• jdstrand
  • mdeslaur
  • tyhicks
  • sarnold
  • chrisccoulson

Not present

  • sbeattie
  • jjohansen


  • Announcements
    • Thanks to the following people thanks for help on security updates since the last meeting: Johan Van de Wauw (tamrat) provided debdiffs for precise-saucy for mapserver (LP: #1267616), Thomas Ward (TheLordOfTime) provided debdiffs for raring for znc (LP: #1268658), Felix Geyer (debfx) provided debdiffs for Precise, Quantal, Saucy for quassel (LP: #1255362). Your work is very much appreciated and will keep Ubuntu users secure. Great job! Smile :)

  • Actions
    • [ACTION] chrisccoulson to benchmark oxide and qtwebkit once armhf builds work
    • [ACTION] chrisccoulson to send results of benchmarks to list
      • blocked on input methods (IM), which is blocked on Qt 5.2, which is blocked on frameworks discussions
    • [ACTION] jdstrand to follow-up on list regarding status of oxide benchmarks and why they are blocked
  • Weekly stand-up report (each member discusses any pending and planned future work for the week)
    • jdstrand
      • weekly role: happy place
      • pending updates
      • prepare for sprint
      • work items as time allows
    • mdeslaur
      • short week
      • weekly role: triage
      • pending updates
    • tyhicks
      • looking into an ecryptfs bug at the moment (LP: #1265841)
      • AppArmor

        • kdbus patches and mailing list
        • jdstrand asked about yama on touch: emulator segfaults when running unity tests and can't test all the kernels. We'll test on real hardware then coordinate with the kernel team for a pull request and then a landing
    • jjohansen
    • sarnold
      • community
      • libotr patches from debfx to test and release
      • several MIRs
      • review cgmanager
      • sprint prep (ie, look at AppArmor profile load)

    • chrisccoulson
      • oxide
        • looking at oxide bugs that make oxide unusable on the device
        • last week worked on cmake which greatly decreases build time so people can iterate much more quickly now
        • firefox release next week
  • Highlighted packages

    The Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved. The highlighted packages for this week are:

    The Ubuntu Security team suggests that contributors look into merging Debian security updates in community-supported packages. If you would like to help Ubuntu but are not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so. See the available merges and SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details on preparing Ubuntu security updates. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-hardened. To find out other ways of helping out, please see SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.

  • Miscellaneous and Questions


Logs available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2014/ubuntu-meeting.2014-01-27-16.38.html

MeetingLogs/Security/20140127 (last edited 2014-01-27 17:12:34 by jdstrand)