Differences between revisions 14 and 24 (spanning 10 versions)
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
|== A Little About Me ==|
|Line 4:||Line 3:|
My name is Matt Galvin. I am generally interested in all aspects of computing.
Personally and professionally I have worked with many different types of systems ranging from
Linux to Windows to Mac OS to Solaris and other UNIX variants, IDS's, Firewalls,
Routers and written code in most of the big languages ranging from shell scripts
to C to Perl, PHP, Java, all the Web stuff, and much more. I have also done a great deal of work
with PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Oracle.
I don't buy computers. I build them. And although this is not a particularly
difficult thing to do, I am somewhat proud that I don't have to be handed my tools,
I build my own tools, sort of how real mechanics build their own hot rods
(although on a much smaller scale :)
In both my professional career and in my hobbies I have a great deal of experience
solving problems that arise in day to day development as well as hitting long term
goals on VERY tight deadlines. I also have a great deal of experience maintaining systems
over the long term, making sure things continue to run smoothly over time.
I am currently an Enterprise Java Developer, DB Developer,
and CVS Admin/Release Manager for my organization.
I use Ubuntu at work and at home and encourge others to do the same.
== Team Memberships ==
* Ubuntu Documentation Team Member
* Ubuntu Instant Server Team Leader
== Publications I have authored/co-authored: ==
* [http://powerpc.ubuntuguide.org/ Unofficial Ubuntu 5.04 Starter Guide (PowerPC)]
== Other Current Community Involvement ==
* I became an official Ubuntu Community Member on June 07, 2005
* I am an active contributor on Ubuntu, PostgreSQL and Tomcat mailing lists.
* I have started the process of becoming both an MOTU and a DD with one of my primary goals being to help keep us in sync with each other.
== Contact Info ==
IRC: mgalvin on irc.freenode.net