- paultag - Chair
Loss of SETC and MIT contacts has left the LoCo without a meeting place / HQ.
- Discussed options for acquiring a new space including universities, coffee shops, hackerspaces and libraries.
- Briefly discussed options for software demos, could use USB sticks for Ubuntu or laptops.
- Discussed the possibly of using public libraries for meeting space
- Discussed options for meetings in the western part of the state
- Discussed the need for a contact and a leader
- Discussed the role of the leader
- Created page for election
- Agreed to fill roles with volunteers in the short term and to plan to elect a leader in 3 - 6 months.
- Discussed and assigned roles
- Burzmali to chair 9/2 meeting
- leftyfb to continue as IRC Ops, ML Ops and Forum Admin
- Discussed website, currently hosted on MIT's servers accessible to leftyfb
leftyfb to continue as admin, and to review adding shishire and/or jmnormand as webmasters pending conversation with DoctorMo
- Discussed 10.10 launch party
Discussed LoCo attending Anime Con in November
Contact Tufts for possible meeting space - shishire
Contact Hackerspaces - Burzmali
Research libraries as possible meeting space - Burzmali, ?
- Research coffee shops for possible meeting space - ?
Review website situation and confer with DoctorMo for webmaster role - leftyfb
Plan to discuss ideas for improvements to the LoCo website next meeting - All
Research location for 10.10 Release Party - jmnormand
Secure a table and passes for Anime Con - shishire
- leftyfb will be disappointing (most of) the women of the world shortly due to a matrimonial situation.
Future election page at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/ReApproval2010/Elections2010