Comment: imported from the old wiki
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|= MattGalvin =
|Line 8:||Line 6:|
|My name is Matt Galvin. I live in the US and have been working with computers
since the age of 13. I am generally interested in all aspects of computing.
|My name is Matt Galvin. I am generally interested in all aspects of computing.|
|Line 34:||Line 31:|
|== Team Memberships ==
* Ubuntu Documentation Team Member
|Line 36:||Line 37:|
|[http://powerpc.ubuntuguide.org/ Unofficial Ubuntu 5.04 Starter Guide (PowerPC)]
== Packages I am currently working on: ==
* nvidia-cg-toolkit (Packaged, but I am re-packaging it since the first go was just an alien deb...)
* gnome-clipboard-daemon (Packaged, new package, waiting for review)
* cegui (working on it..., contacting debian maintainer)
* ogre (working on it..., contacting debian maintainer)
* tuxtype2 (Packaged, segfaults, contacted upstream, awaiting reply... tuxtype2 is the dev/unstable branch)
* libcwd (Packaged, contacted madduck at debian - working with him to get this updated package into Debian as well, awaiting review)
Which reside [http://www.simplifiedcomplexity.com/ubuntu/packages/ here] at the moment.
== Some bugs I have opened/contributed to: ==
I have also opened bugs for Oracle 9i with Oracle, Fedora, and other OSS packages.
== How I Want to Help ==
I want to help make Ubuntu the most stable and usable server platform available
as well as help make Ubuntu a viable tool for education and home use for the everyone.
Additionally, being that I work with Java so much, I would love to help out in this area as well.
I hope to help improve this great system by helping to contribute new packages, fixing bugs in existing packages, and by helping test Ubuntu to ensure it is stable and usable for everyone.
|* [http://powerpc.ubuntuguide.org/ Unofficial Ubuntu 5.04 Starter Guide (PowerPC)]|
|Line 67:||Line 41:|
|I am an active poster on both the PostgreSQL and Tomcat mailing lists.|| * I became an official Ubuntu Community Member on June 07, 2005
* I am an active contributor on Ubuntu, PostgreSQL and Tomcat mailing lists.
* I have started the process of becoming both an MOTU and a DD with one of my primary goals being to help keep us in sync with each other.
|Line 76:||Line 53:|
A Little About Me
My name is Matt Galvin. I am generally interested in all aspects of computing. Personally and professionally I have worked with many different types of systems ranging from Linux to Windows to Mac OS to Solaris and other UNIX variants, IDS's, Firewalls, Routers and written code in most of the big languages ranging from shell scripts to C to Perl, PHP, Java, all the Web stuff, and much more. I have also done a great deal of work with PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Oracle.
I don't buy computers. I build them. And although this is not a particularly difficult thing to do, I am somewhat proud that I don't have to be handed my tools, I build my own tools, sort of how real mechanics build their own hot rods (although on a much smaller scale
In both my professional career and in my hobbies I have a great deal of experience solving problems that arise in day to day development as well as hitting long term goals on VERY tight deadlines. I also have a great deal of experience maintaining systems over the long term, making sure things continue to run smoothly over time.
I regularly write Installation Reports for Ubuntu Daily/Milestone CD/DVD installations, report bugs, and help others on the ubuntu-users list.
I am currently an Enterprise Java Developer, DB Developer, and CVS Admin/Release Manager for my organization.
I use Ubuntu at work and at home and encourge others to do the same.
- Ubuntu Documentation Team Member
Publications I have authored/co-authored:
[http://powerpc.ubuntuguide.org/ Unofficial Ubuntu 5.04 Starter Guide (PowerPC)]
Other Current Community Involvement
- I became an official Ubuntu Community Member on June 07, 2005
- I am an active contributor on Ubuntu, PostgreSQL and Tomcat mailing lists.
- I have started the process of becoming both an MOTU and a DD with one of my primary goals being to help keep us in sync with each other.
Web Site: http://www.simplifiedcomplexity.com/ Blog: http://www.simplifiedcomplexity.com/matt/
MattGalvin (last edited 2008-08-06 16:16:22 by localhost)