassachusettsTeam/Toolbox/:tool box]
- More ways for people to help -- task delegation?
Launchpad Users Clean Up
- Allow only 'real' names?
- Define Moderation Practices
- Continuous logging of the ubuntu-us-ma channel?
- Additional channel only for meetings?
Mailing List Etiquette
- Do we want to adopt certain policies? Will this discourage new users?
- Should we have a no-policy policy? Or a "no whining about how people email the list" policy?
- Bottom or Top Posting? Is it so important?
NOTE : Please add these 5 characters at the end of your comments @SIG@ so we get an automatic timestamp with your user name on it. It will be expanded when you save the changes, so don't worry when you don't see the timestamp and username in the preview.
Meeting called to order at 19:00, by Meeting Chair, Martin Owens
2008-01-24 meeting minutes were amended and approved