Ubuntu MA LoCo Meeting Minutes Thursday January 24, 2008 7:00PM
Meeting Chair: Martin Owens
Meeting Minutes by: Sara Abbott
Physically Present Members: Martin, Aaron, Joe, Mike, Sara, Nathan, Theresa, Steve, Brad, Randy, David, Yuri, Mako
Virtually Present Members:
Packaging Jam and/or Bug Jam
- Can/Shall we host one? -- A bootstrapping jam. Everyone teaches, Everyone Learns.
- What are our resources?
- New maintainer's guide
- How to become master of the Universe
- David has volunteered to lead this event
- Plan for the first to be in March
- Case Badges: Second Round in February
- People are asking for them!
- Evaluate demand for kubuntu case badges
- $100 of group money for case badges is going to be allocated for more case badges -- This needs clarification, please?
- We won't order more casebadges, until we have money in hand -- a group buy
- Wear of them, isn't very good. Was [enough] resin used? Clear nail polish could help
New shirts! Samples (Mike) -- Lowell High School is no longer able to print them
- Order from our original distributor, with the screens already made
Mike will create a wiki page, so we can collaborate at a later date
- boutique/bleach/tie-dye party for ubuntu shirts
- Ubuntu CD's: Making More and Money to do it -- Request from Cannonical
Launchpad Users Clean Up
- Allow only 'real' names?
- People have been signing up for launch pad and not participating in the group
- We want members to feel they are a part of something to encourage them to be involved
- Tags or points to quantify and recognize activity to encourage attendance and pro-activity -- Karma Page, Theresa's Responsibility
- Encourage an expired members availability. If You want to stay in the group renew membership by clicking an emailed link
- Define Moderation Practices
- Continuous logging of the ubuntu-us-ma channel?
- Public logging that will not be search engine indexed
- Link Logging/Chat Logging Bot -- Xavier
- Additional channel only for meetings?
Mailing List Etiquette
- Do we want to adopt certain policies? Will this discourage new users?
- Bottom or Top Posting? Is it so important?
- Email List etiquette wiki page?
- Should we have a no-policy policy? Or a "no whining about how people email the list" policy?
- If something happens on the mailing list, that you want to call someone out on, please do so in public to the list. It's not fair to be emailed by 16 people in one day over the same point. If you think what you're going to say is too harsh, then don't.
- No hidden agenda's!
Meeting called to order at 19:00, by Meeting Chair, Martin Owens
2008-01-24 meeting minutes were amended and approved